Just Lean Meat & Vegetables - Good? (Not for Me)

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87037

My sister's boyfriend is going on some (what sounds to me retarded) weight-loss diet for 2 weeks of just lean meat and vegetables/fruits. That's it. Nothing else. He plans to do cardio and weights every day. He says he got this from Men's Health magazine. Is this BS? I would think he'd have to eat veggies/fruit excessively if that's his only carb as he'll be working out "intensely" for 2 weeks.

?

I was eating somewhat similar to that. Except I had a bit more carbs for PWO. I would just eat some meats with spinach salad along with fruits.

yea, who could possibly be healthy by only eating whole foods exclusively???? you gotta eat grains and stuff out of boxes to eat right!! right guys????

guys????

ive eaten paleo style for over 2 years, and its the best thing ive ever done for my health.

i was gonna say that i thought it sounded great as long as he's balancing them out properly

yea, who could possibly be healthy by only eating whole foods exclusively???? you gotta eat grains and stuff out of boxes to eat right!! right guys????

guys????

ive eaten paleo style for over 2 years, and its the best thing ive ever done for my health.

Haha.. I mean there are professional athletes who follow those diets. Arlovski says he doesn't touch carbs at all durning his training camp and thats a 6'3" 240lb guy who is training 4-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week.

Tell him to get ready for boredom. I have been on a lean meat/fish/poultry/fruit/veggies (nothing processed) diet and it is boring as hell.

I get full but never satisfied. I've only been on it for a week too!

I'd say thats probably the best way to eat for the majority of people, and especially fat people. Too bad its so damn hard.

He needs to add some healthy fats, but yeah, other that he's on the right track.

lol ok thanks guys. i'd go crazy eating like that - wayyy too boring!

This is true. It is pretty hard to stick to. I did it for a few weeks and I was quickly getting bored of it.

it worries me someobody thought my first response was serious.

High Fiber diet and protien and multigrain. I have done a complete change in my diet I started off at 262 and I am now 235 and it seems to work for me

Haha.. I mean there are professional athletes who follow those diets. Arlovski says he doesn't touch carbs at all durning his training camp and thats a 6'3" 240lb guy who is training 4-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week.

I'm inclined to not believe that.

That sounds like a quick hit diet just for losing weight. I'd turn into a serial killer if I wasn't getting any fat.

this is how i eat as well most of the time, especially if i'm trying to cut some body fat. i do usually have a cheat day a week where i have something "bad" but i usually don't go overboard.

I really enjoy my 8oz. lean ground beef + 2 cups broccoli + 2 Tbs olive oil as my staple meal, but it does get old.

I guess it's the wings and beer that help keep me sane.

His breakfast on All Access was steak and eggs.

dope album in your AV!

about the diet... I did it for 1 week with vigorous exercise and I lost 3 #s. It made my stomach feel wierd and my shit stink like. well.... SHIT! I did get the gains I wanted from 7 days on that type of diet. Other than meat and stirfry veggies I kept eating a spinach salad with olives, onions, pepercinnis, bell pepper, broccolli, carrots and snow peas with a 1g carb salad dressing, Damn that shit was delicious!

dope album in your AV!

about the diet... I did it for 1 week with vigorous exercise and I lost 3 #s. It made my stomach feel wierd and my shit stink like. well.... SHIT! I did get the gains I wanted from 7 days on that type of diet. Other than meat and stirfry veggies I kept eating a spinach salad with olives, onions, pepercinnis, bell pepper, broccolli, carrots and snow peas with a 1g carb salad dressing, Damn that shit was delicious!

It was between that, Mood Muzik 3, or The Cool. :icon_chee

Personally, I thrive on a low carb diet (I am also overweight, however). I've never felt as good as I do when I am eating a high protein/moderate fat/low carb diet.

Back