Just had a brilliant idea

Does HDMI signal degrade the longer the cable is similar to how voltage decreases with longer cable?

MacGyver probably pulled this shit back in the 80's just with Betamax or something

??? id still have to get up and change discs with a wireless keyboard

unless your talking about ripping them all to HD?

Yeah, that way you can keep your physical blu-ray disks clean and in great condition. Depending on how big you media library is you'll still probably want to start off with at least 2TB of storage space. All my media which includes movies, cartoons, tv shows/series, documentaries, and others all stored at the highest possible quality as in 1080p or 4k is sitting at just under 4TB all up. If they re-release more of these in 4k then that number is going to go up, not only because 4k takes up more space but because I like to have all the versions of something so I'd still keep a 1080p version and just put the 4k version next to it

Yeah, that way you can keep your physical blu-ray disks clean and in great condition. Depending on how big you media library is you'll still probably want to start off with at least 2TB of storage space. All my media which includes movies, cartoons, tv shows/series, documentaries, and others all stored at the highest possible quality as in 1080p or 4k is sitting at just under 4TB all up. If they re-release more of these in 4k then that number is going to go up, not only because 4k takes up more space but because I like to have all the versions of something so I'd still keep a 1080p version and just put the 4k version next to it

Blu rays dont really scratch up like dvds as they have an extra layer of protection, i see what your saying though

I ripped one blu ray just as a raw mkv it didnt take long, but then using handbrake to make it a smaller file took ages and i said fuck this i aint doing it for my whole library

It would be nice to have that though

Good in theory not in practice. Blue ray/DVD players are louder than you think. You don't notice because its away and over shadowed by your tv speakers.

56934.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-31_19-32-27.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-31_19-32-27.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1
Back