Jose Aldo is so slept on and disrespected

He's good but McGregor took his spot at 145, imo.

1 McGregor 2 Aldo 3 Faber

Mcgregor has to defend the belt before he can be considered a GOAT in any division.

Last edited:
Jones doesn't have that hand speed , this will become a problem when he gets older and he get matched up with a young contender who has the same or much bigger reach than him, and much faster than him.

i agree with you here, and i already think his age is taking it's toll. he's getting bigger and no matter what anyone says he didn't look great by Jon Jones standards vs Anthony Smith.

a younger Jones would've flattened Smith in my opinion.

i do however think he could improve his boxing. i can already see hints of him practicing a lot of boxing in his 2nd fight with Gustafsson. but i do not think he has the ability to make it an effective part of his game, i think that time has passed.

There was a time in MMA history where people honestly weren't sure who was better, Jose Aldo or Jon Jones.

In 2011 Jon Jones captured the UFC LHW championship belt, becoming the youngest Zuffa era fighter to hold gold at 23.

Two years earlier Jose Aldo destroyed Micheal Thomas Brown to become the youngest ever Zuffa champion (WEC) at 23.

Aldo went on a 9 fight win streak from there, beating the likes Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes x2, Kenny Florian and Uriah Faber. And with the exception of the second Mendes fight, none of then were particularly close. Aldos takedown defense was the stuff of legends, and long with his hands, knees and jabs - his only weakness at the time was the tendency to lead with his rear hand wildly and his poor gas tank. He was talked about in the same sentences as Jones, GSP, Fedor and Anderson - the four guys everyone with a brain acknowledge as being objectively better than everyone else.

Then came Conor, who tortured him with world play for what seemed like a full year world tour, and then stopped him in thirteen seconds. What came after were a myriad of lower body injuries the mysterious abduction of his low kicks, some more reported than others then two curb stompings by Max Holloway. But none of that takes away from the fact that the peak of Aldo's career was nearly as high as anyones in the sports history

People legitimately pick Renato and Stephen's over him in recent fights before he showed that even one foot out the door hes still easily a top 5 type FW fighter.

He recently posted that he wants to fight out his current contract and retire. Dude will retire a legend, and one of the 15 best MMA fighters to place them up and inarguably one of the two or three best FWs ever.

so when he being the goat fw being slept on

TS fucking set this up... No longer can you use the words: "Aldo" and "slept" on in the same sentence. It retriggers the spankbank memory for all the Conor Boys hearing Joe's phlegm covered throat yelling out "He slept him!"

Aldo is a GOAT
His only known weakness is being trolled
He wouldn’t last a week on Sherdog tho
Sherdog > UFC

Aldo is a wayyyy better more skilled fighter then Jones ever was, or will ever be

Jones competes in the weakest division in MMA history against people who aren't talented at all, but whom are only in the positions they are in, because LHW is so shallow and devoid of any depth or talent

All the skill, talent, and depth is at the lower weight classes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back