Just how good is Tyron Woodley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his prime, great against strikers, but crappy against people who pressure him and aren't scared of his threat of takedown.

Had a great overhand right and great power for the division.

Why is everything Holm does extremely cringy? Like ... aaaarrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................ I don't get it why people seek so hard for attention.........

By your logic, Luque is about to be the champ.

Fucking awesome. Woodley gets a lot of hate around here, but he is a great guy, and was the best WW for a couple of years. Time and other stuff caught up to him, but people should stop shitting on people for losing out of their primes, especially at the age Woodley was for a WW.

He's a very explosive and agile wrestler with KO power, with good cardio as well. He just became too calculated and timid imo once he got the belt and tends to find the fight finishing blow rather than putting volume and outworking his opponent during his defenses. But he's an active champ and had a good reign. I'm just glad they kept him in the UFC as an analyst coz he's really great on the mic.

He managed his weaknesses with god tier fight IQ
In his prime he had the explosiveness to close that gap and detonate a nuke on your chin before you could even blink.
woodley-fight-finishing-power.gif

I just want to let people know that the more you piss on Woodley is the more you piss on Condit, Lawler, Wonderboy,, and Till.

And like TS said he did goes the distance with the current top of the division.

Put some respect on his name.

He managed his weaknesses with god tier fight IQ
In his prime he had the explosiveness to close that gap and detonate a nuke on your chin before you could even blink.
woodley-fight-finishing-power.gif
That Wonderboy that beat the shit out of today's Wonderboy.

I'd like to see him go to parillos gym, parillo is very good at getting fighters out of their own way, a nack for getting his fighters in great mental shape as well as physical.

Is or was ?
Currently he's not good but he's top 5-6 ww of all time perhaps

Pretty damn good. His obvious weak was his low output later in his career.

Seriously tho, the fuck was Lawlers gameplan?
He was parrying the jab and Tyron pressured him to the cage, he circled right into the shot because Tyron backed him up to the cage.

Tyron mentioned that when he watched Lawler he noticed his cardio wasn't amazing but Lawler liked to take breaks where he wouldn't do much of anything. He also mentioned that these breaks were consistent in most of his fights.

Not sure if this is one of those examples or he was worried about Tyron just countering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back