Just rewatched the Jones Gus fight

Kenji Tomiki

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I still have it Jones winning the fight, but I understund why people can give it to Gus.

That being said, this fight is the greatest fight in MMA history by far. It was as violent (probably more) as Henderson-Shogun I, and at the same time as technical as Fedor-Crocop (and I'm a big Fedor fan). I don't understund the people don't want to see a rematch.

I still have it Jones winning the fight, but I understund why people can give it to Gus.

-Racism towards Jones.
-People hate his personality.
-People hate the fact that he's so succesful.

-Racism towards Jones.

More like an opponent that actually did something to Jones, rather than stand back and get hit or fold like a cheap suitcase.

thank you TS for respecting the point of view that gus won, that is what i believe personally. and i also like that you make the main point of your post the fact that this was an epic fight instead of a generic: 'i just rewatched gus jones, i can't believe people think x when clearly y happened'

-Racism towards Jones.

i highly doubt the reasons are racist... number 2 is much more likely since he seems like a pompous douchebag in most of his interviews

that being said, i had jones winning... i had it 2-2 going into the 5th, and jones closed harder than gus

I had Gus winning when I watched it live but I think I fell for the same trap I fell for in Shogun/Machida 1. When you're not used to seeing a dude get hit any time he does get hit it seems to be more significant. Jones just scraped by in the Gus fight after watching it again but I can also see why the Gus fans think he won.

thank you TS for respecting the point of view that gus won, that is what i believe personally. and i also like that you make the main point of your post the fact that this was an epic fight instead of a generic: 'i just rewatched gus jones, i can't believe people think x when clearly y happened'

holyshit im gonna steal your sig

As a swede that fight was the best fight I've ever experienced.
I was yelling, sweating, cheering, standing up, sitting down, biting my finger nails and going insane. That fight took my love for this sport to another level.

-Racism towards Jones.

Cringe

You literally just told everyone you're retarded. Good going.

OnT: I agree with you in whole. Best fight ever for me. I had Gus slightly up by one round, but it was a very close and I'm fine with it going either way.

More like an opponent that actually did something to Jones, rather than stand back and get hit or fold like a cheap suitcase.

Yeah this is why so many people feel so strongly that Gus won because he actually made the fight competitive while everyone else let Jones control the fight completely.

As a swede that fight was the best fight I've ever experienced.
I was yelling, sweating, cheering, standing up, sitting down, biting my finger nails and going insane. That fight took my love for this sport to another level.

This!

Fights like that make me wish damage done was actually in the judging criteria. I thought Gus won across the boards, even if it was a very thin line to walk. Jones looked like himself in the fight, but the problem is...Jones looking like himself has destroyed literally everyone except Gus.

I absolutely want this rematch because I absolutely believe Gus laid he groundwork for a victory in the first fight. He left many questions unanswered and even brought a few new ones to the table concerning Jones. The answers to the aforementioned questions could make or break whatever game plan Jones comes in with.

Here's to a new champion and more importantly, to a champion that isn't his own biggest fan.

That fight was clearly close, so either guy could have won. But Jon was clearly more hurt at the end of that fight, of course damage isn't everything, but it just shows you that the fight was a pretty hard one for Jon.

He usually barely even gets a scratch on him, but after that fight I think he got shit beat out of him for all those previous fights he won with ease.

But it doesn't really matter in the end, because they will fight again and we will see if Gus is really Jon's hardest fight in LHW division.

Back