• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jorge's win is the equivalent of a half court shot in basketball

is there a good way to win according to sherbro logic?

if a fighter wins by early stoppage: fluke win and the other fighter would win most times
if a fighter wins by decision: they're bums and should have beat the other fighter by stoppage
if a fighter wins by stoppage after the opening moments of the fight: opponent is a can/past prime/not that good, etc.

masvidal trained the technique based on ben's style
it tells us a lot about this match-up, actually

it tells us ben is a one dimensional wrestler who shoots for obvious takedowns without any setups
a fighter training with the best gym in MMA right now picked up on that and planned accordingly
he executed the plan and beat the other fighter based on the strategy they had

it's like the only way you guys would be satisfied was if masvidal trained nothing but wrestling and somehow outwrestled askren, and even then people would say he's an old fighter coming out of retirement who faced cans in bellator

how many opening move ko's have happened in ufc history?? maybe 10...
all im saying that is hardly evidence of how a rematch would unfold. Cain jds 1 for example.
We have no evidence if he could keep him away on the feet for a prolonged period. We don't know how it would go on the ground. we don't know how it would go on the cage. If you wanna argue argue my words , cheap insults are meaningless
masvidal called the shot. He knew askren would do it because of how he fights and he's just a leg hugging wrestler. it's like we're playing pool and i say "8 ball corner pocket" then i get the 8 ball into the corner pocket and you tell me it was a "half court shot."

how many opening move ko's have happened in ufc history?? maybe 10...
all im saying that is hardly evidence of how a rematch would unfold. Cain jds 1 for example.
We have no evidence if he could keep him away on the feet for a prolonged period. We don't know how it would go on the ground. we don't know how it would go on the cage. If you wanna argue argue my words , cheap insults are meaningless

conor vs aldo
that one todd duffee fight
ronda rousey vs alexis davis
bj penn and caol uno
bj penn and matt hughes III
houston alexander against that one guy
duane let me bang bro ludwig
gray maynard had a super fast KO early in his career
ryan jimmo
houston alexander (IS FORREAL)
korean zombie has done it at least twice
oh and don't forget big rig who ended fitch's career with the first punch thrown
etc etc etc

the point is that it happens often. just because you are a cm punk casual who has only seen it once, doesn't mean you can generalize and apply your experience to an entire sport BUDDEH

I don't down play it all. He won that 100 percent no excuses. but id still favor ben in a rematch is all im saying. That is a 1 in 100 move. fastest in ufc history. aka it has never happened before. you really think he gunna run out there and do it again lmfao we still don't even know if he can stop the grappling for a prolonged period. we don't know if he could keep him away on the feet for a prolonged period. I don't look at fights half blind like most of you casuals do who hate 1 guy and cheer blindly for the other. I simply look at matchups and styles and break them down

You are the one who sounds like the casual with posts like this one. Of course it wouldn't happen again unless they fought 1000's of times. Every knockout is random regardless if it happens 5 seconds or in the 5th round. But he certainly could knock Ben out again very easily. Not saying for sure it would happen in the next fight but he's more than capable.
Do you not understand that fighters throw 100's of punches every fight and every single ko is random and takes a little luck?
You don't know if Jorge can stop the grapple huh? And what the fuck do we know about Askren other than he crushes cans and was gifted a victory when he should have lost against Robbie? 2 fights into his UFC career and he has given us more questions about his abilities than answers. All we know so far is that he has taken a ton of CTE in 2 fights and not proven that he's a top contender at WW. His greatest moments so far in the UFC will be shown in highlight clips forever with him getting slammed on his head by Robbie and then the record he set by acting like a rookie and ducking into a flying knee in 5 seconds.

is there a good way to win according to sherbro logic?

if a fighter wins by early stoppage: fluke win and the other fighter would win most times
if a fighter wins by decision: they're bums and should have beat the other fighter by stoppage
if a fighter wins by stoppage after the opening moments of the fight: opponent is a can/past prime/not that good, etc.

masvidal trained the technique based on ben's style
it tells us a lot about this match-up, actually

it tells us ben is a one dimensional wrestler who shoots for obvious takedowns without any setups
a fighter training with the best gym in MMA right now picked up on that and planned accordingly
he executed the plan and beat the other fighter based on the strategy they had

it's like the only way you guys would be satisfied was if masvidal trained nothing but wrestling and somehow outwrestled askren, and even then people would say he's an old fighter coming out of retirement who faced cans in bellator
all that bullshit you wrote yet still fail to counter any of my points

all that bullshit you wrote yet still fail to counter any of my points

you fail to grasp the real point, which is that while it's fun to speculate about matchups, these guys had a REAL FIGHT
and we saw how it went. one guy knocked the other guy out. all questions are answered, buddeh

You are the one who sounds like the casual with posts like this one. Of course it wouldn't happen again unless they fought 1000's of times. Every knockout is random regardless if it happens 5 seconds or in the 5th round. But he certainly could knock Ben out again very easily. Not saying for sure it would happen in the next fight but he's more than capable.
Do you not understand that fighters throw 100's of punches every fight and every single ko is random and takes a little luck?
You don't know if Jorge can stop the grapple huh? And what the fuck do we know about Askren other than he crushes cans and was gifted a victory when he should have lost against Robbie? 2 fights into his UFC career and he has given us more questions about his abilities than answers. All we know so far is that he has taken a ton of CTE in 2 fights and not proven that he's a top contender at WW. His greatest moments so far in the UFC will be shown in highlight clips forever with him getting slammed on his head by Robbie and then the record he set by acting like a rookie and ducking into a flying knee in 5 seconds.
5 sec fight with 1 shot thrown. fair play he won. I have given him credit many times already. just saying we hardly know how a prolonged fight would play out.
go watch gsp serra 2, cain jds 2 and 3. edgar maynard 2 and 3
go watch wandy vs rampage 3 and 4.
guy who wins the 1st time hardly means that's how the fight would go if they fought again. specially since it was 5 seconds. in a mma fight guys matchup in 100 diff ways. we witnessed 1 small snippet of 1 facet of the fight.

Lame comparison. Chucking up a full court shot is pure luck whether you have a defender 5 feet away from you or 50.

Guess what. Askren immediately shot for the takedown. This wasn’t all luck. Masvidal practiced the knee because he knew how one dimensional Askren is.

A better comparison would be coach drawing up a game winning out of bounds play to free up your star against the opposing team’s weakest defender who immediately gets caught reaching and gets blown by and tea-bagged on the dunk. Said defender then gets immortalized by memes and laughed at for a long time.

you fail to grasp the real point, which is that while it's fun to speculate about matchups, these guys had a REAL FIGHT
and we saw how it went. one guy knocked the other guy out. all questions are answered, buddeh
He won the fight! he bested him. That night he was the man. Im just unbiasedly talking matchup wise. if they were to ever fight again . the grappling, clinch, cagework, cardio etc are all still a ?????????

Lame comparison. Chucking up a full court shot is pure luck whether you have a defender 5 feet away from you or 50.

Guess what. Askren immediately shot for the takedown. This wasn’t all luck. Masvidal practiced the knee because he knew how one dimensional Askren is.

A better comparison would be coach drawing up a game winning out of bounds play to free up your star against the opposing team’s weakest defender who immediately gets caught reaching and gets blown by and tea-bagged on the dunk. Said defender then gets immortalized by memes and laughed at for a long time.
yea prob a bad analogy I just saying if ever to fight again the clinch, the grappling, the cardio, cage work, jitz etc are all still??? thus my interest in the match still if ever to come to fruition

yeah a rematch would go very differently. not saying askren would win guaranteed, but it wouldnt be so easy for jorge.

5 sec fight with 1 shot thrown. fair play he won. I have given him credit many times already. just saying we hardly know how a prolonged fight would play out.
go watch gsp serra 2, cain jds 2 and 3. edgar maynard 2 and 3
go watch wandy vs rampage 3 and 4.
guy who wins the 1st time hardly means that's how the fight would go if they fought again. specially since it was 5 seconds. in a mma fight guys matchup in 100 diff ways. we witnessed 1 small snippet of 1 facet of the fight.

My point is that knee wasn't luck. If that knee is the same as a half court shot then so was Francis lifting Overeem up of the canvas or Condit KOing Hardy or any other 1 strike KO. He planned and practice for it, and being a very one dimensional wrestler Ben should have too. Nothing lucky about it. Maybe Ben wins 6 or 7 out of 10 fights but nobody fucking knows this. Based on the sample size we have Masvidal has proved he is better in the Octagon and that is the only bit of factual evidence we have. Your opinion is just the speculation of a casual.

yeah a rematch would go very differently. not saying askren would win guaranteed, but it wouldnt be so easy for jorge.
yea we all knew Jorge would have the advantage on the feet, it was his night, he did that perfectly. in bens case its not like we seen him get dominated in every position for 15 mins. so if you break it down unbiasedly the matchup is still intriguing.

My point is that knee wasn't luck. If that knee is the same as a half court shot then so was Francis lifting Overeem up of the canvas or Condit KOing Hardy or any other 1 strike KO. He planned and practice for it, and being a very one dimensional wrestler Ben should have too. Nothing lucky about it. Maybe Ben wins 6 or 7 out of 10 fights but nobody fucking knows this. Based on the sample size we have Masvidal has proved he is better in the Octagon and that is the only bit of factual evidence we have. Your opinion is just the speculation of a casual.
were have I said it was luck??? as far as the matchup goes we have 5 secs of evidence. so yea we don't know how it would go. Randy woulda beat chuck all three times by your close minded ass
looks like you just made this account yesterday noob

First it was a lucky shot

Then it was a Fluke

Now it is the fighting equivalent of a hail mary half court shot.

Okay. Never mind Jorge was drilling it and the supposed smart ben fell for the bait hook, line and sinker.

Cannot wait till the next excuse pops up in a day or so (not really).

Bens not done, but why the hell did he shot from so far away?

were have I said it was luck??? as far as the matchup goes we have 5 secs of evidence. so yea we don't know how it would go. Randy woulda beat chuck all three times by your close minded ass
looks like you just made this account yesterday noob

Bitch you are a complete casual fanboy and you have proved it in every message. You have no argument.
And you want to know when you said it was luck??? IN THE TITLE OF YOUR FUCKING THREAD YOU MORON!! LMFAO again at your stupid ass! You know when you said it was the equivalent of a half court shot?
Take care bud, I'm done mentally dominating a retard fanboy who barely understands MMA. Maybe mommy can sign you up for Taekwondo or you can watch your dad do some Taebo and you can learn from that.

Back