Just curious

boss429

BowtieA$$a$$in
@Silver
Reaction score
So with all the sudden hype after the Bareknuckles Boxing event I'm just wondering, so many people here like to claim Boxing isn't fighting but oddly enough I have yet to hear that comment made about this event.

My question is are we finally done acting like idiots around here claiming 2 people trying to take each others heads off with nothing but there fists isn't a "real fight"?

Boxing with and without gloves makes huge difference you realize that right?

Oh okay, so without gloves it's a fight but wearing gloves which allow the fighters to hit much harder isn't?

bare knuckle boxing is closer to real fighting than boxing because they've taken the pillows off their hands. However, it's still not nearly as close to a real fight as mma. I'd like to see MMA go back to bare knuckle as well (and not allow hand wraps).

Why the fuck do mods let so many pointless threads stay in the heavys but immediately move this to the Boxing forum? You know, the forum that isn't filled with idiots who thing Boxing "isn't fighting".

This is why I don't make threads, I obviously fucked up by forgetting to put " Conor" in the title or maybe mentioning something about Twitter, my mistake.

bare knuckle boxing is closer to real fighting than boxing because they've taken the pillows off their hands. However, it's still not nearly as close to a real fight as mma. I'd like to see MMA go back to bare knuckle as well (and not allow hand wraps).
Lol, have you ever been hit by a competition "pillow"? (Rhetorical question).

I've been hit by bare fists, MMA gloves and competition Boxing gloves, the " pillow" is by far the most painful.

I guess you never have been hit with Reyes gloves, and the biggest difference is damage to hands and cuts and if you think anything else your wrong. Feel free to walk into any boxing club and claim its not real fighting.

They need to allow head butts.

it's all about the black bottle, the one I mixed. suckahs.

白鬼就是一只坏的小白人吧

So with all the sudden hype after the Bareknuckles Boxing event I'm just wondering, so many people here like to claim Boxing isn't fighting but oddly enough I have yet to hear that comment made about this event.

My question is are we finally done acting like idiots around here claiming 2 people trying to take each others heads off with nothing but there fists isn't a "real fight"?
Well the problem is that most ufc fan boys and mma fan boys to an extent fall for the marketing plan that the idea of Real fight is MMA rules and the imagery of them being gladiators(ufc). The mystique is powered by a bro science belief in the almost mystical powers attributed to BJJ and a bro level understanding of boxing at best. Combine that with the average age and mindset of what the sport is marketed towards and you get those types of beliefs.

Any so-called martial art prohibiting the use of cockslapping is hardly "real" fighting anyway.

白鬼就是一只坏的小白人吧

Well the problem is that most ufc fan boys and mma fan boys to an extent fall for the marketing plan that the idea of Real fight is MMA rules and the imagery of them being gladiators(ufc). The mystique is powered by a bro science belief in the almost mystical powers attributed to BJJ and a bro level understanding of boxing at best. Combine that with the average age and mindset of what the sport is marketed towards and you get those types of beliefs.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I just can't believe someone can write "Boxing isn't a fight" and then actually post it without feeling like a moron.

Like okay, so what you're saying is you would rather I punch you in the face repeatedly as hard as I can ( since apparently that isn't fighting) than take you down with a double leg and control position, lol. I know which option I would chose hear and having competed in both I never felt like I might be seconds away from getting the shit kicked out of me walking out to the Wrestling mat.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I just can't believe someone can write "Boxing isn't a fight" and then actually post it without feeling like a moron.

Like okay, so what you're saying is you would rather I punch you in the face repeatedly as hard as I can ( since apparently that isn't fighting) than take you down with a double leg and control position, lol. I know which option I would chose hear and having competed in both I never felt like I might be seconds away from getting the shit kicked out of me walking out to the Wrestling mat.
Well I don’t about all of that I wrestled in high school and I have felt like I have gotten my ass kicked wrestling.
Th ring said comparing it to a fire fight in the ring is not the same.

Well I don’t about all of that I wrestled in high school and I have felt like I have gotten my ass kicked wrestling.
Th ring said comparing it to a fire fight in the ring is not the same.
Fair enough. I was kind of stupidly over powered for my size and naturally good at wrestling technique so I never really got hurt or felt threatened but I did badly hurt a couple guys much more seriously then I ever hurt anyone in the ring so I can see that I guess.

Blood and cuts happening at a far greater rate maybe makes it seem real. However this and MMA lack the real aspect of the backs of heads cracking against concrete. Sooo...lets have blacktop bareknuckle boxing. Hold it on an outdoor basketball court, standing room only with a drunken crowd for that real fight experience.

Lol, have you ever been hit by a competition "pillow"? (Rhetorical question).

I've been hit by bare fists, MMA gloves and competition Boxing gloves, the " pillow" is by far the most painful.

I have loads (boxed as a teen and then kickboxing)!

Bare fist likely gives you more facial injuries, but I think them small gloves aren't good for the brain and can leave you seeing stars lol

Can't understand why mma fans call 8/10 oz gloves pillows?? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back