Just give Jose the 155 title shot vs. Conor

At first I thought everyone wanted to see a rematch now, this fight is impossible to make and everyone on here doesn't want to see it.

He gets money anyway lmfao! He'll only fight Aldo again if there is something to gain there that he won't get elsewhere.
ok maybe he can sit his ass on the bench for a while and cry, retire, unretire, you know diva shit.

you guys don't like this idea? i think this is a unique opportunity to make this fight right now.

max has the interm fw belt. kabib can fight for the interim lw belt sure. who cares ufc is a joke anyway. just make the fight

I know Max has the interim belt, but he is injured and out 3-4 months...that is why I said interim interim FW belt.

And yes I agree, just make the fight(s).

UFC 179 Aldo vs Mendes II 180,000

30k more buys isnt anything to bring up
gooooooood
hqdefault.jpg
i hope they shelf conor for an extra year while he cries in his Maserati.

I don't know why it bothers me when the UFC pulls crap like this, but it never bothered me when Pride did. Was I a Pride fanboy?

conor sells 1 mill ppv anyway. what are you guys talking about?
This. Conor sells the fight. He could rematch Siver and prob still do a million PPV. A year after 194, the story between Aldo and Conor is easily sellable. Long time champ Ko'd by big mouth young gun, wants to avenge his lone loss in 10 years? It's a comeback and redemption story. It's fucking Rocky 3. Easily over a million, maybe 1.5 with a stacked card.

Outside of Hardcores and deep rooted fans....who cares about Jose Aldo exactly? He doesn't speak English or anything. Let's assume that he would beat Conor for the sake of speculation, why would the UFC even make that fight?

Aldo has the most fans of the lower weight classes outside of Conor. A lot of people would care and it would sell PPV.

Aldo's first fight at 155 against the natural lightweight that KO'd him? No thanks.

I see this all the time that aldo is not a needle mover. He's a big star in Brazil which is a key market for UFC. They don't buy PPV but UFC still makes a large amount of money from their deal with Globo TV who broadcasts the fights, and having fighters like Aldo keeps that deal in place. Behind closed doors, remaining Brazilian stars like Aldo, Anderson and Vitor have more leverage than you'd think.

gooooooood
hqdefault.jpg
i hope they shelf conor for an extra year while he cries in his Maserati.

By then his rental will be up and he will have a new one, whatever Floyd's latest one is.
Btw, is Floyd allowed to drive if he can't read the signs?

Outside of Hardcores and deep rooted fans....who cares about Jose Aldo exactly? He doesn't speak English or anything. Let's assume that he would beat Conor for the sake of speculation, why would the UFC even make that fight?

The UFC sells distribution rights to Globo, which Aldo helps drive the market for in Brazil.

PPV is not the whole story.

Back