Judo And Jiu-Jitsu moves

Great video files.

Great post!

Love the throw on the Yoshida competition clip.

judogido said:
Love the throw on the Yoshida competition clip.

http://judoinfo.com/images/video/yoshida.mpg

Absolutely. A text book classical Utsuri Goshi. I've seen a better angle of it somewhere else online, but I can't remember where.

utsurigoshi.gif

BTW, on any given night you could walk into a BJJ gym and see techniques from the Judo links being practiced, and likewise show up at a Judo dojo and work on techniques from the BJJ links all night. THe techniques are not exclusive. The links show the emphasis of each style. Obviously most BJJers / Judoka with any time under their belts already realize this.
Thanks Razer, I think these are the two best websites out there right now for technique clips. Good idea to post them together.

Have a look at the -- Honorato (BRA) vs Yoshida (JPN) competition clip from the 2000 Sydney Games. I was there and was video'ing it.

Replay it in slo-mo and you'll see Yoshida put his arm down & it bends backwards the wrong way. As he later rolls over you see the arm flop around loose at the elbow. In my clip it looks horrible and very clear at the point of impact.

Regrettably I lent the video to someone who managed to freaking LOSE IT - so I wasted my freaking time looking at the 2000 Games through a handycam viewfinder.

judogido said:
Utsuri uchimata?

Not sure what happened to my post. Originally the link went right to Yoshida throwing his opponent with an Utsuri Goshi and I had an animated gif of Utsuri Goshi. A half hour ago it was all there. Now the link just goes to JudoInfo and not the specific Yoshida clip, and the gif has disappeared from my post. I'm confused????

judogido said:
Have a look at the -- Honorato (BRA) vs Yoshida (JPN) competition clip from the 2000 Sydney Games. I was there and was video'ing it.

Replay it in slo-mo and you'll see Yoshida put his arm down & it bends backwards the wrong way. As he later rolls over you see the arm flop around loose at the elbow. In my clip it looks horrible and very clear at the point of impact.

Regrettably I lent the video to someone who managed to freaking LOSE IT - so I wasted my freaking time looking at the 2000 Games through a handycam viewfinder.

Now I see the confusion. You're talking about the Honorato Vs Yoshida clip. I'm talking about the Ippon for Yoshida clip. Two different matches. I wonder if my gif link to Utsuri Goshi somehow "timed out."

They've fixed their site so you can't post pictures or clips, you have to go via the main page. Annoying.

Bubble Boy said:
Now I see the confusion. You're talking about the Honorato Vs Yoshida clip. I'm talking about the Ippon for Yoshida clip. Two different matches. I wonder if my gif link to Utsuri Goshi somehow "timed out."
Nah, mate I WAS talking about Yoshida's ippon at first. Second post/comment about his injury was unrelated.

Yoshida seemed to do the switching hip to uchimata - rather than to ogoshi, hence "utsuri uchimata". I dunno if it would still be called Utsuri Goshi if the end throw was not a 'goshi.

judogido said:
Nah, mate I WAS talking about Yoshida's ippon at first. Second post/comment about his injury was unrelated.

Yoshida seemed to do the switching hip to uchimata - rather than to ogoshi, hence "utsuri uchimata". I dunno if it would still be called Utsuri Goshi if the end throw was not a 'goshi.

Ok, now I'm with ya. I'd agree with Utsuri Uchimata if he finishes with the leg reaping his opponents inner leg. Sounds about right.

Half Boston Crab, very annoying that sites do the "link only to the main page" thing.

TTT

Had to bump this thread as it has a lot of really good BJJ and Judo demos. This would be an excellent sticky IMO.

Back