Judo 4 x 2 hour sessions a week...

Wild Dan Hibiki

Black Belt
Reaction score
How many times a week should i lift? Will i be able to get away with 3 as i've normally been doing? or should i cut it down to 2?

i was thinking 2 heavy days (monday, friday), 1 light day (wednesday)

what do you guys think?

i'll prob be training judo mon, tue, thur, fri depending on the other peoples uni schedules.

man... 4x2hour sessions, I would probably stick with two... but if you are used to the judo then you could probably get away with 3 ok.

I have a piece of string

Using your mind rays tell me...how long is it???

*pokes with stick*

I'm just fucking with ya.
How long you have been doing judo regularly dictates the intensity of anything extra. I would say usually you can introduce once a week weights for a few weeks to adapt then throw in another one and you're good. You get a day off then (assuming you can't double up some days).

How many times a week should i lift? Will i be able to get away with 3 as i've normally been doing? or should i cut it down to 2?

i was thinking 2 heavy days (monday, friday), 1 light day (wednesday)

what do you guys think?

i'll prob be training judo mon, tue, thur, fri depending on the other peoples uni schedules.

What's your goal?
Are there Judo tournaments coming up; is competition performance crucial to you?
Or are you more of a recreational guy?
etc.

Hard to say exactly (depends on your goals), but I think you can lift a lot in the "off season", drop it off incrementally approaching tournaments, and then not lift at all a couple weeks out.

I would say it depends on what kind of class/week you have had.

Lift on days, or the day after, which the class has been mostly technique orientated rather than sparring, for example.

well to be honest i just got back into judo after a 1.5 year layoff. i joined the uni club today. the judo ti****ble hasn't been decided yet but im expecting that they will probably train 4 times a week. i'll see if i can train with them only 3 times a week. they seem pretty lenient with attendance, very laid back here i guess.

goals... hmm.. general fitness and strength? i'm not looking to compete anytime soon since i'm just getting back into it. maybe i'm putting too much on my plate but yeah it would be awesome if i can cope with 3-4 times judo and 3 times a week lifting.

btw i'm officially 21 today, wish me a happy birthday :p

well to be honest i just got back into judo after a 1.5 year layoff. i joined the uni club today. the judo ti****ble hasn't been decided yet but im expecting that they will probably train 4 times a week. i'll see if i can train with them only 3 times a week. they seem pretty lenient with attendance, very laid back here i guess.

goals... hmm.. general fitness and strength? i'm not looking to compete anytime soon since i'm just getting back into it. maybe i'm putting too much on my plate but yeah it would be awesome if i can cope with 3-4 times judo and 3 times a week lifting.

btw i'm officially 21 today, wish me a happy birthday :p

You're at uni?

You'll cope doing whatever you want you bastard. Build up into it and eat and sleep a lot (I hate you for being a student btw).

Congrats at being 21, go squat then run to celebrate

You'll be lucky to get 2 if you are hardcore into Judo.
I do the 4 x 2 and if your training with good people in randori all the time, lifting the way the S & P suggests will be difficult.
I do one good lift session a week and a few pussy ones thrown in after Judo sometimes. Remember the importance of recovery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back