Just hewatched Lineker/Mayday

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
damn Lineker literally walked right through him. Dude went straight terminator. I forgot how short this fight was. Mayday just KOd Dantas easily too. Shows u how gureat TJ is with how badly he murked Lineker

Lineker vs Garbrandt is a match I have wanted for a long time. I think Lineker would also walk right through him.

TJ is in purime form right now, his performance against Lineker was gureat and it was a pretty underrated win since not a lot of people talk about it.

That fight is a big reason people feel like Lineker is a bad match-up for Garbrandt. Not that Cody isn’t a better fighter than Mayday, just that stylistically the fight could play out very similar.

Lineker is as underrated as the fights he's been in and lost. He'll never be champion, but damn do I love to watch his bouts.

That fight is a big reason people feel like Lineker is a bad match-up for Garbrandt.

His fight IQ and chin issues against TJ are why people think this fight is a bad matchup for him, lol.

I know its cliche but styles make fights. TJ was able to use his footwork and wrestling to keep lineker from planting his feet and throwing combos. That being said TJ is a beast and probably the smartest fighter in the UFC. Also I will still watch Mayday every time he fights, a fun dude to watch

I know its cliche but styles make fights. TJ was able to use his footwork and wrestling to keep lineker from planting his feet and throwing combos. That being said TJ is a beast and probably the smartest fighter in the UFC. Also I will still watch Mayday every time he fights, a fun dude to watch

Mayday might never fight again. Injuries and his indifference squandered his prime. That's a damn shame.

Yeah I'm all in for Lineker-Garbrandt. Make it happen Bald.

Never. His planning is great, but TJ is a dolt. TJ is the perfect cyborg; he'll do whatever you say. If he doesn't have a sharp coach, he gets fucked. Bang got OCD'd in the Dom fight and didn't adjust early enough. Neither did TJ. TJ did fuck all till Bang told him to change it up.

TJ isn't smart. Dom Cruz is smart. TJ is a good coaches wet dream. TJ is a manlet golem. And Dodson still beats his chinny ass.

Never. His planning is great, but TJ is a dolt. TJ is the perfect cyborg; he'll do whatever you say. If he doesn't have a sharp coach, he gets fucked. Bang got OCD'd in the Dom fight and didn't adjust early enough. Neither did TJ. TJ did fuck all till Bang told him to change it up.

TJ isn't smart. Dom Cruz is smart. TJ is a good coaches wet dream. TJ is a manlet golem. And Dodson still beats his chinny ass.

While i see what you're getting at, Dodson has no chance right now, imo.

Lineker is as underrated as the fights he's been in and lost. He'll never be champion, but damn do I love to watch his bouts.

Lineker is an elite-level gatekeeper.

I really want to see him against Garbrandt.

If Garbrandt's fight IQ is low as the fights against Dillashaw indicate, then he'd get baited into a brawl with Lineker and obliterated.

Dude, Dodson is on the downside of his career. He'd get embarrassed by TJ at this point. It wouldn't even be competitive.

Since the Dom fight wich was super close ( you say Dom gave him them fits like it was a domination) TJ has gone to the next level. His fights against Assuncao and Lineker proved his IQ has increased. Bang might be the master but its TJ in the cage. Cody gave Dom fits more than Dom v TJ does that mean Cody has a better fight IQ than Dom.

^This 100%
I've always felt the same way, TJ is a great fighter but he's one of those guys that needs to be told what to do. Mad props to him improving his skills.
But I feel like if he gets put in a frustrating position he wouldn't be able to adjust on the fly.
And yes I agree too, I think a quicker striker could take him out ala Dodson or even Moraes.

<{cruzshake}>

Mayday was a real contender back then too. Too bad they let him go, really enjoyed his fights. I'm convinced he threw this fight though,

Back