Just rewatched the Jones Gus fight

-Racism towards Jones.
-People hate his personality.
-People hate the fact that he's so succesful.

That is in fact racist that you think every white that doesn't like Jones is racist!

I still have it Jones winning the fight, but I understund why people can give it to Gus.

That being said, this fight is the greatest fight in MMA history by far. It was as violent (probably more) as Henderson-Shogun I, and at the same time as technical as Fedor-Crocop (and I'm a big Fedor fan). I don't understund the people don't want to see a rematch.

It wasn't more violent then Henderson-Shogun 1 Henderson-Shogun had more Knockdowns but I do think Jones - Gus was better because it was more technical

I still have it Jones winning the fight, but I understund why people can give it to Gus.

That being said, this fight is the greatest fight in MMA history by far. It was as violent (probably more) as Henderson-Shogun I, and at the same time as technical as Fedor-Crocop (and I'm a big Fedor fan). I don't understund the people don't want to see a rematch.

Who said they don't want to see a rematch?

As for the rest, you're boring people with your tired summary and clich

6733_11148_original.gif

This thread has been done multiple times... What makes you think we care what you think when other people think the same? They're fighting again so let's wait and see and then talk about the 2nd fight rather than dwell and discuss something that has been beaten to death already. Sorry for being a dick.

I'd like to see Randy Quaid against Jon for some reason..

-Racism towards Jones.

Yes. Yes, it's racism. It has NOTHING to do with his pompous attitude, or how acts like a child (for instance, his last YouTube video), but claims he's such a calm, Buddhist-like individual...

It's because he's black. Good call.

funny whenever someone brings up racism 5x people reply saying that isn't an issue. defensive much? as the subban case showed in the NHL, racism is still AN issue - pretending it isn''t there doesn't make it go away. deal with it.

Jones won all five rounds easy. 50-45ud. No need for debate. Move on people.

When they were about to announce the official decision, I had no idea who won, but was slightly leaning towards Gus.

funny whenever someone brings up racism 5x people reply saying that isn't an issue. defensive much? as the subban case showed in the NHL, racism is still AN issue - pretending it isn''t there doesn't make it go away. deal with it.

That's the only way it will go away. Talking about it only inflames it.

gus was doing good, but he fell short. he needed just a little more uumpf and shoulda felt some urgency to end the fight. that last round is really what screwedd gus .. he might've won if he coulda stalemated that last round but he was getting tagge dup

-Racism towards Jones.

Yeah there was racism, only the racism was from some the judges.

Gus won 3-2, got robbed due to racial bias/racism.

Last edited:
More like an opponent that actually did something to Jones, rather than stand back and get hit or fold like a cheap suitcase.

Exactly. Jones is so good that all you have to do is not get demolished and you'll win the fight in eyes of the fans. Remember when Machida landed that flurry on Jones? He won that round!!!!

a victim of racism of biased judges.
Gus lost the decision because he's white,that's the reason he should go for the finish this time or the racist judges will rob him again.

Gus ran too much, acted like he wanted nothing to with the ground no matter who was on top or bottom, did not attempt any submissions and did not throw any strikes that nearly finished the fight.

Since he threw so many strikes and cut and bruised Jon's face at some point he should have staggered the champ, but Jones threw the only staggering strikes which only stopped because of the bell at the end of the round.

Gus did great, he just needed to show more intent ANYWHERE the fight went, not just in the stand up. Very nice high quality fight from both guys. Rematch will be AWESOME!

Overeem was brought into the JAckson Wink camp for the Gus rematch not because he wanted to lol

Back