Joshua moving forward: what is your take/prediction?

1) I think it will depend on how good an account of himself Usyk gives in his next few fights as a HW. If he cleans house, then he’s basically an ATG and there’s no shame in losing to this breed. If he gets blasted by Fury or Wilder, well, it may look different for AJ.

2) He should take it IMO. The bigger fights the better as long as he can get them. He can do things differently. AJ adjusted well for Ruiz II. Can he adjust differently for Usyk II ? I would like to know.

3) Once again he has the tools and he already showed he could bounce back. He didn’t turn into a joke overnight. It’s all about how bad he wants to be a factor again.
I feel like that depends a lot of Fury too. On paper, Fury should be an absolute nightmare for Usyk. About as tall a HW as you’re going to see and about as skilled and about as willing to do whatever he can get away with too.

The flip side is him being so incredibly flaky, so there’s always that possibility that Usyk wins him and that would really put Usyk over as a great even if the Fury that showed up looked like absolute ass.

Back