• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just for fun: Do you think Zabit Magomedsharipov could beat Conor Mcgregor?

If Conor doesnt get the KO in the first he loses.

Actually he is not the first 2 belt champ in UFC, that title belongs to Couture. The reason why you don't know about it, because UFC didn't allow to officially hold 2 belts at that time, but he was the first...
Nowhere in my post did I say Conor was the first. It doesn't make sense that you would extrapolate that from what I said.

Conor would handle him like he did to Dustin and Max long time ago. Islam would be a different story, though.

Not before Conor there wasn’t much of one. It was very, very rare to have a champ vs champ fight. Jose wanted to do it at 155 after cleaning out FW, and Dana told him he’d have to vacate the belt and move up to 155 and start competing there to get a shot. He wasn’t allowed to just directly challenge for the belt.

edit: I should add that there’s no precedent for getting a shot at another title before you’ve defended your own, before Conor came along. I can’t think of an example off hand anyway.

It might have been rare but there were talks about GSP fighting Anderson. It's unfortunate that they didn't let Aldo just go straight up and challenge the champion at the time, it would have been fun to watch. It doesn't make sense to stifle people who are already at the top skillwise.

I’d lean towards Conor I think. But it’s very possible that Zabit could sub him. Obviously never seen them face off, but I’d think Conor would have some size on Zabit. No point in talking about this at FW, as I don’t think Conor can make the weight. At 155 I lean towards Conor. Let’s put Conor around -230, Zabit at +175.
I agree.
  • at FW Conor gasses early and gets subbed since Zabit has superior wrestling
  • at LW Conor via early KO probably since he is bigger

At 155lbs, 100% Zhabit wins. (cos McG cannot make 145lbs obviously).

Zhabit wouldn't even need cardio for this. He is a world-class striker, world-class ground-game.
McG is just smoke and mirrors and endless BS and bravado.
This.

Conor would kill him. That zabit hype is all about some fancy spinning stuff and some wild sheeplover look.

I think Zabit has the skillset to win and I think I’d have to pick him.

Thread has been meritorical until that idiot showed up.
So then, Mr Smart-Mouth-Just-Arrived-On-Scene, let's here your reasoned and rational argument why you think that your hero McGregor is going to beat Zabit ? Come on I want some analysis here, some background etc.

McGregor has won 1 MMA fight in 3yrs and 5mths against a man who is very clearly on a career downslope.
McGregor got destroyed by Khabib
McGregor got played with by MayWeather (ok thats boxing, still combat)

What you need to remember is, for example, the pre-fight statements by McGregor where you pronounces how he will do x and y and z and knock everyone out. He IS full of bravado and he DOES make things up. IF you want I can dig some things up to demonstrate this. That will be the "BS and bravado" covered.
But you probably don't want to go down a rational and detailed analysis do you because you can't because you're basically a drive-by One-Line-Insult guy who doesn't have the knowledge or experience about this stuff. Sure there's always gonna be blind fanboy-ism on this site, but try to rise above that, try to think a bit more carefully, and do some detailed explanation of technque, skills, etc. If you actually can.

If you would rather do it over PM on this site, 100% let's go. We can do it there. Or here, whichever you prefer.

Zabit is way better rounded. Conor has faster and more fluid strikes. I say Zabit.

If Zabit can hang in there until the later rounds (3rd maybe? I know his cardio isn't that great either) and lays off the take downs. Then he might have a chance if he starts shooting on Conor then and eventually getting the sub assuming Conors cardio is fading. However, that leaves those early rounds for Zabit to get slept. Tough one to call but I'm leaning towards Conor.

So then, Mr Smart-Mouth-Just-Arrived-On-Scene, let's here your reasoned and rational argument why you think that your hero McGregor is going to beat Zabit ? Come on I want some analysis here, some background etc.

McGregor has won 1 MMA fight in 3yrs and 5mths against a man who is very clearly on a career downslope.
McGregor got destroyed by Khabib
McGregor got played with by MayWeather (ok thats boxing, still combat)

What you need to remember is, for example, the pre-fight statements by McGregor where you pronounces how he will do x and y and z and knock everyone out. He IS full of bravado and he DOES make things up. IF you want I can dig some things up to demonstrate this. That will be the "BS and bravado" covered.
But you probably don't want to go down a rational and detailed analysis do you because you can't because you're basically a drive-by One-Line-Insult guy who doesn't have the knowledge or experience about this stuff. Sure there's always gonna be blind fanboy-ism on this site, but try to rise above that, try to think a bit more carefully, and do some detailed explanation of technque, skills, etc. If you actually can.

If you would rather do it over PM on this site, 100% let's go. We can do it there. Or here, whichever you prefer.

Wow thats some deep TMZ stuff. Clearly you dont like McGregor. However my point still stands.
Calling a man who did what he did smoke and mirrors, endless bullshit and bravado is pure idiotism. Especially in the context of Zabit.
By stating that you just showed me that our point of views are too far from each other to ever meet.

So while sitting here procrastinating about doing my assignment this fight popped into my head and I think it would be a fun fight. Who do you think wins and how? at FW and LW. also could a mod add a poll plz?
honestly, anyone who can keep their right hand up can beat conor. He has one move.

honestly, anyone who can keep their right hand up can beat conor. He has one move.

2pi1lk.jpg

Wow thats some deep TMZ stuff. Clearly you dont like McGregor. However my point still stands.
Calling a man who did what he did smoke and mirrors, endless bullshit and bravado is pure idiotism. Especially in the context of Zabit.
By stating that you just showed me that our point of views are too far from each other to ever meet.

Well now.
I *could* go into it in some detail and DEMONSTRATE that my points are valid (for example the "BS" thing is really quite easy to demonstrate) and have legitimacy but I suspect you will just refuse to listen to calm rational points and stay entrenched in your clear fanboy-ism. I could easily demonstrate the "BS" aspect and I could also demonstrate the "bravado" aspect from Conor's past. "Smoke and mirrors" is a bit more of a general term but it speaks to fooling people to some degree, and I do believe he does that.

Please do take very good note that I don't go around calling YOU an "idiot" for holding a different view to myself, which is just rather juvenile resorting to an easy insult when a member on this board simply holds a different viewpoint to you. The whole point of discussion forums is that people CAN discuss and sometimes agree and sometimes disagree. There is *nothing wrong* with disagreeing at all.
I understand that people get emotional about their favorite fighters, I do understand that. I have done it myself sometimes. And I can see how when someone holds a diametrically-opposed viewpoint to your good self, that might ruffle your feathers somewhat.
BUT we should all be big enough to not start flinging "idiot" stuff simply cos A does not agree with B.

Summary: We don't agree, we are not going to agree, and I'm fine with that. I could persist with demonstrating my points but I honestly think it's wasted effort with you. Note that i'm not trying to CHANGE your point of view, I just hold a different one to you.
Let's all try to be above flinging "idiot" stuff around as soon as the 1st person comes along who says something we don't like about a fighter we like. You have a perfect right to hold your view, and believe in it and all that happy stuff, 100%.

I agree.
  • at FW Conor gasses early and gets subbed since Zabit has superior wrestling
  • at LW Conor via early KO probably since he is bigger
Conor never gassed at FW and KO’ed people left and right. Zabit wouldn’t stand a chance

Back