Just how bad WAS the Condit/Lawler decision?

I've watched the bout about ten times and just can't see it for Lawler.

1,3,4 Condit.

Carlos would've won a Taekwondo match but Robbie clearly won that fight

Pitter Patter touchbutt shadow boxing does not win a fight.

Listen

I thought it was fine. Closely contested matches will always go to the champ.

Atrocious. Anybody that defends it either doesn't understand what they're watching, they love Robbie or they hate Condit.

The guy was literally outstruck by 2-1 in every round except the 5th and was outstruck by 8-1 in the 4th.

One of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Condit touches the legs and builds a huge disparity in the strike totals and people act like that tells the whole story in his fights.

I thought Condit won round 1, 2, 3 and 4. Although Lawler knocked him down in round 2, and landed more power shots. Condit controlled the octagon and outstruck him a lot in each round.

I was amazed that they gave it to Robbie, but no one can be mad about that guy retaining. He's a proper fighter and deserved champion.

It wasn't a bad decision. It was a very close fight.

At the time I didn't see the controversy cause it was only the 3rd round that was hard to judge but after multiple viewings I can see how Carlos was screwed. Doesn't matter now though, both will see each other again if they keep on winning.

Yes, of which he landed 80 more of than Lawler. 90% of those being to the head.

Try looking at the stats before you attempt to write them off.

I judge the fight by watching the fight, not by just looking at stats which have a tendency to not tell the whole story. Best way to judge a fight is by watching the actual fight.

Close fight, good decision

Deciding winners on statistics alone is a terrible way to judge a fight

I judge the fight by watching the fight, not by just looking at stats which have a tendency to not tell the whole story. Best way to judge a fight is by watching the actual fight.

Yeah so do tell, what 3 rounds did you give Lawler and why?

Some people who've already watched the fight brought up stats to illustrate what they saw. That way those who weren't paying attention can see what they missed.

Lol at stat whores, what the TS and other people saying Condit won are leaving out is that many of these strikes were pitter patter shots there to score points and from my point of view only seem to hurt Robbie once in 25 mins.

Condit was running for his life at the end of round 5 on jello legs trying not to get put out. Stats do not and never will tell the whole story in an MMA fight.

Back