Julio Diaz vs David Torres Tonight on ESPN2

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Julio Diaz SC David Torres
Henry Buchanan SC Brian Norman

Former champ Julio Diaz looks to get back in the mix and he faces the undefeated David Torres. Diaz has not fought since he lost his belt to Juan "no relation" Diaz. This is a must watch fight as Diaz always impresses on ESPN, and did I mention that this is their annual card at the Playboy Mansion? That's right, Hef and the girls will be on hand with other random celebrities in this invite only event. Opening things up is the decent Henry "Sugar Poo" Buchanan against the anonymous Brian Norman. Fights start late at 11, enjoy.

I'm certainly not going to watch it. Not because it doesn't sound interesting, but on the principle of the thing. Holding a fight or any other sporting event on an "invitation only" basis simply isn't right. The CSAC shouldn't have sanctioned it and ESPN2 shouldn't be showing it.

I'm certainly not going to watch it. Not because it doesn't sound interesting, but on the principle of the thing. Holding a fight or any other sporting event on an "invitation only" basis simply isn't right. The CSAC shouldn't have sanctioned it and ESPN2 shouldn't be showing it.

Why not?

do you know why this fight is a private function?

Have to be at the gym around that time. I'll catch the replay at midnight.

I'll be watching it while I shadow box and yell at one of the fighters.
While my wife rolls her eyes as she walks into the kitchen to get something to eat...
and my cat jumps at my leg as I'm bouncing around.

I'll be watching it while I shadow box and yell at one of the fighters.
While my wife rolls her eyes as she walks into the kitchen to get something to eat...
and my cat jumps at my leg as I'm bouncing around.

Cats. I knew MC was teh ghey :icon_chee

lol "The Big Red Machine" Jason Peterson looks just like Rory Singer.

Interviewing Mora between rounds. This fuckin' guy...

He says he wants Pavlik in the August. Make it happen baby!

Yeah I can't believe Mora calls out both pavlik's name and De La Hoya's name as possible fights.

Diaz looked crisp, sharp, and well prepared in this fight. But Torres didn't exactly make it difficult for Julio to connect. I think David was biting off a little more than he can chew by fighting Diaz. But much respect to him for taking the fight.

Back