News July 13th Jaron 'Boots' Ennis vs David Avanesyan DAZN

Great fight for Hackett! Dobson collecting some good paydays after building a paper thin record.

Guess it’s good we got a date this guy is actually gonna fight again, but goddamn this has been some anticlimactic shit with Boots. Turki needs to get a real fight signed for Boots.

Real bummer for Cody and boxing fans. Love him or hate him, he's never in a boring round and has the balls to fight Boots. Hope Eddie finds a decent replacement. Options seem limited.

Turki the type of guy to hopefully find an even bigger step up for Boots.

I wouldn't mind seeing him beatdown Cobb but I would mind hearing Cobb's scripted cringe on repeat. He literally just copies Rick Flair's 80s & 90s promos but is pretty shitty and corny about it. Anything for attention I guess. He should take his AB winnings and invest in a writer or some new lines.

Fight is rumored to be the co-main to Canelo on May 4th PBC Amazon PPV card.

Boots is in a bad era and has bad management. He's not even a young man anymore. Didn't SRL retire by his age? Boots hasn't even had a championship fight, has he? Wasted years.

Boots is in a bad era and has bad management. He's not even a young man anymore. Didn't SRL retire by his age? Boots hasn't even had a championship fight, has he? Wasted years.
All that changes if he moves up to 154. I think it makes more sense for the man to campaign at 154 even if he doesn't go after the belts right away. So many more bigger name options that he should be able to beat just as easy.

-He's huge for 147 anyways

-The other next heir apparent and his Mexican counterpart for can't miss prospect Vergil Ortiz is long gone from 147

-Pac is gone. Porter is gone. Ugas is gone

-The greats and big names for 147 that are still active have outgrown the division. Spence & Crawford. You can even say Thurman & Danny Garcia from last era too.

-154 was already stacked with natural names & talent prior to all the best Welterweights moving up. Charlo, Tzyu, Harrison, Fundora, Castano, Ramos, Zayas Lubin, Guasha etc....

-No way the big name Twitter finger warriors 140 and under are moving to Welterweight for any meaningful fights. Especially after how Haney got smashed by an overweight Garcia. Tank, Stevenson, Haney, & Lopez know better. Loma & Tank are too small. Cruz & Matias still trying to chase the names above.

-Ryan Garcia would of been a great option but he got himself suspended by being a drug cheat.

-Crowly has an interesting story and message. Tough dude. But Boots heavily favored & eye injuries are pretty serious. Could be career ending.

If Boots is who they say he is it hurts his career more by collecting weaker diminished belts at 147 instead of feasting on the bigger name mid-tier 154 guys.
Current Super Welterweight might be one of the most stacked divisions in my lifetime as a boxing fan.

His options for good fights at 147 are extremely limited to:

-Benn would be a similar fight to Garcia. Easy win, but big name with big fanbase. International appeal

-Stannionis legit showdown with another undefeated rising star at 147. But higher risk low reward. Very unheralded guy. Hasn't really fought anyone either.

-Barrios a good scrap vs a tough tested veteran champion that is having a career resurgence. But a bit unheralded.

Other than these fights above interesting fights for him at 147 dont seem that likely. & realistically that should be 1 year worth of fights for any active bad ass champion.

Last edited:
Man, I’m really disappointed we’ve been waiting to see dude in action for so long and now we are talking a replacement a month and 5 days out. First of all, when has this dude ever looked vulnerable to be moved so carefully to begin with? Crowley might’ve been fun but he was tailor made. And now he isn’t even the opponent. I’m not holding out much hope for the replacement, either. Boots handling starting to remind me of someone else’s, tbh.

Man, I’m really disappointed we’ve been waiting to see dude in action for so long and now we are talking a replacement a month and 5 days out. First of all, when has this dude ever looked vulnerable to be moved so carefully to begin with? Crowley might’ve been fun but he was tailor made. And now he isn’t even the opponent. I’m not holding out much hope for the replacement, either. Boots handling starting to remind me of someone else’s, tbh.
Yeah its been disappointing. This is a guy who should be fast tracked, not delayed further.

Damn, no shit. Guess we really are witnessing a weak era.

Not may compare to SRL though.

Back