• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just for Kicks: Conor vs. Cowboy

Conor vs. Cowboy at 155 lbs

• Total voters
he has been fighting smarter lately i like how he is throwing in more takedowns like he did to story and cote it makes him less predictable
he's done that for years on and off; but he doesn't always do it even when it's obvious he should. His wrestling is very good (for a striker) but he uses it sporadically, you never know if he'll use it in a fight.

Cerone would get outclassed. Didn't Nate box the shit out of him?

Conor barely squeaked by a fringe top 10 LW. Cerrone just absolutely mauled a fringe top 10 WW.

Cerrone would absolutely destroy Conor. Cerrone forget Cerrone has never been stopped by strikes to the head. And Conor has never finished anyone with body strikes. Cerrone would murder him with brutal kicks and takedowns.

Cowboy has too many tools to win with all of them sharp and deadly. Conor has 1.

Conor via jab to body KO
Conor has nowhere near the power rda Has in his kicks in his hands. Rda landed flush to the liver. Bad rutten used to drop dudes in one kick too. No shame in it.

Cowboy is stuck in the mud and stiff as a board. Conor rearranges his face.

Why oh why didnt you win part 2 nate? You almost did, came really close. Then these Conor threads would be gone and everything would be alright in sherdopolis.

It's a tough one to call, but I'd probably lean towards Cerrone, on paper.

But, I think there's some mindfuckery Conor could employ to get him going in there emotional. His takedowns look very good as of late and someone said a few posts up 'he's always had that, but just used it on and off' I'm not so sure about that - when he fought Pettis, his kicks would have being ideal to catch and take Pettis down - not to say his wrestling/ take down wasn't there, but Guida showed in his fight with Pettis that he's not too hard to take down and if Cerrone's wrestling was at the level it is now, you'd have thought he would have shooted in for a take down or try to catch one of his kicks and then take him down.

I still feel Cerrone trys to be pally or have no animosity with whoever he's fighting as it makes things easier for him - I get the sense that the pressure is still something that can build up and make him freeze like he did against dos Anjos.

He's always talked about not caring about the belt - even though he called out Alvarez, as he has a win over him. And on the embedded I thought it was odd that him and Diaz fist bumped each other and Cerrone talked about how they 'squashed their beef' or to be more precise; Cerrone was tired of Diaz mean mugging him every time they crossed paths.

Which is funny as on the Rogan podcast he talked about fighting them both in the street and the usual shite. But in fairness, by that time he'd had a few drinks and showed he's not the brightest spark with his ':eek::eek::eek:' comments and calling Rousey ugly for some strange reason.

Last edited:
How the fuck can people pick Cowboy? Nate destroyed him standing. And Conor destroyed Nate standing. I know MMA math don't always work. But in this it does. Cowboy wouldn't even touch Conor before getting put to sleep. His boxing is almost non existent compared to Conor.

How the fuck can people pick Cowboy? Nate destroyed him standing. And Conor destroyed Nate standing. I know MMA math don't always work. But in this it does. Cowboy wouldn't even touch Conor before getting put to sleep. His boxing is almost non existent compared to Conor.
Why are you guys always looking back at the Nate fight when someone talks about Conor vs Cerrone? The fight with Diaz is almost 5 years ago, Cerrone is 14-3 since then (Nate is 4-4 since that fight in case you were wondering). You're still talking like Cowboy is the same fighter as he was 5 years ago.

Oh and to get on some of the fanboys nerves over here: Cerrone is a better kicker then Conor and it's not even close.

lol.. If Conor tags Cerrone with even just ONE of the shots that knocked Nate down, its nite-nite for Cerrone. Cerrone does not have the chin of Diaz.

Easy fight for McG, you saw what happened vs Dos Anjos, Conor has better hands than Dos Anjos and would push the pace vs the slow start of Cerrone. Easy win

Cowboy would get finished, he beats the best of the rest but loses to the best of the best.

Why are you guys always looking back at the Nate fight when someone talks about Conor vs Cerrone? The fight with Diaz is almost 5 years ago, Cerrone is 14-3 since then (Nate is 4-4 since that fight in case you were wondering). You're still talking like Cowboy is the same fighter as he was 5 years ago.

Oh and to get on some of the fanboys nerves over here: Cerrone is a better kicker then Conor and it's not even close.
I know that fight was a long time ago. But I still see it going the same way.

Back