• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Julian Assange has reached a plea deal with the U.S., allowing him to go free

We had a pbp going during that whole big reveal. Some of us iirc were up at like 2am watching Alex Jones wait desperately for Assange to drop his Clinton truth bomb. When he ended up just hawking a book, Alex Jones had no idea how to react and was just grump and bummed out. It was good times.
Something similar happened here during Pizzagate. Kim Dot Com promised his big truth bomb and kept everyone waiting, then it was: download my new music tracks. Haha.

You have been propagandized. No one died as a result of any document released from Assange.
The is the dumbest thing I have read on the interwebz this week

how do you think tactical travel is planned ? Especially in a war zone . If someone gets a hold of that info and releases it online, the enemy can obviously intercept . This did happen, people were attacked and died because of it . Spare me your ignorant bullshit

He's just a loser lefty America hater. He doesn't care if Assange got people killed.

You could show him a pile of corpses and it will still be but America from him.
Ya I don’t recall him being a regular poster here . I don’t trust the randoms..
because either they are heavily radicalized on one topic…or troll account ..

Yeah, you could have a reckless withdrawal tha gets 13 US troops killed and hands the country to the Taliban with a new $7 billion supply of military weapons.

How many are in prison for that?

Lefties were in favor of Assange and only hate him now because you're mad Hillary lost.
TR7MP's administration made that deal with the timelines set and bragged that Biden's administration couldn't back out of it. It's easy to say lefties and leave it at that but if you consider me a lefty I never backed him or Snowden because they aren't legitimate whistleblowers. They made the decision to be hackers and leakers.

I might be wrong, Jack, but I felt like you did many times. Sorry if it's not the case.
I like JVS and like reading what he writes he’s a clever individual. But he does not give an inch with intellectual honesty/tribal politics.

If he corrected that instead of trying to outsmart people he disagrees with, he would be the best poster here . I really think he gets bored and trolls with weird stupid opinion like “CNN gave Trump more favorable coverage than Hillary”

I like JVS and like reading what he writes he’s a clever individual. But he does not give an inch with intellectual honesty/tribal politics.

If he corrected that instead of trying to outsmart people he disagrees with, he would be the best poster here . I really think he gets bored and trolls with weird stupid opinion like “CNN gave Trump more favorable coverage than Hillary”
I actually agree with that, Trump received an insane amount of free press and still does.

I'm sure you've heard the saying, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Having a recognizable name means more than almost any policy you can think of to most voting Americans.

He absolutely wouldn't have been as successful in politics as he has been without the constant wall to wall coverage of everything he says and does.

I actually agree with that, Trump received an insane amount of free press and still does.

I'm sure you've heard the saying, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Having a recognizable name means more than almost any policy you can think of to most voting Americans.

He absolutely wouldn't have been as successful in politics as he has been without the constant wall to wall coverage of everything he says and does.
The main things IMO were:

1. The unethical decision to air live, unedited rally footage of Trump (and only Trump). That's basically a campaign contribution (and a really valuable one).
2. The unethical decision to hire Lewandowksi as a contributor while he had an active non-disparagement agreement with a candidate.
3. The general decision to replace principled rightist commentators who had criticisms of Trump with fawning fan boys.
4. The wildly disproportionate coverage of Clinton's email thing, which gave the impression that it was a much bigger scandal than anything Trump did.

The first three were obviously ratings-driven, but I've never made a comment about intention. The last one was following the NYT, I think, and it was a general flaw in MSM coverage.

That CNN fucked up on 2016 coverage with those specific decision is largely uncontroversial among serious media analysts.

Back