Just a little help?

Nick93

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to this so let's stat of with an introduction
Hi, I'm Nick. I'm 14 years old, 15 in a couple days and all the sudden I started to want to get strong and buff, Or whatever you call it. I need a good schedule so that I can stick to it and work hard for it. I have no weights. Nothing really. And I need a good schedule. I would get embarrassed if I asked my mom to go get me some weights or something :redface: It would just be weird, Ya no? Well I'm in a private school and going into 10th grade, Hopefully I can goto high school. I'm kind of a skinny kid, and I really love to fight, It would be my dream to be in the UFC etc. I took shotokan karate for a bit, Had to quit because my best friend died. and now I really want to just get as strong as I can. I need to know some good workouts and a good schedule, I have a trampoline and I have something I can do pull ups with, It's kinda makeshift. So can I get some help from some experienced? Thank-you guys, I would SOO much appreciate it.

Ermmm, Please? Lol Sorry for double post, I needed a bump O.O

Can you move your trampoline to under the chinup bar? If so, you can bounce on the trampoline while pulling yourself up on the bar. This combination will work all the muscles in your body from your biceps to your plantaris. Work up to 1 set of 52 reps each day. Don't go over 52 reps or you will negate any benefit or training effect.

Good luck

I won't be able to, what is 1 set of 52 reps mean? I think my schedule will be
50 pushups 40 situps 20 chinups every hour, Will this get me pretty big within 2 months?

Like 5 or 6 hours a day

Ask your mom for a gym membership for your B-day or try to figure out if there is a time you can use your school gym. I used to get up at 5am to use my high school's weight room - so that is an option.

Read that FAQ concerning what exercises you should do.

I won't be able to, what is 1 set of 52 reps mean? I think my schedule will be
50 pushups 40 situps 20 chinups every hour, Will this get me pretty big within 2 months?

Like 5 or 6 hours a day

He was being sarcastic - do not try that shit.

A) If you want to be a fighter, strength is the 3rd necessity behind technique and conditioning. And a very distant 3rd at that.

B) Ask your mom. You know what the worst thing that might happen? She says no. So ask her.

C) Just start doing pushups, situps, and whatever is strenuous until you can buy a weight set or start going to a gym.

D) Read the Faq at the top of the page for "a good schedule."

E) Don't bump the thread only 10 minutes after you posted. It isn't very patient, and in pursuing the legendary "Yoke" of old, patience is what is needed.

Ehh.. I don't think I'll ask my mom o.o Sorry I just can't... My mom would think I was crazy and talk to all her friends about how weird I was... LOL

Ya and if she does, then she does. Fuck what others think about you for trying to better yourself. If they laugh and you still succeed, do you know what that makes them? Cocksuckers and failures.

Ehh.. I don't think I'll ask my mom o.o Sorry I just can't... My mom would think I was crazy and talk to all her friends about how weird I was... LOL

yes, i was being sarcastic

genuine advice:
dont try to exercise using a trampoline
dont be a wannabe-tough guy mma fan - if you like "fighting" go to a boxing/whatever school
if you really have no weights, work on doing as many chinups, pushups (and one-arm pushups when you can), bodyweight squats and situps as you can. also lift things like rocks
be patient, you will not be superman in 2 months
have realistic goals, but if you are 14 thats a big ask i know

Your mom sounds like a bitch. Does she have low self esteem? Does she make herself feel better by putting you down? She sounds like one of those gossip queens who has nothing better to do than talk trash about other people. The fact that she does not support your ambitions is sickening.

Do yourself a favor and find a way to get involved with strength training. Don't worry about what other people think. People who are successful rarely take shit from other people. Try to find some like minded people who can encourage and contribute to your success.

and read the damn FAQ.

You have to get out of your comfort zone to lift weights, your gonna have to start with a bunch of low weights that will make you feel embarrassed at the gym. Guess what? We all start somewhere, but at least make the effort to get your ass in the gym if you have a means to get to one.

Thanks, I know that I just wanted to know how long it would take for me to start getting some good muscle, ad some good schedules, So the 50 pushups 40 situps and 20 chinups is or isnt good?

Thanks, I know that I just wanted to know how long it would take for me to start getting some good muscle, ad some good schedules, So the 50 pushups 40 situps and 20 chinups is or isnt good?

I got this book a while ago - i actually had the chance to train with this guy on two occasions. It has a lot of good bodyweight exercises and stuff that only requires having a set of dumbbells.

Amazon.com: No Holds Barred Fighting: The Ultimate Guide to Conditioning: Elite Exercises and Training for NHB Competition and Total Fitness (No Holds Barred Fighting): Mark Hatmaker: Books

The way to get stronger and ultimately bigger is to lift heavy things. Doing an assload of pushups, situps, and chinups will only take you so far. Add weight to these exercises. And do some lower body stuff. Squats and deadlifts. You can do pistol squats with no weight to get you started.

EDIT: Also eat lots of clean food. Visit the D&S forum to learn how.

So no one will quote my awesome Yoke line? Ungrateful bastards...

I got this book a while ago - i actually had the chance to train with this guy on two occasions. It has a lot of good bodyweight exercises and stuff that only requires having a set of dumbbells.

Amazon.com: No Holds Barred Fighting: The Ultimate Guide to Conditioning: Elite Exercises and Training for NHB Competition and Total Fitness (No Holds Barred Fighting): Mark Hatmaker: Books

No

I recommend:
RossTraining - Bridging The Gap Between Ordinary and Extraordinary

If you can, buy Never Gymless for your birthday, it has a heap of different exercises you can do without needing much equipment.

Definitely. Never Gymless is perfect for your situation. If you ever manage to get some weights and/or a gym membership, then Infinite Intensity is excellent as well.

Listen to my posts. for they are fillled with genious!

E) Don't bump the thread only 10 minutes after you posted. It isn't very patient, and in pursuing the legendary "Yoke" of old, patience is what is needed.

There ya go, feel better? :icon_lol:

Back