Junior Dos Santos future?

Der Ulrich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if old subject, but it's hard to keep up in here.

A guy from my work who knows little, but is interested in UFC, just send me a JDS highlight video and said he looked like the meanest dude he ever saw. Asked if he is the champion.... That made me think:

What is gonna happen to Cigano. I mean he's lost twice in a row. And in really bad ways to the evil Mexican thunderstorm. He's too big for 205 right??

What does he's future hold? The P4P gatekeeper of all time, or what?

maidstone01111007_468x351.jpg

Best hope is that somebody else takes that title from Cain so JDS can get another shot.

That being said, Cain vs JDS 4 WILL eventually happen.

Best hope is that somebody else takes that title from Cain so JDS can get another shot.

That being said, Cain vs JDS 4 WILL eventually happen.

I agree with both of your statements, man.

If the UFC thinks they can promote Edgar vs. Penn III, I don't see a problem with Cain vs. JDS IV in a couple of years.

He might be in that unthinkable Rich territory, but it's worse for him because there's not a division to move up to and fight interesting fights.

I can't say I favor him in a fourth fight with Cain. It will probably happen, but it feels more than unnecessary at this point. He might just fight the rest of his career at #2.

A fight with Jones would be very fun and would probably sell very well.

Knockouts.
Winner of Schaub-Arlovski would be a good fight for him.

knocking out fools.

And Cain is injury prone so we need JDS in the mix.

His future is hoping Werdum beats Cain.

JDS will continue to KO/TKO everyone else in the division. People seem to forget that he also KO'ed Cain. They are 2-1. Cain is a rough match for him but JDS is a rough match for everyone else.

What is gonna happen to Cigano. I mean he's lost twice in a row. And in really bad ways to the evil Mexican thunderstorm. He's too big for 205 right??

What does he's future hold? The P4P gatekeeper of all time, or what?

He's only 1-2 against Cain. Contrary to popular belief I'm gonna say that if JDS wins a couple of fights while looking as impressive as he usually does, there's no problem in him facing Cain yet again.

He's only 1-2 against Cain. Contrary to popular belief I'm gonna say that if JDS wins a couple of fights while looking as impressive as he usually does, there's no problem in him facing Cain yet again.

Yeah, there is a problem. No one wants to see this fight again because we all know who is going to win again. Cain will dominate again in a one sided fight.

If Penn-Edgar or Tito-Chuck could headline a card although everyone knows who the better fighter is, then Cain-JDS IV lol.

Yeah, there is a problem. No one wants to see this fight again because we all know who is going to win again. Cain will dominate again in a one sided fight.

He probably will. But if JDS wins a couple of fights in impressive ways, the fight is still very marketable.

He'll continue being the most feared striker at HW until there is literally no other choice to do Cain - JDS IV after JDS has handed a concision to all top contenders

The sad thing is that while waiting for JDS/Cain IV, Cain is most likely going to get injured again somehow. The dude is an injury magnet, and that shit wears you down. So by the time JDS/Cain IV happens there is a good chance that Cain will look like leaky-gut Brock or post-surgery GSP, or maybe even current Cruz. Therefore, we might yet see JDS wear the strap again.

Just like in their first fight!

Yeah cain might just beat him again, but JDS can still land that 1 punch (as he already did) that will put him out. Getting your ass handed to you two times in a row, will either make or break him. I'm betting it will motivate him to be at his best in their next fight to make it all square. Will he win? Who knows.

Also, Cain is way to injury prone and they will catch up to him, and it probably will be soon. This sport is way to violent, and injuries will be his downfall.

Back