Just had a brilliant idea

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im gonna move my blu ray shelf next to my bed and put my blu ray player on top of it and run a long hdmi to the tv. Now i wont have to get out of bed to change movies anymore.

Have you heard of Netflix?

source.gif

Without reading, you absolutely did not, and never in your life will you ever be able to truthfully say those words

Im gonna move my blu ray shelf next to my bed and put my blu ray player on top of it and run a long hdmi to the tv. Now i wont have to get out of bed to change movies anymore.

You sound fat and poor.

A very convenient set-up to consider for sure. And if it works for you then go for it.
But, personally, it would drive me nuts having the components separated like that. And I like to have my Blu-ray shelves right by the television displayed just so. It's an OCD thing with me.
How many Blu-rays do you have in your collection now?
Between my regular Blu-rays & my 4K discs, I've got about 150 - 175 now.

Brilliant idea. Why not move the tv closer to your head, giving the impression of an even larger TV.

Or setup a cheap media pc and get a wireless keyboard that has a touch pad on it. I built mine with the older parts I had laying around. Has a Q9400 + 8GB DDR2 ram with a RX 550 in it

The HDMI extension cable is also a good easy hassle free idea as well

Last edited:
Train a bird to see you as his young so it will chew all your food and spit it into your mouth, you'll only have to swallow it that way.

Or setup a cheap media pc and get a wireless keyboard that has a touch pad on it. I built mine with the older parts I had laying around. Has a Q9400 + 8GB DDR2 ram with a RX 550 in it

The HDMI extension cable is also a good easy hassle free idea as well

??? id still have to get up and change discs with a wireless keyboard

unless your talking about ripping them all to HD?

Have fun tripping over that hdmi cable in the middle of the night.

A very convenient set-up to consider for sure. And if it works for you then go for it.
But, personally, it would drive me nuts having the components separated like that. And I like to have my Blu-ray shelves right by the television displayed just so. It's an OCD thing with me.
How many Blu-rays do you have in your collection now?
Between my regular Blu-rays & my 4K discs, I've got about 150 - 175 now.

Too many dude. I need to slow down or stop for awhile. I probably spend more per month on discs than it costs to have full cable+hbo etc. I want to have every genre and great director well represented. I've got a bunch more on the way to round out my classic film noir and westerns. I think I'm going to stop for awhile after this next batch arrives.

I would consider a wireless hdmi option, but that's just to not have to see the cable unless you can run it under the carpet. (I have hardwoods)
Also what does your wife think about this?
And dont stop there put a fridege/microwave next to your bed whell your at it

i understand your predicament and i support the imaginative solution you have applied to improve your life

Back