Just rewatched Forrest Griffin vs Shogun Rua 1 - Time to set the record straight

forrest in his peak. shogun and the UFC jinx. and let's all get over this

Forrest seemed to give up on MMA long before the Shogun rematch fight. I can and do admit that.

has nothing to do with you same Anderson fans desperate to paint Shogun as near prime or in great shape when he lost to Forrest because you have this obsessive agenda need to build up Forrest, who you could give a shit about, but see it as a way to pump up Anderson.

Sad.

Why do u keep mentioning Anderson in a Shogun and Forrest thread?

Hey props to the people giving Forrest some credit in here. He is one of the more trashed on fighters around here.

I personally believe Rua is the better fighter for sure. But Forrest's win was legit and cannot be discounted. Its one of the greatest upsets ever, and my personal favorite moment in Forrest's career.

I give Forrest full props for the win. Fighters don' get passes for being injured and Shogun of the UFC is perpetually injured. his knees will never be the same. he is a changed fighter and you fight the fighter he is today not the fighter of yesteryear.

Also I give Shogun full props for his win over Forrest despite the fact that Forrest seemed to lose his love of wars in MMA some fights prior and had a huge distraction with his baby being born. Does not matter. Again SHogun was fighting the fighter Forrest had become and he beat that fighter.

It is the TS' attempt to link the Shogun, Forrest beat to the one who competed in Pride that is disengenious and agenda driven and wrong. Just as it would be wrong to say Shogun beat the Forrest that went to war so many times prior.

It's not logic it's just bitching...I don't play the victim I just post facts to support my argument.

Please post an example of what you call a fact. Seriously, I'd like to see it. Here are some examples just in case:

The sky blue
1+1=2

forrest didnt train hard and was mentally no there for rematch and was more excited about birth of his first child

fact: they are 1-1 against each other, 1 choke out, 1 tko

fact: shogun 5-5 in ufc, forrest 10-5

Shogun will always be known as a greater fighter with a much greater legacy. When Shogun was hitting Forrest until Forrest started screaming at the ref to stop it, that was more then good enough for me.

Where do i bring up GSP?

Also stop lying to yourself if you think the OP and TS as a poster has any agenda other then building up Anderson comp while tearing down the comp or Fedor and others.

pretending that is not the case does not change anything.

if anything you can say to me 'lets pretend since it christmas that it is not the case this time' and maybe I will be charitable and play along. But don't ask me to lie to myself because you guys do.

You need to relax. You will constantly find some crazy 6 degrees of separation to try and bring Silva into things. I've had convos with you that have nothing to do with Silva and suddenly you bring him up. It's like you have a serious mental problem and he haunts your every thought. lol You need a padded room.

Shogun made griffin look like he had never fought once in his life in the rematch

None because they couldn't. He was actually in shape to compete and didn't have ACL injuries going into those fights.

They couldnt because no one had Forrest's skillset and intangibles.

Shogun looked fine in round one. He was pressing forward with his face like he normally does.

I know that shit is weak as fuck. It's all to make Anderson look better which is a major gripe with me too. It's not even about Forrest, they just want to use Forrest to make Silva look better.

Ask the TS about anyone fedor fought and he can tell you why they were all over rated when Fedor fought them. Then he can ramble off why everyone Anderson fought was near elite.

Sad thing is he thinks himself so crafty (i will create a thread building up Forrest so no one will know I am really building up an anderson opponent:redface:) that he thinks no one sees right through him.

Shogun will always be known as a greater fighter with a much greater legacy. When Shogun was hitting Forrest until Forrest started screaming at the ref to stop it, that was more then good enough for me.

Forrest is a greater fighter. When Forrest introduced him to the ufc by choking his ass out that was enough for me.

They couldnt because no one had Forrest's skillset and intangibles.

Shogun looked fine in round one. He was pressing forward with his face like he normally does.

They did its just that Shogun was in shape for those fights.

Not trying to discredit Forrest, just putting it into perspective.

Forrest is a greater fighter. When Forrest introduced him to the ufc by choking his ass out that was enough for me.

Shogun will always be considered to be greater, just learn to deal with it.

They did its just that Shogun was in shape for those fights.

Not trying to discredit Forrest, just putting it into perspective.

Isn't being in shape part of being a good fighter?

thanks for the thread. it seems difficult for shogun fans to admit that he is extremely inconsistent. the same as Forrest. both can b top 10 but Forrest has given up. plain n simply put FORREST WPIPPED THE HELL OUT OF HIM IN A FAIR FIGHT IN WHICH FORREST WAS A HUGE UNDERDOG. IT WAS A PERFECT PERFORMANCE BY FORREST AND A TYPICAL PERFORMANCE BY SHOGUN.

This post is awesome such a good point. I'm borrowing this if you don't mind

feel free. Just make sure to clean it up since it's loaded with spelling and grammatical errors lol

Where do i bring up GSP?

Also stop lying to yourself if you think the OP and TS as a poster has any agenda other then building up Anderson comp while tearing down the comp or Fedor and others.

pretending that is not the case does not change anything.

if anything you can say to me 'lets pretend since it christmas that it is not the case this time' and maybe I will be charitable and play along. But don't ask me to lie to myself because you guys do.

to be fair you never mentioned GSP but at the same time original poster never mentioned anderson. I guess I just made an ass out of myself in the same manner that you did to yourself.

Why did you pick Silva and not anyone else Forrest has fought? Would it not have the same implications with everyone on his record?

I don't understand why every time Shogun doesn't have the best performance of his life, it doesn't count. He's had more "bad" performances than good ones in his UFC career so why is that not the more accurate representation of him as a fighter? Shogun is married and you have no chance with him anyway so you can stop acting like his girlfriend. It was a long, hard fight and Forrest had better cardio/heart.

Click on TS's post history and those of the gang sitting in the gallery applauding his every word like FlyThai and you will get your answer.

most of what TS writes is around trying to paint the opponents of Fedor and GSP and anyone ever compared to Anderson as pure crap while he tries to paint Anderson's competition as top notch.

Give him a day and he will explain how Bonnar was a great and top win for Anderson and why Crocop was greatly over rated for Fedor.

Why do u keep mentioning Anderson in a Shogun and Forrest thread?

Ahhh, you are new to the forums then. go read some posts by the TS and your question will answer itself.

Back