Jorge Masvidal and Jake Ellenberger agree to fight each other

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

Thatd be a toughhh 1st round for Jorge.

Ellensburger could crack that iron chin (Damm stoppage was terrible).

I actually like Jake in this fight

Masvidal ain't no WW

Jake has lost a lot of mass.. But him hurting brown like that twice, knocking down Wonderboy clean, and handling Marquardt on the ground recently are enough for me to pick him here.

Me after every Masvidal fight ever

Y4UcP8Q.gif

ellenburger by close split decision

Masvidal will win an easy decision. Juggernaut needs to take a few easy fights to play it safe and not get cut again.

Masvidal's defense needs to be on point. Ellenberger is still dangerous early. Gamebred's been caught before in his slow starts though usually recovers.

My gut says Masvidal via dec. Ellenberger got a better matchup than his recent ones in a hittable ultra aggressive fighter in Brown(not revision for me as I actually stated that before the fight). Jorge will be patient, won't get caught up in a brawl, will pump the jab + mix in kicks, and look to counter.

It should be a good one.

This one will tell us if the Elleberger rebirth is true.

Jake and his gigantic head have a very small chance to win this fight, I'm with gamebred

Masvidal's got too strong of a chin, and I can't see Ellenberger keeping him down for 3. I just hope Ellenberger clearly takes one of the first two rounds so Mas doesn't take his usual break in the third.

Masvidal is way too passive. If he doesn't finish Jake, he loses a decision.

This is NOT a good match up for Jake.

Jorge is the superior overall fighter, much more technical sturiking and boxing, and one of the best defensive wrestlers in the division, but Jake has far more explosiveness and power and Jorge gets hurt early in alot of fights (Daron, Chiesa, Rustam etc). That 1st round is a dangerzone for pretty much anyone fighting Jake, specially someone as vulnerable and slow a starter as Jorge.

Back