JRE: Jose Aldo accusations?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Below is a video of JRE podcast with Joe Rogan and Ari Shaffir.

Around the 12.00 minute mark Joe once again starts making suggestions of Jose Aldo being on foreign illegal substances. Now, he's been guilty of doing this in tandem with Brendan Schaub on numerous other episodes of this same podcast.

When he started doing it at first, Jose's coach heard it and went off on them both of them and anyone else accusing. He posted pictures of all of Jose's WEC and UFC weigh-in images and he pretty much looked the same for years and years. Joe then profusely apologized to Jose and said he was proven wrong and was only joking.

He, and so many others continue to make these accusations and jokes still to this point.

My questions are these:

1. Does he even look like someone on steroids?
2. Is he an older fighter in need of TRT or uppers for his recovery?
3. Is he someone who may be on roids, because he's never injured and recovers super quick?
4. Is it just because he's a successful Brazilian fighter, that he gets this bullshit? RDA gets the same treatment?

I think I have answers for questions 2 and 3 already, and that is that he isn't even 30, so it's not an age thing. Also, he is always injured and has had several long stints out of the cage with injury, so it's not like he's on this super juice where he recovers super quick. He seems very human to me.

Thoughts?

Rogan is very biased and attention-hungry.

Meh. The whole debacle in Rio raised questions to people looking to find something.
Truth is, he was never caught in anything, and he's been tested every single fight, and now randomly like any other UFC fighter.

I hate these stupid accusations because it is a clear bias.
If you assume the fighters you like to be clean, you have to assume others are clean as well.
If you think Aldo is juicing, you have to assume every other fighter in the UFC is as well. For they are tested as much as he is.

He was a dominant champion in a dirty era. Does anyone really need rogan to say it? Testing was what it was. No out of competition testing plus IV's for blood doping etc.

Aldo needs the horsemeat

Lol at Joe 'only joking'

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe doesn't renew his contract with the UFC in August when it's up. He is saying some pretty over the top shit lately.

But he believes Brock as an all natty athletic beast specimen lol
hes a UFC shill

He was a dominant champion in a dirty era. Does anyone really need rogan to say it? Testing was what it was. No out of competition testing plus IV's for blood doping etc.
Agreed in that regard, but couldn't Faber just as likely be on roids?

Never hear that though...

Now as a greek i have to say,we have known for a long time about brazilian ped's(due to soccer ) that are hard to detect,brought by coaches from brazil.A player of my team almost died of kidney failure from those.

On the other hand though i doubt there are many top fighters that are clean...

And also the fact that joe is american,he understandably is positively predisposed towards american athletes.The fact there have been some extreme cases of brazilian fighters caught for ped's doesn't help either.

Last edited:
He only accuses fighters who the UFC management don't like or not very marketable fighters.

Hoe Jogan makes money by stirring the pot, it's kind of like getting mad at a comedian for saying funny shit, which by the way Joe isn't, funny that is.

I just assume that everybody is on steroids except Bisping and BJ.

My questions are these:

3. Is he someone who may be on roids, because he's never injured and recovers super quick?
4. Is it just because he's a successful Brazilian fighter, that he gets this bullshit? RDA gets the same treatment?

5. Is it because he wormed his way out of a test when NAC came to town, then signed an autograph for the Brazilian guy who eventually tested him a day or two later?

My questions are these:

What does an athlete on EPO look like?
What does an athlete on Aicar look like?

Why do you assume that PED's just means muscle building steroids? Its not 1972

Back