• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just dawned on me, Chiesa may have just hit the lottery...

Chides will get maybe 100k plus hospital bills.. bum change

Doesn't UFC usually pay fighters in full if something fucked up close to fight night beyond their control happen that prevented them from fighting
Zuffa did, WME have been pretty pad lately.

They could also sue for loss of possible income like fight of the night.

Conor is looking at some hefty payouts.

Don't know how serious cuts were but serious enough to be pulled from fight.
Stay tuned. ...
You know where his lawyer is going to start at but he may end up with 5 million when it's said and done (maybe a bit more)

People don't know how lawsuits work.l in real world. If offered $150K, Chiesa should take money and run.

At this point Borg and Chiesa are definitely getting paid. There could be up to 15-20 individuals that could sue him. Anybody on that bus has a legit claim. Mental cruelty or anguish. That UFC guy said he thought they were going to die. That’s all it takes to file a suit.

The UFC has a massive claim too. If they choose to use it. But they finally have leverage on McGregor again. They fucked up by allowing him to fight Mayweather. They had no way to force him to fight in the UFC again. But they got that joker by the short and curlies now.

McGregor is fucked.
It will be very interesting to see how the UFC handles this situation. Will they use this as leverage in future negotiations, or wil they feel obligated to cut ties with Conor? If Conor is released from his contract, he stands to make 300 or more million dollars on an out of country, self promoted event. He could buy UFC 223 from the UFC, pay out every fighter, with damages to those injured, pay legal fees, and still profit 200 million on a self promoted event. Crazy

1) He's guilty AF and there is video evidence of it.

2) Their lawyers will likely take a cut of the winnings, and the fighters suing will get excellent lawyers because of that, given they know Conor is wealthy.

I dont care if Conor clones Johnie Cochran, no one would be able to make it so he doesnt have to pay out of they sue.

My guess is they settle out of court.
Not for 5 million lmao they have no case for this ludicrous number unless Borg is blinded for life or something and even that is reaching.

1) He's guilty AF and there is video evidence of it.

2) Their lawyers will likely take a cut of the winnings, and the fighters suing will get excellent lawyers because of that, given they know Conor is wealthy.

I dont care if Conor clones Johnie Cochran, no one would be able to make it so he doesnt have to pay out of they sue.

My guess is they settle out of court.

"Excellent lawyers" = expensive lawyers. I doubt they are going to be hiring expensive lawyers to recuperate their lost earnings, which is only 10s of thousands of dollars. They would have to spend that just hiring the lawyers.

How do americans sue some one from a different country...what's stopping conor from simply not coming back to america...nothing they can do...conor is not an american citizen...so how?
Conor doesn't make his money in Ireland, he obviously needs to come to the states to work.

I believe he'll have to pay out of the ass, especially if Borg's eye's are fucked up bad. Dumb mother fucker, he has it made. He'll keep fucking up like Jones, this ain't the last time.

If Chiesa sues, Dana will make sure his next fight is against Taisumov on some European undercard.

Not just lost wages, there is also huge opportunity cost.

Biggest fight of your career etc, future earnings.

I see what you're saying, but how do you but a price on that?
All of that is hypothetical.

What if i got PPV points because the card sold so good? (I don't know if that is in his contract or not)
What if i won that fight?
What if i got a fight of the night bonus?

It's hard to take lost opportunity to court.
If you wanna throw tons of cash down on an awesome lawyer then you might have a chance.

But what if you don't win in court?
Now you're paying Conors legal team, and i would assume his would cost a lot more then Chiesa legal team

Mike didn't even get stitches, no scars means not much cash most likely.

People don't seem to realize what having a good lawyer really means in the US, especially in a civil suit.

A good attorney or attorneys representing a client with lots of $ to burn have so many ways to delay and drag out a civil case like this one Chiesa may pursue. So much so that if you did the math a cost benefit analysis will usually say that its not be worth pursuing. Chiesa can't pay the kind of legal fees it would take to win. Unless he wants to leverage a much greater amount of his net worth than he'd have the likelyhood to recover.

Then he has to HOPE that the jury would award him what he wants. Even if he wins the suit the members of the jury may think they are awarding him a ton of $ but they have no idea what the plaintiff wants and usually underdeliver. They do not pitch the jury on a number. This will get settled out of court where Chiesa gets his $ and Conor saves face. There is a reason that rich people don't spend as much time in prison or lose as much in civil lit cases as poor people do for the same charges.

People don't seem to realize what having a good lawyer really means in the US, especially in a civil suit.

A good attorney or attorneys representing a client with lots of $ to burn have so many ways to delay and drag out a civil case like this one Chiesa may pursue. So much so that if you did the math a cost benefit analysis will usually say that its not be worth pursuing. Chiesa can't pay the kind of legal fees it would take to win. Unless he wants to leverage a much greater amount of his net worth than he'd have the likelyhood to recover.

Then he has to HOPE that the jury would award him what he wants. Even if he wins the suit the members of the jury may think they are awarding him a ton of $ but they have no idea what the plaintiff wants and usually underdeliver. They do not pitch the jury on a number. This will get settled out of court where Chiesa gets his $ and Conor saves face. There is a reason that rich people don't spend as much time in prison or lose as much in civil lit cases as poor people do for the same charges.

This guy must swing a hammer.
Because he FUC&ING nailed it!

5 million?

Let's see, the Lost Income would be $5000 Reebok money + the peanuts for fight money. Leaving $4,995,000 due to mental trauma, ongoing nightmares and fear of chicken based burgers.

Yep, story checks out.
It the retarded millionaires premium that really adds to it.

5 million and still ain't kill a mothaf*cka yet.

Get that money Mike.

Everything I've seen of case studies says about 100% the opposite, Other than it's going to be settled out of court but Conor will definitely pay way more than a middle class person would, typically a plaintiff like Mike could easily find an amazing injury lawyer for a small retainer that charges % of his winning money. In a hypothetical trial it's like 100% always awarded his court fees which includes his lawyer on top of his settlement. Conor lawyer will explain how fucked he is pay mikes lawyer a shit ton but still less than conor would pay in a trial Plus his lawyer fees and mike's.

Where are these millions coming from ? I don't think you understand how suing works.

"Excellent lawyers" = expensive lawyers. I doubt they are going to be hiring expensive lawyers to recuperate their lost earnings, which is only 10s of thousands of dollars. They would have to spend that just hiring the lawyers.

True enough. But "Judge awards XXXX dollars compensation plus legal costs" could cover it. And some big wig lawyer might even want the case against Conor to claim as a scalp.

In any event, I imagine the UFC/WME/DFW will try to negotiate some sort of compensation deal first and avoid any formal civil suit, keep the numbers hush hush.

Back