Just Rewatched Werdum vs Overeem 2

CCA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So a lot of doggers are saying they are next in line if they win their fights. Go watch the fight and give us your observations.

What i took from this fight:
  • The pace of the fight was extremely slow.
  • Fabricio becomes a punching bang due gassing from minute 2 of the second round.
  • Overeem was absolutely gassed by the end of the second round.
  • The Reem NEVER put Fabricio in danger of being KO

So a lot of doggers are saying they are next in line if they win their fights. Go watch the fight and give us your observations.

What i took from this fight:
  • The pace of the fight was extremely slow.
  • Fabricio becomes a punching bang due gassing from minute 2 of the second round.
  • Overeem was absolutely gassed by the end of the second round.
  • The Reem NEVER put Fabricio in danger of being KO

Terrible analysis. I like how you completely ignore the fact that Werdum was a coward who refused to engage and flopped to his back every time he was in danger. That was an absolutely disgraceful performance by Werdum.

this is what i remembered as well

Terrible analysis. I like how you completely ignore the fact that Werdum was a coward who refused to engage and flopped to his back every time he was in danger. That was an absolutely disgraceful performance by Werdum.

Also left out that Werdum just went 3 rounds dominating Nelson, without gassing.

Well TS. Sorry for you to rewatch this fight. It was one of the worsts fights in MMA history

The sad thing about that fight was if Werdrum wasn't scared he may have been able to hurt and beat Overeem but he didn't even try.

Coward? Apparently practicing Jiu-Jitsu makes you a coward? MMA is about all facets of fighting, why isnt it thought that Reem is the coward for not wanting to grapple with Werdum?

Werdum outstruck Reem, landed more significant strikes, and managed to get a TD. I would bet Werdum beats Overeem the next time they fight.

Last edited:
[*]Fabricio becomes a punching bang due gassing from minute 2 of the second round.
[*]Neither of them have enough cardio for more than 2 rounds
[/LIST]

Werdum blew out his knee at the start of the second round and also outside that fight Werdum has always shown great cardio for a HW.

So, why Overeem was gassed?
Fabricio was a coward, but so was Overeem, both refused to fight in the strong area of the opponent.
Fabricio landed more strikes too, why was disgraceful for Fabricio and not for Overeem?

Coward? Apparently practicing Jiu-Jitsu makes you a coward? MMA is about all faucets of fighting, why isnt it thought that Reem is the coward for not wanting to grapple with Werdum?

Is this real life?

Coward? Apparently practicing Jiu-Jitsu makes you a coward? MMA is about all faucets of fighting, why isnt it thought that Reem is the coward for not wanting to grapple with Werdum?

He wasn't simply "practicing jiu jitsu". That buttflopping stuff was ridiculous

Werdum outstruck Reem, landed more significant strikes, and managed to get a TD. I would bet Werdum beats Overeem the next time they fight.

faucet_running_water_hg_clr.gif

The most exciting part in the whole fight was werdum calling out overeem to enter is his guard

So, why Overeem was gassed?
Fabricio was a coward, but so was Overeem, both refused to fight in the strong area of the opponent.
Fabricio landed more strikes too, why was disgraceful for Fabricio and not for Overeem?

Because in MMA you TAKE your opponent to your preferred position, you don't usually hopefully INVITE him to it.

cowardice? he was trying to bait overeem into the part of his game where he felt most comfortable and where he had the biggest chance to win. that's like saying someone is a coward for dodging their opponents' strikes to land their own, or someone is a coward if they're a wrestler and take their opponent down instead of striking with them.

All I'm saying is if Werdum wants to get the fight to the ground, how about you set up a takedown instead of all that excessive butt scoot bullshit.

Back