just lost my fight by ko

congrats on fighting... train as hard as you want but two weeks with no sparring is safe (a month is much safer), after that, light sparrting if you have a partner who knows what that means and you should be good to go... long as there are no follow up headaches or any other symptoms...

good luck

King Kabuki said:
Lying to onesself is never beneficial. Acceptance of defeat and learning is overall the smarter way to go. Denial is pathetic.
I agree was going to make a comment about this as well. Good job though getting in the ring and giving it your all. Just keep training and doing what you love!

i haven't felt much headache if any at all. just a little sore on the spot that was kicked. nah he threw the high roundhouse kick right and the same time my jab came out and his hit on the spot

whatever happens don't lose your will to take chances.

follow headaches mean your brain is bleeding and increasing pressure inside the cranial cavity

wow. that doesnt sound too jolly. i didn't have any headaches but if you do get what you mentioned above, what can u do about it? i know, go see a doctor but what do they usually do to stuff like that?

You have the right attitude. You are a true warrior.

Its not a concussion so I would think it won't take so long to be better.

i would wait a couple weeks even if i felt perfectly fine. i would also train lighter than normal for that time. probably not a bad idea to do nothing other than walk around and stretch for a few days

You know, you got in the ring, you were in there fighting and entertaining people; Good for you! Yea, you lost the fight, but how much stronger are you now? How much have you learned? Probebly a lot more than a win would have given you, I'd wager.

When being completely KO:ed it's recommended to take it easy with sparring for a month. In most events you're not even allowed to compete if you've been KO:ed a month prior to the event you want to participate in. It's a safety measure.

ASiAnVaLEtUDo said:
it just irks me that i was winning so decisively then it just all went away cuz i was cocky and careless and it just took one shot.

If you can acknowledge your mistakes, learn from them, and not repeat them, then you've still gained something from the fight. Even the greats have lost some here and there.

And you can console yourself with the knowledge that deep down, that guy who KO'ed you was probably breathing one mother of a sigh of relief over his good fortune that he was able to connect a shot that ended what was turning into a public ass-whuppin' for him. I'd wager the crowd saw it that way too, if you really were carrying the fight up to that point.

You got in the ring, gave a good fight, and didn't quit until your lights were put out. At least you likely won a healthy measure of respect, if nothing else.

And if you're having lingering pain that's worrying you, for crying out loud, see a doctor. Get assessed by a pro so you can have any problems taken care of and get back to training as soon as you're ready.

remember every1 is different,
you don't want to have some major brain problems, or artery problems,
so just take it easy, and ease back into training. learn to monitor your own physiology bro.

ASiAnVaLEtUDo said:
i just had my kickboxing fight. in the first round, i came out aggressive and did great. i got lots of solid shots in. second round cae and i was so overconfident that 20 seconds in, i got head kicked through my jab and the kick hit straight to my neck. i dropped but got back up twice during the ten count but i was done. i remember getting kicked but i dont remember anything after that until i walked out of the ring then things cme back to me. i got kicked directly on the neck and now i feel fine. very small headache, if any at all. this is the first time i got knocked out in this manner. how long should i wait until i start sparring again?
In England you're not supposed to fight for another 28 days. You got taken out Cro-cop style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back