Just finished reading the Badr Hari biography

I feel if that were the case it may possibly have to do with his Arabic descent as well.

Yeah maybe. I remember hearing him say once that when the Dutch fans booed him he never carried the flag again, only the Morocco flag so he must be sensitive towards that

So true (although I don't hate him).

His talent is really undeniable as well though, even if he swings wild with his punches from time to time, and loses focus. I think that when Badr has a guy hurt he has easily some of the best finishing instincts in all of kickboxing-- for me, when I watch moments like his second fight with Overeem after the first knockdown, and knowing the drama and backstory behind it, it's impossible for me not to think of him, at least idealistically, as if he is a great white who smells blood in the water. It's a shame to hear that he invested little time in training throughout his career-- given all the amazing moments he's produced in the ring already, I can only imagine what he could have done if he managed to find it in himself to be more disciplined. Probably would have never incurred those meaningless DQs and actually won 1-2 Grand Prixs... oh well.I could believe this, I feel if that were the case it may possibly have to do with his Arabic descent as well.

I was originally going to write this because of his ethnicity/religion but I didn't want to start a shit storm. Everything he does points to an inferiority complex. Which is odd considering the man is a giant himself.

I feel if that were the case it may possibly have to do with his Arabic descent as well.

I don't support the guy anyhow whatsoever but what's him being Arab gotta do with it?

Do you think anyone that reads "Mein Kampf" is a nazi?

Hitler is one of the most important figures in recent history. while I agree that Badr Hari is subhuman scum who probably doesn't deserve to breathe, I don't think he's quite on the level of Hitler.

I like the Tyson story though. Mike would have done the world a favor that day if Badr had gone through with it

Get your rep by beating a retired boxer in a sex club. Would have loved to have seen it go through. Badr Hari beaten with a combo of fists and dildos.

Get your rep by beating a retired boxer in a sex club. Would have loved to have seen it go through. Badr Hari beaten with a combo of fists and dildos.

Haha beaten by a 'classic hand' as seen in many an amsterdam sex shop window!

Didn't he beat some dude and step on his ankles or kneecaps or something to make sure he couldn't walk again?? I remember reading that somewhere.

Can't believe that you trust everything that is said by a book which probably isn't actually endorsed by Hari.

This book is'nt endorsed my Hari nor does he get any revenues. Badr was asked to coorperate but refused.
And dont judge until you've read it and learned about the author. Jens Olde Kater is actually the one who wrote the excellent and revealing biography on Ernesto Hoost.
That book is no holds barred,yet non sensantional and eventhough Ernesto consented and had his input the author doesnt excactly shy away from potentially harmful matters like Hoost admitting to having juiced on one occasion,on Ernesto's affairs with several women and the backstory on the relationship between him and his trainer Johan Vos who is revealed to be somewhat of a psychopath with heavy underworld connections and names are mentioned too.
The Badr Hari book is written in the same style.

Yeah maybe. I remember hearing him say once that when the Dutch fans booed him he never carried the flag again, only the Morocco flag so he must be sensitive towards that
I didn't know that, it's interesting though, and certainly plausible.
I don't support the guy anyhow whatsoever but what's him being Arab gotta do with it?
Potentially nothing, but I just figured that a kid who doesn't look like all the others might get singled out and made fun of and stuff, ya know?
I was originally going to write this because of his ethnicity/religion but I didn't want to start a shit storm. Everything he does points to an inferiority complex. Which is odd considering the man is a giant himself.
I understand how you feel, seems everyone's a hair's breadth away from getting up in arms whenever race is even talked about lol, but that would, of course, explain my very delicate wording of that original statement.

And yeah, even if I weren't him and just had that kind of frame, I'd be so confident. Hard to say what goes on in his head though...
And dont judge until you've read it and learned about the author. Jens Olde Kater is actually the one who wrote the excellent and revealing biography on Ernesto Hoost.
That book is no holds barred,yet non sensantional and eventhough Ernesto consented and had his input the author doesnt excactly shy away from potentially harmful matters like Hoost admitting to having juiced on one occasion,on Ernesto's affairs with several women and the backstory on the relationship between him and his trainer Johan Vos who is revealed to be somewhat of a psychopath with heavy underworld connections and names are mentioned too.
That sounds fucking awesome. Is there any chance that biography has been translated into English yet?

Badr a kid who does'nt look like all the others getting singled out? Have u ever been to Amsterdam? Its as much a melting pot as can be,in fact a blond kid with blue eyes is more likely to be singled out for not looking like most of the others.

As for the book in Hoost,(its called ''The Kickbokser''). I would'nt know if it gets translated anywhere in the future,but I doubt it because I dont think there really is a large market for it. It was however nothing short of great,and a good insight behind the scenes of not only Ernesto's life and career but also on the rise and fall of K1 and all factors that came into play.
As I mentioned before,this author does his research and is not known to just dig up stories without any decent verification.
Believe me,for people outside of the Netherlands its hard to pass judgement on the Badr Hari case because without the proper background information and most here just form their opinion based on mere speculation.

Badr a kid who does'nt look like all the others getting singled out? Have u ever been to Amsterdam? Its as much a melting pot as can be,in fact a blond kid with blue eyes is more likely to be singled out for not looking like most of the others.

As for the book in Hoost,(its called ''The Kickbokser''). I would'nt know if it gets translated anywhere in the future,but I doubt it because I dont think there really is a large market for it. It was however nothing short of great,and a good insight behind the scenes of not only Ernesto's life and career but also on the rise and fall of K1 and all factors that came into play.
As I mentioned before,this author does his research and is not known to just dig up stories without any decent verification.
Believe me,for people outside of the Netherlands its hard to pass judgement on the Badr Hari case because without the proper background information and most here just form their opinion based on mere speculation.

I've been to the Netherlands, as a MENA Canadian, I've never felt more uncomfortable. I was singled out like crazy and the fact that I'm 6'6" didn't help in me blending in with everyone.

Oh ok, sorry then. I thought Hari got a cut from the sales of this book. If he doesn't I have no problem with people buying it.

Wow that's really generous of you, thanks for giving your permission.

I've been to the Netherlands, as a MENA Canadian, I've never felt more uncomfortable. I was singled out like crazy and the fact that I'm 6'6" didn't help in me blending in with everyone.
Try blending in in Japan, I bet you'll feel just like a chameleon.. Or wait.. I forgot that it is just in European countries that everyone no matter heritage or ethnicity is supposed to be able to "blend in". My bad.

Wow that's really generous of you, thanks for giving your permission.
No problem, I'm a generous human being. My only request is that while you are reading that abomination of a book you are picturing Badr being raped by multiple 300+ pounds felons in the shower. Every time he takes a shower.

Oh really? Where in the Netherlands have you been? Badr was brought up in Amsterdam, no doubt he blended in perfectly there.

Btw, being 6'6" probably only helped blending in in Holland.

No problem, I'm a generous human being. My only request is that while you are reading that abomination of a book you are picturing Badr being raped by multiple 300+ pounds felons in the shower. Every time he takes a shower.

Again,U cant qualify that book as such unless you've read it and know the background.
believe me,it does not glorify Badr at all,it just gives a realistic enough picture of his life,his upbringing and everything he has been trough. The author digged deep and tried to find events,traumatic or otherwise, explaining why Badr became who he is and why he came to his actions but his conclusion was there just were none. Badr came from a stable family,was raised in a normal neighbourhood,had every chance of a decent education,was not singled out or otherwise psychologically surpressed otherwise.
When sport came into play from day one he was around the very finest of people,people who took him in as a prodigy,nurtured and guided him and offered him every opportuniy available within the sport as well as outside of the sport.
But somehow he just never really gave a fuck,seeked to hang with the criminal element,decided to steal and betray and loyalty was never among his virtues.
It is described how from a normal,talented kid he turns into nothing short of a complete scumbag.

As for your rape fantasy,again the Netherlands is not the US,our prisonsystem is much more humane and opportunities like that do not occur that often but even if they would,we are talking about a heavily connected 2 meter tall heavyweight prizefighter with a short fuse and a devastating KO in both hands and feet. Nobody is going to dare touch him. Don't forget,he is a hero to most moroccans and guess what group forms the largest part of the prison population over here?

Sorry to hear u had such a hard time over here, What is a MENA Canadian?
If u are tall that should have helped as the Dutch are probably the tallest people on earth.

As for your rape fantasy,again the Netherlands is not the US,our prisonsystem is much more humane and opportunities like that do not occur that often but even if they would,we are talking about a heavily connected 2 meter tall heavyweight prizefighter with a short fuse and a devastating KO in both hands and feet. Nobody is going to dare touch him. Don't forget,he is a hero to most moroccans and guess what group forms the largest part of the prison population over here?
I'm sorry that your country decided to import violent sand people instead of good immigrants, but I for one hope he gets raped.

Oh really? Where in the Netherlands have you been? Badr was brought up in Amsterdam, no doubt he blended in perfectly there.

Btw, being 6'6" probably only helped blending in in Holland.

I was in Amsterdam as well, me and my friend, who is a muslim, got questioned by the police the first day we went out. Wouldn't say it because of racial profiling or anything but it certainly didn't help that everywhere we went we got some serious stares.

Also, the height thing in the Netherlands is vastly exaggerated. They definitely are tall but not as tall as people seem to suggest. The tallest guy I saw was a guy as tall as me in fact. But the height range of 6'-6'2" is more common over there then it is here in Canada.

Sorry to hear u had such a hard time over here, What is a MENA Canadian?
If u are tall that should have helped as the Dutch are probably the tallest people on earth.

I probably should've worded that better. My experience in the Netherlands was pretty awesome for the most part. People were friendly to us since we ourselves were pretty friendly and that fact that they knew we were Canadian helped it even more (Canadians seem to have good relations with Dutch) and treated us wonderfully. But there were those other people, mostly the older generation that gave us the death look lol

MENA = Middle Eastern/North African
I remember telling you about my complicated heritage a while back :)

good athlete but idiotic guy. He is still in the mental level of teen.

Back