• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Jussie Smollett v2, the saga continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This guy McWhorter needs to be every media outlet’s go to guy for commentary on this issue. His piece in the Atlantic was spot on and the interview here has further insights. Definitely recommend that everyone watch this.

Very well said! It's crazy how rare it's to see someone being real and factual on tv. Specially on CNN! And I love the fact that a black man's saying it as I'm sure people will actually consider what he's saying.

I love the fact that Jussie wanted people to look at him as a victim AND as a super tough guy at the same time.

"He punched me and I punched his ass back!"

"I fought back and THEY ran off!"

LOL Jussie you got too greedy with your story bro

I love the fact that Jussie wanted people to look at him as a victim AND as a super tough guy at the same time.

"He punched me and I punched his ass back!"

"I fought back and THEY ran off!"

LOL Jussie you got too greedy with your story bro

Plus the fact that he wanted us all to buy into this, but wasn't even willing to sacrifice what was left of his sandwich to make it believable.

Hey, whatever gets through

For example, I’ve known quite a few light skin blacks from the Bahamas and they do act differently. They act and talk in a way like they EXPECT to be well treated and as a result they are well treated. This goes for all light skin blacks. You can say light skin blacks have a sense of entitlement: the entitlement to be well treated.

By contrast an urban dark skin black guy talks and acts very rough. Very crude offensive language as if he EXPECTS to be poorly treated. Like he thinks: you’re gonna be nasty to me anyway so I’m just gonna save you the trouble of pretension and be nasty to you. That way we’re on sure footing, no guess work. There’s a sense of honesty in that crudeness. There are people who prefer that kind of straight dealing.

In the end it’s all about expectations

Points for noticing not all blacks are the same, they have different shades L O L.

lol he does have a point, but Ive never been entitled at all because my parents never treated us differently my mom would say dont let that get to your head boy when all the relatives and older women would say I was good looking.

My two older brothers and sister are dark skinned with brown eyes, my two other sister and I are bronze skin like golden caramel complexion, because our mother is very light skinned she is British French Jamaican with blondish brown hair and light green hazel eyes.

We both have our moms greenish hazel eyes, and wavy lighter brown hair and all my relatives would tell us how good looking we were they would treat us different than my darker skin siblings.

I would have girls in elementary school always giving me valentines cards I remember in 4th grade on Valentines day week I had 14 valentine days cards from 14 different girls, and the teacher said we have a little Casanova here and laugh I was embarrassed, this was in elementary all the dark skin black girls would crush on me even then, I think it has to do with years of being told lighter skin looks better in a mostly white society.

Ha, this is hilarious, thanks for the link.

"Now, the drama surrounding this seems a complex one, but it’s really very simple. Even if he did stage the attack himself, it’s still valid.

Jussie Smollett is a busy man. He does not have time to wait around idly for genuine homophobic racists to jump him in the street. As an actor, it seems like an obvious solution to hire two men to carry out a racist and homophobic attack in order to draw attention to the kind of racist and homophobic attacks he would almost certainly be subjected to if he had a spare few hours to attract this unwanted attention.

As a genderqueer Muslim atheist, I am often frustrated that I receive very little abuse, despite knowing that it’s out there somewhere, waiting for me. As an activist, it is crucial that from time to time I become embroiled in an ugly fracas with someone who wishes to violently marginalize me. I am incredibly envious of the videos I see posted on social media and have lost count of the number of hours, perhaps days I have spent in various coffee houses and Gamestop outlets, willing a member of staff to refuse to use the pronouns I have given them, or to blatantly disrespect my transracial status. So far however, the closest I’ve come to a racist assault is my grandma referring to my Rasta hat as a ‘lovely tea cosy’ which unfortunately I did not film and when I described the incident in great detail to the police, they were simply not interested."

And so it begins...

I believe Brad Paisley wrote a song about this.

This pretty much personifies the nihilistic nature of modernism and pop culture. The belief that the ultimate "freedom of man" is to follow any and every passion to it's end will inevitably leave someone soulless and hopeless at their very core with no relief in sight.

Interesting primal scream from its hopeless grip. It's honest.

I've been climbing up the walls to escape the sinking feeling
But I can't hide from the nihilist at my door
Buried in the basement floor, didn't know what I had planted
It blossomed with all the heart of a Cold War

Light as a feather, stiff as a board
Sink to the floor, I sink to the floor
I sink to the floor
Light as a feather, stiff as a board

Paradise is in my soul and I'm terrified I can't get out
I'm lost in a labyrinth, we are lost in a labyrinth
Please, don't follow
Paradise is in my soul and I'm terrified I can't get out
I'm lost in a labyrinth, we are lost in a labyrinth
Please, don't follow
Please, don't follow
Please, don't follow
Please, don't follow
Please, don't follow
Please, don't follow
I've been climbing up the walls to escape the sinking feeling
But I can't hide from the nihilist at my door

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ods-history-alleged-hate-crime-hoaxes-1191005

"The story, on the Billboard website, appeared in the summer of 2018. It was meant to raise consciousness about a "ubiquitous" problem in the hip-hop community: a widespread lack of awareness about the importance of mental health. Six up-and-coming artists were invited to discuss how they took care of themselves. Among them was Jussie Smollett, who, in addition to his own fledgling solo musical career, played Jamal Lyon, a singer on the hit Fox series Empire. Smollett stressed the importance of honesty in his own internal struggles. "I admit that I'm jealous, I admit that I'm insecure and that I'm not good at certain things," he said. Then, in a comment that didn't get any attention at the time, Smollett suggested that these pressures might be catching up to him. "I'm in my 30s and I'm trying my best to learn that I can't bend anymore," he said. "I'm about to break."

Six months later, he may have done just that.

On Jan. 19, the actor tweeted, "Depression is a real thing y'all." Three days later, a threatening letter targeting Smollett arrived at the Empire production offices in Chicago. And a week after that, the actor told Chicago police that two masked assailants had attacked him in a wealthy Chicago neighborhood as he walked home from a Subway at 2 a.m. while he was on the phone with his music manager, Brandon Z. Moore. Because Smollett, who is black and openly gay, identified his attackers as white males who shouted "This is MAGA country" and claimed they hung a noose around his neck, his case was immediately held up as an example of the growing problem of hate crimes in the Trump era. In Hollywood, where the alleged attack played perfectly into the community's worst fears about prejudice, support for Smollett was strident. Robin Roberts interviewed him sympathetically on Good Morning America. Ellen Page called out the Trump administration for the incident on Colbert."

Last edited:
A genderqueer muslim atheist that still has a head? I call BS on that lol

Hey, whatever gets through

For example, I’ve known quite a few light skin blacks from the Bahamas and they do act differently. They act and talk in a way like they EXPECT to be well treated and as a result they are well treated. This goes for all light skin blacks. You can say light skin blacks have a sense of entitlement: the entitlement to be well treated.

By contrast an urban dark skin black guy talks and acts very rough. Very crude offensive language as if he EXPECTS to be poorly treated. Like he thinks: you’re gonna be nasty to me anyway so I’m just gonna save you the trouble of pretension and be nasty to you. That way we’re on sure footing, no guess work. There’s a sense of honesty in that crudeness. There are people who prefer that kind of straight dealing.

In the end it’s all about expectations

It’s like people who are afraid of rejection reject others before they have a chance to reject them. It’s preemptive rejection. Like a fat chick being mean to others. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.

My point is if some black people can see this. their lives would be much happier. Lots of energy wasted in preemption, protest, defense, offense, over compensation and damage control because of this world view

Wow.

Trying to salvage Jussie Smollett's career because orange man bad.

Wow.

Trying to salvage Jussie Smollett's career because orange man bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back