Just rewatched the fight and it could easily be a draw

I think Bisping won, but giving him to 10-8s, and scoring round three as a 9-9 is a little excessive. I agree with the decision, but it was very close.

it was a jokescorecard Just to point out the many different ways the system can be manipulated

Bisping won the first round. The idea that a fight can be scored a draw without a 10-8 round or a fighter losing a point somewhere is complete nonsense. Draw rounds really don't exist and for competitions sake they shouldn't

I think we all agree on Bisping rounds 2, 4 and Anderson 3, 5. The first round was kinda the decisive one on the judges decision. Well nothing really happened there, both fighters playing careful.

I feel the same way ts, I had a more complete answer in the sticky poll but I can Kenny Florian it here:

Ok I just saw the fight, I only knew that it was a controversial decision and I didn't know in witch favor or more info, I saw it fresh rested in the morning, all alone, full HD, no commentary and I scored the fight a draw.

I can't say either of them won it.. it will be a push to do so.

Round 1 had Bisping pushing the pace and taking the center but the harder and cleaner hits were from Silva I feel.. hard to give it to either of them.. I can't say it was a 10-9 for Bisping but I can see why others did it since they saw the center control.. me I gave it 10-10 draw.

Round 2 was Bisping clear it was a 10-9 for him.

Round 3 was Silva clear so a 10-9 in his favor now.

Round 4 it was closer then 2/3 but I'll give the edge to Bisping 10-9.

Round 5 it was the edge to Silva 10-9.

End result a draw.

Notes*
- Bisping had more ring center and pushing the pace time the "octagon control"
- Silva had the harder hits with way more damage and overall danger
- Silva let Bisping be the aggressor for more time then it was need it to (his strategy that includes inviting guys in / baiting them or trying to get then confused and rattle them with what others call "antics") he needed a sense of more urgency overall

So conclusion its hard to have a clear winner in this fight I can't just say by points its Bisping and then have a look at the fight overall and see the damage and danger Silva put him in.. and on the other side I can't say Silva won it cause he could have done more and not let Bisping advance and be the aggressor for so much time.. hence why I say draw in my opinion, there is no clear winner.. if you force me to pick one I would probably sway in Silva's favor but I feel the draw is better suited for this fight we need more overall draws when we don't have a clear victory.

On another point Silva will be 41 years old in a month I would say that Silva will not get gold again.. this is it guys he has what ? 1 max 2 years left in him that means 3-4.. if we are lucky max 5 fights left in him and I'm calling it now he will be destroyed by the top 3 and KO'ed in the fight with the champ be it Luke (or Chris yea I still hope) I'm calling it the end.. he should look for fun fights that sell and get some PPV income if he tries to climb up he will get KO'ed and he will be done even sooner then expected.

This was the perfect moment for Bisping to get him:
- the 1 year and 1 month lay off
- the age factor of 41
- the mental aspect of the peds scandal that was fully used by Bisping

With all that he didn't really get him.. he got a draw in my opinion and for a fighter bellow HW division age is a bigger factor, when we say fighters over 35 they begin to be at the end of the road.. 1 year after 35 means way more then before.. and years after 40 have again a way deeper impact.
Bisping maintains good with cardio he was always like that so he looks very good for a 37 years old all considering but even him slowed down.. Silva at 41 is way out of his prime.. his speed, power, chin, reflexes etc.. that's it guys.. Bisping dropped Silva, 4-5 years ago that would have never happened he would have got the KO win easy.

Silva looked like the better, more efficient and more precise fighter. But he threw away the fight leaning against the fence, doing nothing and letting Bisping be the aggressor and score points. He has only himself to blame.

For the record, I think the fight could also have been scored for Anderson or as a draw but in no way was it scored wrong. Bisping won the fight under the 10 point must system.

Tried to rewatch it last night, but got way too drowsy in the middle of Round 3. I think Anderson wasn't as passive as I originally thought in first few rounds.

Back