Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Durinho Added To UFC Fight Night March 21st in Brazil

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Glad to See The Punk back. Gilbert is a good prospect, but this is too much, too soon for him. I'll take Thomson by TKO.

Never heard of Durinho, any good gifs out there?

9-0, BJJ champion training out of The Blackzilians. Here's his last win. 2-0 in the UFC.

Gilbert%2BBurns%2BSubmits%2BChristos%2BGiagos%2Bby%2BArmbar%2BUFC%2B179.gif

Good to see the Punk back! Haven't heard of Durinho before.

I like Gilbert Burns but I don't see how he wins this fight. He hasn't put it all together yet.

I'm a big Thomson fan, but he's on the downhill slide. Wouldn't surprise me if he dropped the decision or something, but he SHOULD win handily given his skill and experience. This is a guy who KO'd Nate Diaz and took Benson Henderson to the absolute limit. He should be fighting top 5s but he's too inconsistent. That loss against Bobby Green really sucks in hindsight... Such a crappy fight, too.

thought it was gil melendez haha, ohwell should be good scrap, toss up depending on which josh shows up, never seen other guy fight but josh is consistently inconsistent, or is he inconsistently consistent?

I thought Josh beat Henderson and Bobby Green tbh. Sure, he's 36 and he's talking about retirement a lot, but this should be an easy fight.

I'm a big Thomson fan, but he's on the downhill slide. Wouldn't surprise me if he dropped the decision or something, but he SHOULD win handily given his skill and experience. This is a guy who KO'd Nate Diaz and took Benson Henderson to the absolute limit. He should be fighting top 5s but he's too inconsistent. That loss against Bobby Green really sucks in hindsight... Such a crappy fight, too.

Yeah, neither guy did much in that fight, could've gone either way. I think Josh is still a top 10 fighter and should get the win here, but a decision loss wouldn't surprise me. His best years are definitely behind him but I'd like to see him go into retirement on 2 or 3 quality wins, not on some bad losses.

Feel bad for Thomson. Lost a title shot, then got robbed against Benson. Idk what was up in the Green fight but I hope he can rebound and make another run.

Surprised to see Thomson take a fight with an unknown prospect (who actually has a lot of potential).

Surprised to see Thomson take a fight with an unknown prospect (who actually has a lot of potential).

Probably hoping he could pick up the easy win, or he's broke and jumped on the first opportunity the UFC threw at him.

I don't think Thomson is really winding down. He just has performances across his career where he fights to the level of his competition.

Back