Just standing up against the elderly octopus

Oleinik is not one win away from a title shot. There's a logjam at HW, he's behind Cormier, Ngannou, and Blaydes.

Rooting for Oleinik though. Both he and Overeem could eventually get a TS if they keep winning.

OTOH I do want to see an Ngannou-Lewis rematch at some point because I think we would actually get the fight we were promised the first time around. Ngannou isn't scared anymore and I think Lewis's back is better.

5OKbrNX.png

{<jordan}

Hunt has a ton of submission losses. Lewis has none. Tybura and Nelson are BJJ blackbelts and couldn't sub Lewis on the ground.

People are weirdly unable to do anything to Lewis but hold him down until he decides to stand up.
good observation. he has an underrated ground game. at least blue belt level and he also has retard strength so add a couple more.

Oleinik is not one win away from a title shot. There's a logjam at HW, he's behind Cormier, Ngannou, and Blaydes.

Rooting for Oleinik though. Both he and Overeem could eventually get a TS if they keep winning.

OTOH I do want to see an Ngannou-Lewis rematch at some point because I think we would actually get the fight we were promised the first time around. Ngannou isn't scared anymore and I think Lewis's back is better.

For some reason I thought Blaydes KO loss against Ngannou was recent but that was 2 years ago and he has 4 wins since. Definitely a log jam, they gotta get that HW title moving!

Werdum made Werdum look fat and sloppy but I get ya

I think Werdum was expecting it to go to the ground sooner on Olys part, I think thats why he weighed more. I dont think he was expecting a boxing match.

I think this is actually a really interesting style matchup, consider me intrigued.
I'm really thinking that Oleinik gets the sub in this one. Am I alone in this?

Also with a win over the division's #4 you have to think he's only one away from a title shot.
Hopefully DC and Stipe have completed their best of 10 series before Oleinik retires.
Could def see that. Could also def see the opposite - BB KO'ing him silly and quickly. I'm intrigued

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back