Josh Clottey vs Zab Judah

XiaolinSoldier

Black Belt
Reaction score
For the vacant IBF Welterweight Title on August 2nd. With IBF Champion Antonio Margarito vacating to fight Miguel Cotto, Clottey and Judah get the opportunity to take the title.
How do you guys see this fight going? Anyone looking forward to it?
BTW its good to be back on the best boxing forum on the internet.

Clottey is going to beat him up pretty bad..

Don't worry, Zab will find a way to get 50 stitches before this fight again.

Hey.. Carl " the tooth" Williams was willing to fight anybody too.. doesn't mean he's going to win.

YouTube - Knockout Carl The Tooth Williams and Win a Free Dinner

He will look good for the first four rounds. At least most of his fights are exciting. Even though as of recent, he would be in the receiving end. And I don't even like Zab, but I got to give him some credit. But most definitely. I am the biggest supporter of Clottey here and he is going to wreck Zab. No doubt!

Is this confirmed? I thought they Zab and Shane would still fight on a later date. Sucks.

August is a long time from now. Only reason why they are getting the title shot because Margarito is going to drop the title (could have already) to fight Cotto.

i hope clottey takes this one, should be a good fight

I kind of wonder what happens in this fight once they get past the first few rounds. They both seem like they are frontrunners (Judah obviously well more believed to be this - but Clottey very well could be as well).

So if we get deeper into the fight, thats the interesting part as im not really sure what to expect, but i would assume some of the better boxing minds on here have a better idea.

I'll give it to Zab, but he has quite a knack for finding ways to lose.

I dunno, i guess it kind of depends on how good Clottey's chin is. I mean Zab has shown that (outside of the one debacle against Kostya) that he can stand up to a fair amount of punishment. Zab does have a lot of pop, but i think Clottey should be able to hold up.

Which is why despite the fact that it should be a pretty fan friendly fight, i still think it can make it to the later rounds.

Clottey's the man in this one! Judah does not look good against top competition anymore. Even though, many (including myself) keep saying he will rise to again.

My head tells me Clottey is gonna win this one and start taking his crack at the elite, but my gut keeps telling me Zab is going to come out on fire and get the KO.
Remember everyone counted Zab out after getting KTFO by Tszyu and out boxed by Spinks, and he came back with a vengeance.
Either way its a huge step in the right direction for the winner.

Clottey has a pretty good chin and Zab, IMO, has never been a big puncher at 147. However, it's his speed that kills people. He could possibly catch Clottey unexpected. It's probable. But I don't believe he will KO clottey. Anyway, it should be a great four rounds.

Clottey has a pretty good chin and Zab, IMO, has never been a big puncher at 147. However, it's his speed that kills people. He could possibly catch Clottey unexpected. It's probable. But I don't believe he will KO clottey. Anyway, it should be a great four rounds.

True that, either way its an exciting fight and good for the division.

Back