Jump rope day after MT class?

• Thread starter Deleted member 64073
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 64073

Im worn out right now, but more of a mental tire. I had MT class last night and it wore me out and it shouldnt so im wondering if I could jump rope now today, or should i let my body rest?

to sum it up Cardio next day after Cardio?

Depends on your body, cardio is key so working it is never bad, but if you are sore don't work it. listen to your body

I feel fine just a little tired, but not sore.

ACR4V3N said:
I feel fine just a little tired, but not sore.

Ah the good old days of MT, I was sore very sore after my first class. I would advise you to let your body rest. Letting your body recover is is key especially in regard to MT. I've been training MT for about 3 1/2 years now, and let me tell you what you went through last night is nothing you will soon find out what you are in for.

if your just tired go for it i find that if i train while tired some times i get better cardio results but like it was mentioned earlier listen to your body no one here can tell you when to rest or not. try it and take it easy at frist if no problems take it up a knotch but if your body is really not feeling up to it jsut relax

Just watch out for overtraining.

Especially in the beginning, this can happen.

If you start feeling some of these symptoms: insomnia, anxiety, apathy, unwillingness to train, irritability, lack of appetite etc, and you can't attribute them to anything else, it is possible that you are overtraining and skipping a day or two (or week) may be a good idea.

This doesn't mean stop training every time you don't feel like it, but if you get several of these symptoms all of a sudden and you don't seem to recover well after trainings, maybe you jumped in too deep and you need to work up to that level first.

Speaking as an older guy, I can say one thing you might want to watch out for is doing two days in a row of cardio that has impact on your joints. Gotta give 'em time to heal. You might want to so some low impact cardio, like swimming, riding the bike, or the eliptical machine. If you bang up your joints everyday you'll feel it as you get older.

personally you may not be in the greatest shape, work your way up and get your cardio great, just yesterday i did a 2 hour wrestling practice and then came home and did another hour cardio work out, i did the same thing today, ive gotten my self to the point where i can do cardio every day, get your self to that point and then work it every day to keep in peek conditioning.

if you feel that your body can take it then why not? cardio IS important. but if you feel that you're going to get sick the next day if you train, then don't.

If your new to MT rest ntil you build up your stanima and edurance

How about fighting through the pain in your shins. I have been doing MT for a few weeks and I cannot kick hard because it kills my shins. I took a week off came back and the first kick on the heavy bag felt crippling. Should I just work through it or take more time off?

Mojorisin99 said:
How about fighting through the pain in your shins. I have been doing MT for a few weeks and I cannot kick hard because it kills my shins. I took a week off came back and the first kick on the heavy bag felt crippling. Should I just work through it or take more time off?

considering that it may be shin splints, i would say go see a doctor, but we're not all financially blessed

I've switched the focus of my workouts in the past year or so to have a heavy emphasis on cardio. I used to be huge into weights but now, I try to get a cardio workout in about 5 dyas a week and lift maybe twice a week. I think having good cardio is VERY important. Besides, jump rope isn't that tough on the body.

jump roping is one of those things i feel is good to do even if youre really sore because the only muscles it really uses is the calves and shoulders and it gets the blood flowing which seems to speed up recovery for me

Go for it man, fuck the thais train 2 times a day 3 hours eache time 6 days a week (i wish i could say i did to, but i was to lazy...)

Back