1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

judo tournament

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by mma-lee, Nov 14, 2005.

1. mma-lee

mma-lee Orange Belt

It's been a while since I made a thread but ironically like a year ago, this is about a judo tourney coming up.

I got a tournament on Dec 3rd and I currently weight about 67.8 kgs. I am a orange belt, therefore I will fight with orange, greens, and blues. I've been trying to gain weight for a while but now I question if I should cut to 66kg or just keep lifting weights, doing judo, and eat!

If I stick with my weight I will be in the 67-73 Kg division. If I drop I will be in 66kg-60kg division.

Thoughts?

2. killer_kicks88

killer_kicks88 Green Belt

yes, cut weight, it's so very little weight to cut to fight much lighter people, trust me, i have been the lightest in my weight class and the heaviest, it feels MUCH better to be heavier than the rest/equal weight

3. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

4 lbs? you can do that the day before weigh ins. you're gonna fight in the 66 kg division for sure. i wouldn't even worry about it. talk to a wrestler about cutting before a match and you're in like flynn. just keep doing what you're doing and maybe cut our weights a week and a half before the tourney.

4. SmashiusClay

SmashiusClay Avatar of Cyttorak

1.8 kgs? you can cut that by skipping breakfast, you certainly dont want to end up in a category with people who cut to make the limit and thereby outweigh you by 8 or so kilos.