Just watched Conor 202 press day

Is it just me or did Conor made a lot of excuses for losing against Diaz, he keeps coming up with more excuses now he was overtrained I thought he had a partialy torn ACL what was it?
He had a torn medial ligament for the mendes fight. Hence why he made fun of Aldo for pulling out due to bruised ribs. That made the mendes win even more impressive because he had no wrestling training and could barely train kicks.

Is it just me or did Conor made a lot of excuses for losing against Diaz, he keeps coming up with more excuses now he was overtrained I thought he had a partialy torn ACL what was it?

Yea I noticed this as well, recently he is going hard on justifications about the result.. it can be just hype and marketing or him trying to justify things for himself and his fans.. or just bs who can know.

If you want to hear an "excuse" thats what you will hear.

"Excuse" used to be a positive word. It used to be something that excuses someone from something. That's a good thing. And that's if the excuse is a statement of truth.

That it's become a negative word, shows how prevalent dishonesty is in society. People lying about things to excuse themselves from something actually became the standard.

If you want to criticize Conor for "making excuses", respond to the points he makes. Assess whether they're true or false:

Do you think he overtained? Do you think that affected his performance negatively in a significant way?
Do you think he had a staph infection in the buildup to the fight? Do you think that affected his performance negatively in a significant way?
Do you think Nate had a size advantage? Do you think that affected the outcome of the fight in a negative way for Conor?
etc.
The issue is whether Conor accepts ANY excuses from his opponents. He sure didn't accept Mendes's lack of cardio because he filled in on short notice. Nope! It was only the left. Even if Chad did not make the excuse himself, you have to say that he was at a disadvantage by filling in on short notice. Chad lasted 5 rounds with Aldo. Then in Conor's loss to Nate, it was his lack of cardio...oops, inefficiency.

"Excuse" used to be a positive word. It used to be something that excuses someone from something. That's a good thing. And that's if the excuse is a statement of truth.

That it's become a negative word, shows how prevalent dishonesty is in society. People lying about things to excuse themselves from something actually became the standard.

If you want to criticize Conor for "making excuses", respond to the points he makes. Assess whether they're true or false:

Do you think he overtained? Do you think that affected his performance negatively in a significant way?
Do you think he had a staph infection in the buildup to the fight? Do you think that affected his performance negatively in a significant way?
Do you think Nate had a size advantage? Do you think that affected the outcome of the fight in a negative way for Conor?
etc.
All no!
Not overtrained
No Staph
No torn ACL
No bad training habbits (wich he also mentioned)
He had a height disadvantage but so what a lot of fighters have that.

The issue is whether Conor accepts ANY excuses from his opponents. He sure didn't accept Mendes's excuse that he filled in on short notice. Nope! It was the left that dropped him and had nothing to do with Mendes lack of cardio. Then in his lose to Nate, it was his lack of cardio...oops, inefficiency.
This and Memdes was tagging him good and taking him down at will .

He had a torn medial ligament for the mendes fight. Hence why he made fun of Aldo for pulling out due to bruised ribs. That made the mendes win even more impressive because he had no wrestling training and could barely train kicks.
Looks like he's injured a lot !

The issue is whether Conor accepts ANY excuses from his opponents. He sure didn't accept Mendes's lack of cardio because he filled in on short notice. Nope! It was only the left. Even if Chad did not make the excuse himself, you have to say that he was at a disadvantage by filling in on short notice. Chad lasted 5 rounds with Aldo. Then in Conor's loss to Nate, it was his lack of cardio...oops, inefficiency.
He's never explicity stated that he doesn't think Chad's lack of a camp didn't have a negative effect on the fight. If someone asked him the question, I'd expect an honest answer. And the answer is obvious. Since he wasn't asked, he instead focused on the positive things that he did, which is what everybody should aim to do. That's productive.

When Conor said he was inefficient, he wasn't saying he didn't gas. He said he gassed, and gave more detail on top of that. He wasn't getting a good return on investment on the strikes he threw (and thus was inefficient), and that caused him to gas.

Excuses are good if they're based on truth and bad if they aren't. If he's said something that isn't true, focus on that.

All no!
Not overtrained
No Staph
No torn ACL
No bad training habbits (wich he also mentioned)
He had a height disadvantage but so what a lot of fighters have that.
How do you know?
How do you know?
How do you know?
How do you know?

Whether or not other fighters have a height disadvantage isn't relevant. The height disadvantage was brought up as a potential reason for the loss. Either it did contribute the loss and is true, or it didn't and is false. All he's doing is explaining why he lost. Other fighters and other fights aren't relevant to that subject. Answering questions is actually a good thing, you know. You wouldn't think it, with the poor standard of answers we normally get from MMA fighters, combined with Sherdog's disdain for a rare fighter who actually has something to say.

He's never explicity stated that he doesn't think Chad's lack of a camp didn't have a negative effect on the fight. If someone asked him the question, I'd expect an honest answer. And the answer is obvious. Since he wasn't asked, he instead focused on the positive things that he did, which is what everybody should aim to do. That's productive.

When Conor said he was inefficient, he wasn't saying he didn't gas. He said he gassed, and gave more detail on top of that. He wasn't getting a good return on investment on the strikes he threw (and thus was inefficient), and that caused him to gas.

Excuses are good if they're based on truth and bad if they aren't. If he's said something that isn't true, focus on that.
Come on man are you serious? he lost because he wasn't good enough, maybe he will win next time time will tell but he lost because he could't knock Nate out. If Conor doesn't have the power to KO his opponent what's left for him to do? he isn't someone that wins by decision or submission.

Come on man are you serious? he lost because he wasn't good enough, maybe he will win next time time will tell but he lost because he could't knock Nate out. If Conor doesn't have the power to KO his opponent what's left for him to do? he isn't someone that wins by decision or submission.
I agree with your post. I agree that he wasn't good enough. I agree that maybe he'll win next time. I obviously agree he couldn't knock Nate out. And I agree that a Conor win is unlikely if he doesn't finish Nate in the rematch.

Yet you word your post as though it disagrees with something I said. What did you disagree with specifically?

How do you know?
How do you know?
How do you know?
How do you know?

Whether or not other fighters have a height disadvantage isn't relevant. The height disadvantage was brought up as a potential reason for the loss. Either it did contribute the loss and is true, or it didn't and is false. All he's doing is explaining why he lost. Other fighters and other fights aren't relevant to that subject. Answering questions is actually a good thing, you know. You wouldn't think it, with the poor standard of answers we normally get from MMA fighters, combined with Sherdog's disdain for a rare fighter who actually has something to say.
A rare fighter how so? rare in what sense skills wise?
Something to say? Have you watched his press conferences he's full of shit. it's entertaining but nothing more.

A rare fighter how so? rare in what sense skills wise?
Something to say? Have you watched his press conferences he's full of shit. it's entertaining but nothing more.
Skillwise, yes, he's rare. Nobody fights like him. He has a unique style. But that wasn't what I was talking about.

I was saying instances where a fighter actually has something to say, are rare. Most fighters give stock answers. You could predict responses for them. You can't do that for Conor. He has opinions, and he isn't afraid to voice them. That counts for a lot. That's also what I mean when I say he has something to say. The majority of people, let alone fighters, are 95% unoriginal, hence the predictability.

I agree with your post. I agree that he wasn't good enough. I agree that maybe he'll win next time. I obviously agree he couldn't knock Nate out. And I agree that a Conor win is unlikely if he doesn't finish Nate in the rematch.

Yet you word your post as though it disagrees with something I said. What did you disagree with specifically?
I disagree with your interpretation of "excuse" you spin it around in Conors favor. Conor is an MMA fighter fighters win fighters lose, fighters fight with injuries, a fighter always has an "excuse" for not winning. Conor isn't special at all. Someone like Mighty Mouse Cain, or Jones are far better fighters but they lack the charisma Conor has.

rELv7iU.gif
Notice how McPanic never makes any effort for wrist control or to stop the RNC in any way after rolling over to give up his back. Was he late for a pedicure and had to leave in a hurry?

Back