Just rewatched the fight and it could easily be a draw

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think we all agree on Bisping rounds 2, 4 and Anderson 3, 5. The first round was kinda the decisive one on the judges decision. Well nothing really happened there, both fighters playing careful.

I also think that the "dont leave it to the hands of the judges applies here". What really went down for Anderson :

- fight was in Bisping territory
- Bisping being the agressor
- terrible fight IQ there
- Bisping had too much time to recover

God this fight is frustrating for a Silva fan.

Last edited:
No it was a hometown decision just like the Breese and Pickett fights.

Anderson lost fair and square. All hail the Count.

1, 2, 4 Bisping. cant see it any other way tbh

Anderson LOST. Easily distinguishable decision. That knee was the closest to a finish but Silva FUCKED THAT UP.

round 1 Bisping 10-8 with knockdown
round 2 bisping hurts anderson again 10-8
round 3 Anderson lands the knee 10-8 but bisping won the rest of the round so 9-9 round even
round 4: Anderson 10-9
round5: Bisping out works him

final tally of my boxing style scorecard = 47 - 44 bisping

I honestly thought it was gonna be a draw when the fight ended.

I'm okay with Bisping getting the win tho.

No give the nod to someone who has fought clean.

round 3 Anderson lands the knee 10-8 but bisping won the rest of the round so 9-9 round even

We know Cecil Peoples has a sherdog account now guys !!

What drugs are you on because I want some

Bisping won the decision (on a round by round basis under the 10 point must system). Silva was by far the more effective striker but lacked the aggression to take the decision. If he had been more active it could have been a very different fight. It's also easy to forget that Bisping was handily winning the 3rd round until that knee. He definitely should have defended himself better but the break from the Thai Cling was a natural pause point so it makes sense that he expected it (despite the round being nearly over). If you put an asterisk next that strike, Bisping potentially won 4 rounds based off of number of strikes landed, aggression, and octagon control.

Side Note: Although I think Bisping won under the current rules, I think this only highlights issues with the system and will hopefully spur talks about an overall.

mma style (no 10-8 rounds ever)

1 bisping
2 bisping
3. even
4. anderson
5 bisping

49-47 bisping

I think we all agree on Bisping rounds 2, 4 and Anderson 3, 5. The first round was kinda the decisive one on the judges decision. Well nothing really happened there, both fighters playing careful.

For me, the most convincing round in the whole fight was possibly the first. I see nothing other than bisping winning the first round.

For me, the most convincing round in the whole fight was possibly the first. I see nothing other than bisping winning the first round.

bisping hurt him in round 2 as well i think.

You have to be literally watching only anderson

There wasn't a knockdown in the first. Anderson's ass never touched the mat.
10-9 Bisping
10-8 Bisping

Bisping lost the entire last minute of the third round and the knee got a knockdown. 10-8 Silva
10-10
10-9 Silva I don't know what you were watching if you actually thought Silva lost the fifth.

47 - 47 draw. In a perfect world that's the score.

There wasn't a knockdown in the first. Anderson's ass never touched the mat.
10-9 Bisping
10-8 Bisping

Bisping lost the entire last minute of the third round and the knee got a knockdown. 10-8 Silva
10-10
10-9 Silva I don't know what you were watching if you actually thought Silva lost the fifth.

47 - 47 draw. In a perfect world that's the score.

his hand hit the canvas lol. good card

I think Bisping won, but giving him two 10-8s, and scoring round three as a 9-9 is a little excessive. I agree with the decision, but it was very close. Even if this is a boxing-style scorecard, that makes Bisping's win seem way more decisive than it was.

Back