Junior Dos Santos future?

I don't know when Overeem is supposed to be back but that is who I want to see JDS fight next.

The UFC's pacing was really questionable for the Cain/JDS trilogy.

This is the one division where the champ and #2 guy are so far ahead of everyone else. I don't see anyone else beating either of them but JDS can't beat Cain and the 2nd and 3rd fights really made me want JDS to take some time off. I'm not at all sad that he broke his hand. I'd hope he takes the rest of the year off. He won't because it's only a broken hand but man he took so many vicious head shots.

He might be in that unthinkable Rich territory, but it's worse for him because there's not a division to move up to and fight interesting fights.

I can't say I favor him in a fourth fight with Cain. It will probably happen, but it feels more than unnecessary at this point. He might just fight the rest of his career at #2.

A fight with Jones would be very fun and would probably sell very well.

Agreed, he is in no man's land. He's hoping with everything he has that Werdum pulls the upset

Ehh they really had no choice lol. They messed up putting Werdum on TUF Brazil. He should have fought Cain for the belt when Cain fought Bigfoot the second time at UFC 160 but it still wouldn't have changed JDS fighting for the belt again when he did.

He's lost once in a row. twice in his last three.....to the same guy. He'll be number 2 hw as long as Cain is around.

The question shouldn't be what's next for JDS, it should rather be if JDS ever will be the same again?

The pounding he took was brutal.

JDS makes a lot of money. Even without the title he is doing very well for himself.

His future is hoping Werdum beats Cain.

JDS will continue to KO/TKO everyone else in the division. People seem to forget that he also KO'ed Cain. They are 2-1. Cain is a rough match for him but JDS is a rough match for everyone else.

JDS also fought like he was mentally retarded against cain in the 2nd and 3rd fight. Some of the worst fight IQ/fight planning I have seen.

JDS with the right coach might be able to beat Cain right now with their current skillsets.

He might be in that unthinkable Rich territory, but it's worse for him because there's not a division to move up to and fight interesting fights.

I can't say I favor him in a fourth fight with Cain. It will probably happen, but it feels more than unnecessary at this point. He might just fight the rest of his career at #2.

A fight with Jones would be very fun and would probably sell very well.

would love to see that.

Anything can happen in mma especially in the HW division.

OP you just cracked me up with that nickname, holy shit:

Cain "the evil Mexican thunderstorm" Velasquez

Also, JDS is still in a position where he's never lost to anyone that he hasin't also beaten. The guy is terrific, and could still be champion again.

I can't wait to see him fight Travis Browne, Overeem, or Jose Barnatt.

Sorry in advance if old subject, but it's hard to keep up in here.

A guy from my work who knows little, but is interested in UFC, just send me a JDS highlight video and said he looked like the meanest dude he ever saw. Asked if he is the champion.... That made me think:

What is gonna happen to Cigano. I mean he's lost twice in a row. And in really bad ways to the evil Mexican thunderstorm. He's too big for 205 right??

What does he's future hold? The P4P gatekeeper of all time, or what?

If someone topples Cain, JDS is first in line for a shot. Otherwise, eventually, in a year or two, he can work his way back to another shot.

This is why I'm against instant or nearly instant rematches, barring some controversy. It leaves the second best fighter in the division in perpetual limbo.

Cain vs JDS 4 where Cain send JDS to retirement or Bellator.

Terrible pacing. You would think after the second fight that JDS would want to take his time to prepare before fight 3 happened.

But Cain is so injury prone that the same scenario could happen as in the first fight, where JDS fights a ring rusted Cain who comes back after one year lol.

Thats JDS's best shot at the title.

GOAT Gatekeeper

He's gonna pray someone finds a way to get lucky and beat Cain. Then he gets to beat that person and hold the belt for a bit

By end of 2015 (or 2016 depending on how often the injury bug hits Cain) JDS will get another chance.

Back