Josh Duggar accused of child molestation, resigns form FRC ***Update: Convicted***

If it happened to my daughter, I'd feel the same way. I'd be put in jail for what I'd do to any kid caught molesting my daughter. But it's more complicated because he was their son also.

well, let's say i was your other daughter, i would hate it and it would be hard for me to forgive you for leaving me because of your anger, because i need you around

but i understand nonetheless

We've all sinned.

One of the most annoying motto of believers.
That pedo went out of his way to harm other people.
Plenty of people do not do that. We are not all the same.

That guy is the scum of the earth. Many people are amazing and caring. Stop putting everybody on the same boat.

One of the most annoying motto of believers.
That pedo went out of his way to harm other people.
Plenty of people do not do that. We are not all the same.

That guy is the scum of the earth. Many people are amazing and caring. Stop putting everybody on the same boat.

Some sins cause more damage. But my statement is true.

Some sins cause more damage. But my statement is true.

True, as in your little belief system.
Maybe that is not true?

At the end of the day, saying we are all dirty because one stole a candy as a kid, while another rapes kids, is really stupid.

I had bad vibes about that family from the moment I saw them. I'm not surprised at all about this, I just wonder what's underneath it.

What if you're a baby? Have all babies sinned?

Depends on what church you're in. I grew up in the Lutheran church, they believed you're born in to sin and that's why they baptize babies as soon as possible. Other denominations think babies/children are innocent so they wait to baptize. Me personally, I think kids are assholes, studies show babies learn to lie before they even learn to speak. I may not be a Lutheran anymore, but I still believe and I agree that kids are born in to sin.

In before the "cool" atheists tell me how ignorant and stupid I am.

Maybe that is not true?

At the end of the day, saying we are all dirty because one stole a candy as a kid, while another rapes kids, is really stupid.

You conveniently left out the rest of my post. It's dishonest for you to do that, pretend that is all I said, and then call it stupid.

You conveniently left out the rest of my post. It's dishonest for you to do that, pretend that is all I said, and then call it stupid.

I took the rest out to specify and adress that stupid cliche

I am asking honestly here...what do you get out of making that post? There are a small group of what I would call "Internet atheists" that seem to engage in this stereotypical behavior of their particular group (Internet atheist). Not all atheists online mind you but rather the ones that seem to be online for the point of being atheist and for being strangely aggressive and redundant about it where any time anyone even mentions God they are there to remind people for the 1000th time that they don''t believe in him. Or mentions religion and they feel the need to remind you they don't like the bible. Or mentions faith and they feel the need to remind you they think faith is stupid. I am sure Rip knows you feel this way so what did you gain by telling him again?

What did Ripskater get out of making his post or you get out of making yours? Do you think only Christians have the right to bring up their religious viewpoints?

Absolutely everything you said can be turned around and applied to Christians tenfold.

Also, I don't use the Internet for the point of being Atheist. That comment didn't even make sense.

Ugh I feel like this family's strong faith resulted in them making so many mistakes. I feel so bad for the girls who got touched

It's just so arrogant the way people use 'god' to excuse their heinous actions. "Yeah, i gave in to temptation, but you know, i let jesus into my heart and now it's cool." It's like the second he invokes this fictitious being into his statement the rest of the believers are cool with it. It's infuriating.

Ideally yes. People like that should be offered the option of confession and absolution on their way to the gallows. We owe no soul any more than that, regardless of whether they want to try and claim some epiphantastical new found "faith" when they've been caught.

Agree with This 100%

It's just so arrogant the way people use 'god' to excuse their heinous actions. "Yeah, i gave in to temptation, but you know, i let jesus into my heart and now it's cool." It's like the second he invokes this fictitious being into his statement the rest of the believers are cool with it. It's infuriating.

I didn't hear where Josh made any excuses for his behavior.

I am asking honestly here...what do you get out of making that post? There are a small group of what I would call "Internet atheists" that seem to engage in this stereotypical behavior of their particular group (Internet atheist). Not all atheists online mind you but rather the ones that seem to be online for the point of being atheist and for being strangely aggressive and redundant about it where any time anyone even mentions God they are there to remind people for the 1000th time that they don''t believe in him. Or mentions religion and they feel the need to remind you they don't like the bible. Or mentions faith and they feel the need to remind you they think faith is stupid. I am sure Rip knows you feel this way so what did you gain by telling him again?

Most people who are very religious spout the weirdest shit. As a logical person its frustrating to hear/read.

We've all sinned. It's why Jesus died for our sins. Sounds like he's asked his victims and God to forgive him. And we know God forgives him. But there is always a consequence for our sins.

This post has zero reason to be said.

Option 1-Man commits act. Act is a supernatural sin and a mortal crime. Asks for supernatural forgiveness for supernatural sin and is absolved of supernatural guilt. Still must face mortal punishment for crime.

Option 2-Man commits act. Still must face mortal punishment for crime.

Either way, the result in the world we live in, the only world that matters in either scenario, is the exact same.

This situation is insane though. The police officer thing is nuts.

Yeah that doesn't really work for me. I'd be more comfortable with having him executed. Then him and God can talk it out.

And that would be the appropriate consequence.

Maybe that is not true?

We all know Rip is a believer, so in his eyes we are all sinners (and in my case it's pretty true). In his eyes God will judge, but he also states there are consequences. What ever charges are brought against him, and subsequent sentence he receives will be those consequences.

Last edited:
You can't make this shit up. I mean his town and congregation knew what happened but they still forgave the mother fucker for what he did.

Somewhat off topic, but I've seen shit like this in person and it is INFURIATING to the point where you just want to line these 'good, honest and forgiving' people up and punch them in the face for the pain they've caused.

Not going to go into a lot of detail, but a few years back an elderly man became a tenant at my grandmother's house. My grandmother's children immediately dislike the guy, but worry not, he dies not long after. Not long after that, we find out there's a police investigation going on involving my grandmother's house from when he lived there. No specifics because he's dead and the other's are minors, but generally he was under investigation for luring at least two underage girls there in the time he lived there.

Come to find out, he's actually got a history of this. He's a retired firefighter (from decades back) with little plaques and such about, but his daughter held her whole life that he molested her as a child (which is why he didn't move in with her, nor did she come when he died), but his wife "forgave" him, and his church and co-workers didn't believe it because he was such a good guy. A good guy with a @#$%ing list of complaints, suspicions and investigations against him. Several from women now adults who were members of his CHURCH where he helped out (who never knew about each other until they were grown up, and an of which who came forward were convinced to "forgive" him...).

Whole little close knit communities of "good people" who just can't deal with reality deciding that someone is sincere and thus forgiven while completely ignoring the reality. Group shaming victims through pressure into being part of their "forgiveness" club which just creates enforced silence and allows even more to be victimized. Just insane.

If anyone has ever done any work with or helped out any victims of molestation, it's the existence of what is effectively a "support system" for the PERPETRATOR that the community (whether it be church goers, co-workers or even FAMILY) builds that does the most harm, all in the name of "helping and healing".

Holy @#$% I'm so mad right now.

Back