Just rewatched the Conor/Cerrone fight

Cowboy looked like he was out there to collect a pay check, don't think he had any interest in trying to win the fight.

Cerrone started poorly but the shoulder hit were brilliant and it's not like he had time to get better..

Does anyone have a different angle of that knee? Because to me it looked like only the thigh connected. Anyway, the only way that Cowboys performance makes any sense is if he was pretty much out on his feet after ducking into that "knee".

Prooceeds to post a gif where conor semi lands a knee immediately followed by conor getting ready to sprawl/get the under hooks....

Even if cerrone attempted to drive which he dint even have the chance...he most likely wasnt getting the takedown....

Have any of you actually ever trained a single day of your life? Jesus christ

Yeah buddy, it would be totally impossible for Cerrone to takedown an overextended Conor, already draped over his driving shoulder, mid air with no feet on the ground.

Not only did he NOT even attempt the takedown, but he all of a sudden forgot how to clinch, uses one of the WEAKEST overunders, and did NOTHING with his left underhook...

LOL some of you take a couple McDojo classes, and all of a sudden believe you can reinvent the wheel... come at me correct next time white belts.

<36>

Yip, you could have scripted it. 1 decent shot and Donald turtles up early like he’s done repeatedly. Sad but true

Can’t believe this fight was a main event of the supposed mma “major league”

bellator prelims are better than this

It wasn't a fix, Cerrone just came for the paycheck. Imo he should just retire. Conor won and it was pretty damn easy to predict.

It's pretty sad when people are now accusing cerrone, of all ppl, a diver.

Is anyone surprised ?
Seriously Cerrone was set up to be a sacrificial lamb, and he made sure to not try too much.. which ended with the most probably outcome, a 1st round quick stoppage that will give some consequent steam to the Conor hypetrain.
So predictible...

(A bit of blood doesn't prove shit btw, ask WWE.)

It wasn't a fix, Cerrone just came for the paycheck. Imo he should just retire. Conor won and it was pretty damn easy to predict.

Wasn't a fix but I'm pretty sure uncle Dana said to Donald to not try too hard in the backstage...
Guy was kissing his family and checking Conor like it's red panties night before the fight even started...
Sorry but that fight had a real weird feeling... and was a rip off too, because it wasn't even long enough so we know in what condition/fight shape Conor is...

Last edited:
>Doesn’t shoot double on a telegraphing overextended Conor

>Forgot how to properly clinch

Yu0WLeN.gif
He got hit with the knee tbh so maybe that stopped him from reaching Conor's hips properly.

The haters have already begun. Looks like we'll be seeing this more often.

Yeah buddy, it would be totally impossible for Cerrone to takedown an overextended Conor, already draped over his driving shoulder, mid air with no feet on the ground.

Not only did he NOT even attempt the takedown, but he all of a sudden forgot how to clinch, uses one of the WEAKEST overunders, and did NOTHING with his left underhook...

LOL some of you take a couple McDojo classes, and all of a sudden believe you can reinvent the wheel... come at me correct next time white belts.

<36>
I been training since i was 8 years old get your head out of your ass buddy

conor was already in the position to sprawl and get control in the clinch you have no fucking idea what you are saying please shut up lol

I see your sig says att

did you see saul almeida down there all fight camp helping masvidal?

Pathetic showing by Cerrone

That is all.
Okay he got caught by an initial blitz that hurt him bad and made the finish a foregone conclusion. Shit happened so fast that there wasn't time for him to have a pathetic showing. It happens. Conor executed well, and is a level above Cowboy. There's a difference between a guy winning because he performed extremely well, and a guy losing because he performed so poorly. This fight was definitely the former. I wanted Cowboy to win too. Quit being so salty.

>Doesn’t shoot double on a telegraphing overextended Conor

>Forgot how to properly clinch

Yu0WLeN.gif
Wow. That was a golden opportunity. Good eye on seeing the shot coming. But Cerrone is no GSP that’s for sure...

Wasn't a fix but I'm pretty sure uncle Dana said to Donald to not try to hard in the backstage...
Guy was kissing his family and checking Conor like it's red panties night before the fight even started...
Sorry but that fight had a real weird feeling... and was a rip off too, because it wasn't even long enough so we know in what condition/fight shape Conor is...

Yup, wasn't a fix but it looked just like Chael's fights against Jones, Evans and Fedor. They came out without any intention to win.

Yip, you could have scripted it. 1 decent shot and Donald turtles up early like he’s done repeatedly. Sad but true
Yup. Straight out of the Bob Sapp playbook.

Yeah this whole thing was just not right. Oh well, it is done now. The worst part is that we still don’t know if Conor can hang with the elite at LW. This fight was meaningless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back