• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. to fight Anderson Silva on June 19

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn... a shopworn James Toney at 53 would probably put up a better fight than Chavez Jr at 35.

Congrats to Anderson Silva, but JCC Jr. looked like he started boxing 3 months ago.

Last edited:
It's not really the point though.

On no planet should a 55-5 former world champion lose to a 46 year old washed up and retired MMA fighter that was 1-1 in boxing.
There is no real excuse so the answer is quite obvious. The reality is the top MMA strikers are very good despite purists saying they are shit.
Would Silva have been a world champion? No, but if he took boxing seriously instead of MMA he could have been a contender. This says a lot about the quality of the top MMA strikers which many ppl discount.

How can you tell the difference with such a confidence that he could have been a contender but not a champion? If he could have been a contender it means he could have fought for the belt multiple times. The point is its impossible to know how good he would have been as a boxer. Maybe he would have been an exceptional talent, or just a journeyman, who knows.

I honestly think you are going overboard. Do you even follow boxing? You do know who chavez is right? He's a joke. He doesn't train. He smokes weed in every training camp, he came in overweight which sums it up. It doesn't magically mean Anderson beats a decent boxer or that mma fighters suddenly have better hands then they actually do. You are reaching now totally.

55-5 coming into this bought as a former world titleholder. If Chavez is a joke then boxing is a joke.

Also please define a "decent boxer". Because it seems to me according to many fans if you're not the champ then your "trash", Whereas if you are even top 20 in most other top sport your superstar. Only fight fans are so fickle.

55-5 coming into this bought as a former world titleholder. If Chavez is a joke then boxing is a joke.

Also please define a "decent boxer". Because it seems to me according to many fans if you're not the champ then your "trash", Whereas if you are even top 20 in most other top sport your superstar. Only fight fans are so fickle.

Records don't matter anymore once your dedication is nil I mean having watched highlights of this fight I'm not surprised how chavez looked. Its not the same fighter from 5.years ago never mind 10. You do know he won the belt like 10 years ago? Did u watch the martinez fight? Did u watch the build up? I've never seen so one so unprofessional in my life. The guy was smoking weed on 247, freddie roach was waiting in the gym for 2 hours and chavez was asleep in his room with pink underwear on. Then he woke up and did pads in his living room. That's why boxing fans laugh at chavez nw and consider him a joke. Because he is a joke. Not putting down Anderson achievement here which is impressive. But you have y to have CONTEXT. it's easy bringing up someone's record but how have they looked recently? Well chavez lost to a nobody 2 fights ago , a complete journeyman. Does he train? Nope. Does he smoke weed in camps? Yes? Did he even try to make weight? Nope. Is that a fighter who u think is disciplined and cares? That's the point I'm making that's all. It's not hard to understand.

Silva smoked your boy, and Vitor will do the same

I love the tears from Boxing fans here. Keep them coming.

In the actual boxing websites there's barely any talk as they are trying to act like this fight didn't happen. Over here, the tears do flow steady.

Records don't matter anymore once your dedication is nil I mean having watched highlights of this fight I'm not surprised how chavez looked. Its not the same fighter from 5.years ago never mind 10. You do know he won the belt like 10 years ago? Did u watch the martinez fight? Did u watch the build up? I've never seen so one so unprofessional in my life. The guy was smoking weed on 247, freddie roach was waiting in the gym for 2 hours and chavez was asleep in his room with pink underwear on. Then he woke up and did pads in his living room. That's why boxing fans laugh at chavez nw and consider him a joke. Because he is a joke. Not putting down Anderson achievement here which is impressive. But you have y to have CONTEXT. it's easy bringing up someone's record but how have they looked recently? Well chavez lost to a nobody 2 fights ago , a complete journeyman. Does he train? Nope. Does he smoke weed in camps? Yes? Did he even try to make weight? Nope. Is that a fighter who u think is disciplined and cares? That's the point I'm making that's all. It's not hard to understand.

Everything you say is valid but it's also valid to say that he didn't suddenly develop boxing amnesia. He didn't forget how to punch after a lifetime of dedicating his craft and skills.

Even without training seriously, logic dictates that a person with that level of boxing knowledge and skill should have overrun a 1-1 washed-up 46-year old MMArtist. He should simply run rings around him without even trying.
But he didn't b/c Silva can actually box.

I am simply pointing out that it's disrespectful to Silva and MMA to tarnish this victory by labeling the opponent as a joke, which happens all the time with fight fans (not just boxing).

You are right, Chavez is not the world-beater that he once was, but Silva beating him proves that there are MMA athletes that have very good hands. I prob should not have trolled as much as I did, but this fight does highlight that a lot of talk about MMA fighters being terrible strikers and "D-level" athletes (not accusing you of saying this) is simply a purist's fantasy to make them feel better about their chosen sport.

Chavez is a decent boxer and was outclassed by a retired non-boxer. I think that context is important also.

In the actual boxing websites there's barely any talk as they are trying to act like this fight didn't happen. Over here, the tears do flow steady.

Maybe if he beats rjj (Imo it's 50/50) but not charvez Jr (I bet 99% of boxing fans don't like him lmao)

Everything you say is valid but it's also valid to say that he didn't suddenly develop boxing amnesia. He didn't forget how to punch after a lifetime of dedicating his craft and skills.

Even without training seriously, logic dictates that a person with that level of boxing knowledge and skill should have overrun a 1-1 washed-up 46-year old MMArtist. He should simply run rings around him without even trying.
But he didn't b/c Silva can actually box.

I am simply pointing out that it's disrespectful to Silva and MMA to tarnish this victory by labeling the opponent as a joke, which happens all the time with fight fans (not just boxing).

You are right, Chavez is not the world-beater that he once was, but Silva beating him proves that there are MMA athletes that have very good hands. I prob should not have trolled as much as I did, but this fight does highlight that a lot of talk about MMA fighters being terrible strikers and "D-level" athletes (not accusing you of saying this) is simply a purist's fantasy to make them feel better about their chosen sport.

Chavez is a decent boxer and was outclassed by a retired non-boxer. I think that context is important also.

Yeh it's more embrassing for chavez moreso then boxing at this point. I know he was world champ at one point but he was never highly rated either. Now he's declined plus no Dedication I would put him at journeyman level at best.

Yeh it's more embrassing for chavez moreso then boxing at this point. I know he was world champ at one point but he was never highly rated either. Now he's declined plus no Dedication I would put him at journeyman level at best.
Chavez Jr has embarrassed himself, his family and boxing a half dozen times or more over the past 10 years. I'm glad Anderson beat him, honestly. I'd hope this would be the last nail in the coffin of that retards career.

LOL SILVA BOUT TO GET HIS ASS BEAT!!!

and nobody mentioned it because no one cares about this or what that dirty ped cheat Silva does.
The amount of retards united in this thread are glorious

<{silvanormal}>

Chavez Jr has embarrassed himself, his family and boxing a half dozen times or more over the past 10 years. I'm glad Anderson beat him, honestly. I'd hope this would be the last nail in the coffin of that retards career.
Truth.

Well, this is because we are on an MMA website. Anderson Silva is really where the interest lied in this fight. Practically no one watched Chavez's last couple fights. I didn't watch his previous fight, and I only watched his fight before that because I'd heard he'd quit against an unknown in it and am always up for watching Chavez Jr get beat.

No one at my boxing gym knew this fight was happening when I was talking there on Friday, and it's full of hardcores who watch as much as possible.

Maybe if he beats rjj (Imo it's 50/50) but not charvez Jr (I bet 99% of boxing fans don't like him lmao)

Anderson would beat RJJ at this point imo, Roy has so little left and Anderson looked pretty good.

These mma stans are always on some Jan Brady shit w/ boxing. I love both sports. Jr went full Jr. Anderson's my guy, love him. I bet on him to win this and he clearly did. It is what it is, there's no reason this needs to be talked about as a commentary on how the health of the sport is b/c this fucking malook once again embarrassed himself and his family by not even showing up. Anderson looked good tho and I'm happy he won. That's all there is to it.

How they hell is Chavez senior only 58???? I was a kidding watching his fights. I guess it makes sense, I just figured he was older.

Meanwhile…. This guy is 76

screen-shot-2020-05-05-at-5.02.01-pm.jpg

Glad Jr lost. Was it embarassing for him, outside of the whole boxing vs MMA angle? Did he look like avsolute shit?

I hope so. Misses weight again for like the millionth time. Lazy POS and always makes excuses.

Back