• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. to fight Anderson Silva on June 19

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, I found it on YouTube and finally watched. Was awful. Even outside of the taunt, Silva would move around, Jr looked confused, not throwing shit, and Silva then jump him and throw combos and then back off.

Jr couldn't pull the trigger, not cause he is shot from beatings he has taken, but because he is a lazy sack of shit. I didn't think he could have a more embarassong performance than vs Danny Jacobs, but God damn this was pathetic

I just saw in boxrec that this wasn't even an exhibition and an actual sanctioned fight lmao
And on judge gave him the fight... It was horrible.

I don't know why this has to be about MMA vs boxing. We've seen MMA guys embarrassed in a boxing ring and boxing guys embarrassed in MMA. This should just be a celebration of the timeless combat sports genius that is Anderson Silva, who pulled off something pretty much nobody else would be capable of doing, considering his age and the circumstance. He's just a transcendent combat sports athlete.

I think it’s some kind of a validation thing for their ego.

It’s reminds me of the crossfitters who go around trying to convince everyone their form of exercise is the end-all and how every athlete should be using it.

I have to say that this made me think. And my conclussion is that Fury would have quite a good shot at becoming the first man to hold both the heavyweight championship in boxing and in the UFC.
The current UFC champion is a pure striker, and most of his opponents are beaten before they even get in the octagon with him.
Francis Ngannou on the other hand wouldn't stand a chance against Fury or Joshua in a boxing match.

I have to say that this made me think. And my conclussion is that Fury would have quite a good shot at becoming the first man to hold both the heavyweight championship in boxing and in the UFC.
The current UFC champion is a pure striker, and most of his opponents are beaten before they even get in the octagon with him.
Francis Ngannou on the other hand wouldn't stand a chance against Fury or Joshua in a boxing match.
Fury is like an athletic Tim Sylvia

which is to say he is nothing like Tim Sylvia minus being a tall big guy who boxes.

Heavyweight MMA is so weak, Fury could probably start the transition now and be a top fighter.

Back