Opinion Jordan Peterson eviscerates doctors/psychotherapists offering transgender medical services to minors

Doctors sure. Aren’t psychotherapist the only people that could help them at that age though?

Unfortunately, the only "accepted" treatment is to tell kids they're obviously trans and start chemically sterilizing them while offering surgery.

Any discussion that their gender confusion is temporary and that they might grow out of it is a one way track to losing their license.

Please. The guy's research and teaching career is over because the shit he says doesn't make sense a lot of the times.
I remember when he went on Joe Rogan and was so wrong about something as what is PTSD that Rogan himself corrected him.
He held his tenure position over at the Toronto University for 20 years, btw. Sounds like a pretty decent research and teaching career regardless of the reasons he's no longer tied to the uni.

But of course you, being the crazed Canadian leftie you are, took one moment of incoherency (which I admit it was) and tried to paint the image of him being "extra retarded" and unable to keep a tenure position, which is of course laughable. Then again there's boatloads of you smartasses around here that just troll and go ad hominem so I can't say I'm really surprised. Try harder next time buddy.

He held his tenure position over at the Toronto University for 20 years, btw. Sounds like a pretty decent research and teaching career regardless of the reasons he's no longer tied to the uni.

But of course you, being the crazed Canadian leftie you are, took one moment of incoherency (which I admit it was) and tried to paint the image of him being "extra retarded" and unable to keep a tenure position, which is of course laughable. Then again there's boatloads of you smartasses around here that just troll and go ad hominem so I can't say I'm really surprised. Try harder next time buddy.

Peterson has countless hours of talks, lectures, interviews, discussions and debates online and all the haters can do is insult him because one time he stuttered a little bit or wasn't perfectly clear when he said something. If someone is going to be a Peterson critic, then at least criticize his ideas and explain why he is wrong instead of resorting to childish insults.

I never said he was consistently retarded and incoherent his entire career. In fact, I first caught glimpse of JP through a bit of his interview on JRE, and being an amateur Jungian enthusiast, decided to look more into him. I found a YouTube series of his lectures on big 5 personality theory and it was fascinating. He stuck to what he knew and was very insightful.

But then he got popular and his ego started to grow with the size of his YouTube subscription numbers. He's put his foot in his mouth on numerous occasions regarding climate change and federal law, among other things, and has also misconstrued some basic psychological concepts for the benefit of trying to make a point. He speaks as though he applies rigorous thought to what he says, but it's all in a stream of consciousness in which things are said without being carefully analyzed. He also has a convoluted pattern of speech and uses a rich vocabulary to make it seem like what he's saying is smart, but when you begin to unpack it, either doesn't make sense, or is easily refutable.

But yet he has a loyal following. He speaks to society's rejects, mainly incels, about social hierarchy as a basic repeated template in all societies and in the animal kingdom, with little discernment. He doesn't challenge those who misinterpret what he's saying and promote dangerous ideas because they pay feed his wallet and his ego.

Peterson was fired from the university because he's gone rogue in the field of psychology and has made several comments that made him and the university look bad. He no longer had the support of the research community who are advancing the real science as he was focused on giving speeches and interviews where he is barely ever challenged. The times he does get challenged, like in debates, he gets demolished and abandons prematurely due to "being tired due to health issues".

I heard numbers on the news last night (Fox or CNN) that about 2% of Boomers were trans or gay, just under 4% for Gen X, 10% for Millenials (I knew SOMETHING was up when dudes started wearing tight ass "skinny jeans" lol) and 20% for Zoomers...

Can those #;s be right??!! Crazt if so.

I heard numbers on the news last night (Fox or CNN) that about 2% of Boomers were trans or gay, just under 4% for Gen X, 10% for Millenials (I knew SOMETHING was up when dudes started wearing tight ass "skinny jeans" lol) and 20% for Zoomers...

I don't think it is normal to see a 4000 percent explosion in kids identifying as trans in only a decade. Something sinister is going on.

"The promotion of transgender issues in schools has 'sown confusion' in children's minds and that encouraging children to question gender has 'become an industry."

4,000% Explosion in Kids Identifying as Transgender, Docs Perform Double Mastectomies on Healthy Teen Girls

The study found, "Using a novel measure of chest dysphoria, this cohort study at a large, urban, hospital-affiliated ambulatory clinic specializing in transgender youth care collected survey data about testosterone use and chest distress among transmasculine youth and young adults. Additional information about regret and adverse effects was collected from those who had undergone surgery. Eligible youth were 13 to 25 years old, had been assigned female at birth, and had an identified gender as something other than female. Recruitment occurred during clinical visits and via telephone between June 2016 and December 2016."

In the UK, young people referred for "gender treatment" has increased from 97 in 2009 to 2,510 in 2017-2018, an over 4,000 percent increase in 10 years.

"Some educationalists have previously warned that the promotion of transgender issues in schools has 'sown confusion' in children's minds and that encouraging children to question gender has 'become an industry,'" the Telegraph reported.

The spike has fueled a UK investigation into the increase in children seeking to transition to the opposite sex. Officials will look into the role of social media in encouraging children to consider changing their sex.

Last edited:
I never said he was consistently retarded and incoherent his entire career. In fact, I first caught glimpse of JP through a bit of his interview on JRE, and being an amateur Jungian enthusiast, decided to look more into him. I found a YouTube series of his lectures on big 5 personality theory and it was fascinating. He stuck to what he knew and was very insightful.

But then he got popular and his ego started to grow with the size of his YouTube subscription numbers. He's put his foot in his mouth on numerous occasions regarding climate change and federal law, among other things, and has also misconstrued some basic psychological concepts for the benefit of trying to make a point. He speaks as though he applies rigorous thought to what he says, but it's all in a stream of consciousness in which things are said without being carefully analyzed. He also has a convoluted pattern of speech and uses a rich vocabulary to make it seem like what he's saying is smart, but when you begin to unpack it, either doesn't make sense, or is easily refutable.

But yet he has a loyal following. He speaks to society's rejects, mainly incels, about social hierarchy as a basic repeated template in all societies and in the animal kingdom, with little discernment. He doesn't challenge those who misinterpret what he's saying and promote dangerous ideas because they pay feed his wallet and his ego.

Peterson was fired from the university because he's gone rogue in the field of psychology and has made several comments that made him and the university look bad. He no longer had the support of the research community who are advancing the real science as he was focused on giving speeches and interviews where he is barely ever challenged. The times he does get challenged, like in debates, he gets demolished and abandons prematurely due to "being tired due to health issues".

Can you link one of these debates where he loses or concedes? Not being a smartass, sincerely curious

It's the ultra high processed food and the chemicals they feed to cattle. And round up on our fruits and veggies. They're all fucking with kids genetics and their developing brains.

I'm kidding but, as I typed it, I couldn't help but wonder if there was any truth to it, lol.

It's the ultra high processed food and the chemicals they feed to cattle. And round up on our fruits and veggies. They're all fucking with kids genetics and their developing brains.

I'm kidding but, as I typed it, I couldn't help but wonder if there was any truth to it, lol.

It is interesting.

I much prefer the vintage, measured, data driven Jordan Peterson to this new alarmist version. Having said that, the number of gender reassignment surgeries has gone up dramatically since 2016. There could be good reasons or bad for this. But I'd like to understand why. It could be because the stigma is fraying and more people are getting much needed help. Or there could be, as you say, 'something in the water'.

It is interesting.

I much prefer the vintage, measured, data driven Jordan Peterson to this new alarmist version. Having said that, the number of gender reassignment surgeries has gone up dramatically since 2016. There could be good reasons or bad for this. But I'd like to understand why. It could be because the stigma is fraying and more people are getting much needed help. Or there could be, as you say, 'something in the water'.
There is a large stigma component. I was reading about ancient China and it was mentioned that in China, as in Greece and many other ancient societies, homosexual relationships weren't shunned. They were considered normal. I'd imagine that in societies where homosexual relationships don't turn people into pariahs, you'd start seeing a wider array of sexual expression. People wouldn't be labelled "trans" or "gay" or whatever because there wouldn't be a reason to label people as divergent from the norm when the norm is broad to begin with.

Most actual transgender people transition as children. That is not the issue the issue is it being politicized so parents make their kids transition to virtue signal. The LGBT thing ties groups together with fundamentally different situations. Lesbians and gays are trying to normalize an alternative lifestyle, trans people are trying to transition to an established one on the DL. They are incompatible with each other.

Take some benzos Jordan and clean your fucking room.

Last edited:
You’re right that they’re a small amount of people, but they hold a disproportionate amount of attention in the media and politics.

since everyone pretty much has equal rights and opportunities, we’ve stretched out definition of civil rights to include the “right” to use womens bathrooms and donate blood.
Exactly.

Wtf is with all the “gay rights”, “trans rights” and all that nonsense. I thought “human rights” already covers everyone. What rights are these people denied exactly.

I should make my own category, I want 6’ tall heterosexual white guy rights, I want my own bathroom too and a special month to celebrate me every year.

There is a large stigma component. I was reading about ancient China and it was mentioned that in China, as in Greece and many other ancient societies, homosexual relationships weren't shunned. They were considered normal. I'd imagine that in societies where homosexual relationships don't turn people into pariahs, you'd start seeing a wider array of sexual expression. People wouldn't be labelled "trans" or "gay" or whatever because there wouldn't be a reason to label people as divergent from the norm when the norm is broad to begin with.

i think rome and greece compared with one another suggests that human sexualty can be primarily influenced by culture. first of all in rome homosexuality was rampant.... i mean if anybody is still trying to say people don't choose to be gay and are born with it rome and greece both ought to completely dispel that illusion forever. unless we are to believe that the vast majority of men are gay lol or that rome and greece were genetic anomalies each of a different kind. rome and greece both had rampant homoxexuality but the forms were VERY different suggesting a heavy social influence on sexuality.

but rome only approved of exploitative and dominant versions of homosexuality. men having sex with undersage boys was approved, men having sex with younger males was approved but a man having sex with another man as the bottom was shamed deeply.... as was a romantic relationship of love between men. men having sex with a woman was considered a lower from of sexuality because men were not with an equal when with a woman.

but in greece almost none of this was rampant and a much more loving version of homosexuality emerged allowing for same sex love making and relationship.

these two cultures evolved totaly different expression of homosexualty and pedophilia showed up in one of them and i can think of no way to explain it in contrast with today's norms other than to say that sexual preference is MOSTLY decided by social and cultural cues absorbed and internalized pre puberty and also during and after puberty.

i dont think there is any way to think about this issue clearly without taking the aspect of social contagion and influence very seriously.

Exactly.

Wtf is with all the “gay rights”, “trans rights” and all that nonsense. I thought “human rights” already covers everyone. What rights are these people denied exactly.

I should make my own category, I want 6’ tall heterosexual white guy rights, I want my own bathroom too and a special month to celebrate me every year.
Wait, you’re only 6 ft? How’d you get in here, you manlet?

Back