Just a reminder that the future credibility of boxing is at stake when AJ fights Ngannou

This is true but then you are not disputing the fact that the credibility of boxing gets wrecked with a Joshua loss. You are just saying it doesn't need credibility to survive.

This may be true to an extent what with Jake Pauls success but then boxers should at least be considered by far the the best with hands, if the top guys at HW are getting their asses beat in straight boxing by MMA fighters then it essentially becomes a journeyman sport.

Francis's boxing record is now 0-2. You MMA guys with your concern trolling don't have much to say now, huh?

Here's your reminder:
The element of surprise for Francis is gone. This was his only chance to pull off the upset. He'll get viciously KOed by future opponents.
lol.

I can't wait for him to stick around in boxing and sheepishly end his career 0-3 (just like Conor) with devastating knockout losses. Something tells me the knuckle draggers infesting these forums are going to disappear.

Francis's boxing record is now 0-2. You MMA guys with your concern trolling don't have much to say now, huh?
I said the future credibility of boxing was at stake and it was.
Thank fuck that AJ steppped up and got the job done properly with a brutal KO where the lineal boxing champion failed miserably and got put on his ass.

@ferrisjso
@TheMaster

Where'd these two fuck bags go.
Hahahaha
Go scrape Ngannous ass out of our ring and cart him back to your inferior land of cages and Reebox panties.

I'm here. I think you don't watch MMA much so you've confused Ngannou with Jon Jones. I've been a Jon Jones fanboy for over a decade and if he got KTFO'd I'd understand being @. Francis Ngannou is a different fighter mate.

I was rooting for Francis but I picked AJ to win a dominant decision. I said I'd be shocked if AJ KO'd Francis. And I was shocked. Francis had never been close to being KO'd before and while AJ has power I saw nothing to indicate him changing that. You're making it seem like I had the pom poms out for Francis or something and was saying he'd win. I did no such thing.

Believe it or not I was a boxing fan before I was a MMA fan. I find the whole crips v bloods thing you've got going on to be stupid and unneccessary. We're all friends here(at least in terms of sports).

I'm here. I think you don't watch MMA much so you've confused Ngannou with Jon Jones. I've been a Jon Jones fanboy for over a decade and if he got KTFO'd I'd understand being @. Francis Ngannou is a different fighter mate.

I was rooting for Francis but I picked AJ to win a dominant decision. I said I'd be shocked if AJ KO'd Francis. And I was shocked. Francis had never been close to being KO'd before and while AJ has power I saw nothing to indicate him changing that. You're making it seem like I had the pom poms out for Francis or something and was saying he'd win. I did no such thing.

Believe it or not I was a boxing fan before I was a MMA fan. I find the whole crips v bloods thing you've got going on to be stupid and unneccessary. We're all friends here(at least in terms of sports).

Francis had hardly been hit before. If this shocked you that was your own stupidity. This was an easy fight to predict for the rational watchers.

Francis had hardly been hit before. If this shocked you that was your own stupidity. This was an easy fight to predict for the rational watchers.

So was Francis v Fury.

Exactly Francis had hardly been hit before and had never went down. That is a perfectly logical reason for not expecting someone to be KO'd especially not right away. Even AJs number 1 cheerleader said(paraphrasing) "Francis might be a guy where you hit him and nothing happens". What was he being fucking stupid too? Or you just being a cunt for no reason?

I get it its the day after AJ KO'd Francis and you've shot a bunch of crows you want people to eat. We've all been there. But my god you guys are getting all insufferable.

ngannou was obviously feeling himself after the anomaly that was the fury fight and said to himself, I can take this joshua chump too and maybe even beat him .. or was it that he didn't care if he was ko'd and was just thinking about the $$$ .. I'm inclined to go with the latter

I believe your average person who watches boxing already believes MMA fighters are better fighters than boxers and the only people who care have become personally invested in boxings superiority. But boxing doesn't need to be "credible" to survive. Its a sport where people punch each other in the face. People don't watch it because it is quote on quote "credible". They watch it because they enjoy watching people hit each other.

Boxings been around a long time and it has developed a very aristocratic culture where they've convinced themselves of their own superiority. But no one outside that bubble actually believed that shit.
MMA fighters are better fighters. Boxers are better boxers. No one in the boxing world with any credibility in their opinion disagrees
I think stuff like this has always meant more to MMA fans than it does boxing fans. Most boxing fans I know were always annoyed by the comparison. You're saying a lot of things that may seem true to you as an mma fans that simply aren't, the "1 good fight" comment in particular. Boxing PPVs usually have at least 4 fights and generally have significant fights, title matches or eliminators. This card for example, has Zhang vs Joyce. Thats a pretty significant fight, more meaningful than the main event, arguably.
You're confused because boxing promotes the star and MMA promotes the promotion. You don't buy an UFC card for the undercard fights. The "the whole card is stacked!!" nonsense is just so the promoters can avoid paying anyone star money just as on the other hand boxing promotes one fight to avoid paying the undercard guys big money.

edit- said Joyce, meant Parker.

I think about it like American football and rugby. Lots of cross over applicable skills, but different sports. A rugby player doing well in football or a football player doing well in rugby doesn’t say anything about either sport

I said I'd be shocked if AJ KO'd Francis. And I was shocked. Francis had never been close to being KO'd before and while AJ has power I saw nothing to indicate him changing that.
I distinctly remember you telling me that it wouldn't be one big shot and that Francis wouldn't be out cold. I entertained that it could be either that or a wicked combination that puts him out. Either way, a KO is a KO. Ultimately it doesn't matter how it happened. The result is the same.

Heading into this fight AJ had an 89% finish rate. That's one of the highest KO percentages in heavyweight boxing history. Only a few fighters have survived Joshua to date—Ruiz, Usyk & Franklin. Only two of them didn't get dropped—Usyk & Franklin. It's not hard to see just how dangerous AJ is when he's confident enough to let his hands go. Realistically he has the potential to stop anyone if he manages to land a huge bomb flush on their chin. He hits like a truck.

I hadn't seen all of Francis' MMA fights but I'd seen enough. The only time I saw him briefly stunned was against Stipe in their rematch. He got caught with a well-timed pull counter right hand over the top, if I recall, only to immediately recover and then blast Stipe into the shadow realm. Stipe used to be a decent national level amateur boxer. So, in both cases it was a boxer (AJ), and a former boxer (Stipe), that were able to hurt Francis when the others couldn't. He also said before the AJ fight that Fury hit him the hardest even though it didn't appear that Fury ever visibly hurt him.

Back