Just standing up against the elderly octopus

Medulla Omoplata

Mayberry Comptroller
@Silver
Reaction score
I think this is actually a really interesting style matchup, consider me intrigued.
I'm really thinking that Oleinik gets the sub in this one. Am I alone in this?

Also with a win over the division's #4 you have to think he's only one away from a title shot.
Hopefully DC and Stipe have completed their best of 10 series before Oleinik retires.

The eggplants will salute other pigeons once again

I like the implication in this that eggplants are also pigeons.

And this is still my boy!

250px-Ash_and_Pidgeotto.png

The Boa will choke out Derrick Lewis. I'm putting big money on an Oleinik sub.

Man it would be wild if he somehow works his way to a title shot.

If Oleinik took down and submitted Hunto you bet he can do the same to Lewis. It's HW and anything can happen but I'd pick Oleinik pretty confidently.

Oilenik at +205 is a great deal. This is a 50/50 eyes in my eyes.

I think he has a great shot at getting the sub.
hopefully he hasn't 'fallen in love with his striking' and stands too long with with the Black Beast. just too dangerous. if he takes him down, should be game over man

tenor.gif

If Oleinik took down and submitted Hunto you bet he can do the same to Lewis. It's HW and anything can happen but I'd pick Oleinik pretty confidently.

Hunt has a ton of submission losses. Lewis has none. Tybura and Nelson are BJJ blackbelts and couldn't sub Lewis on the ground.

People are weirdly unable to do anything to Lewis but hold him down until he decides to stand up.

Hunt has a ton of submission losses. Lewis has none. Tybura and Nelson are BJJ blackbelts and couldn't sub Lewis on the ground.

People are weirdly unable to do anything to Lewis but hold him down until he decides to stand up.

DC RNC BB.

Your point is still valid though. But Oleinik is a different beast altogether as far as finding subs go.

The Boa will choke out Derrick Lewis. I'm putting big money on an Oleinik sub.

Man it would be wild if he somehow works his way to a title shot.
HW booking is always all over the place. He likely gets someone like Volkov, or Sakai if he beats Overeem, but he could be put against winner of JDS-Rozen or a Blaydes rematch, who knows? A run from him would be great to see

DC RNC BB.

Your point is still valid though. But Oleinik is a different beast altogether as far as finding subs go.

Yeah, I didn't want to insinuate that it wasn't possible. You can't talk in absolutes at HW.

Lewis just has a weird way of surviving even when he's in terrible positions though.

DC RNC BB.

I agree. Tybura and Nelson, along with most of the HW division, are not in the same league in terms of ground game as Oleinik.

He made Werdum look sloppy, His stand up catches a lot off guard. He might not win, but Im picking Oly.

He made Werdum look sloppy, His stand up catches a lot off guard. He might not win, but Im picking Oly.

True but the Werdum that showed up against Gus looked in way better shape and focused.

I'd say it's a toss up. Pulling for Oly in this one, BB personality is rather off putting to me. JMO of course.

Back