Jones would get mauled by legit heavyweights

I think Cain and JDS beat him, and maybe Cormier, but otherwise I have him using his speed and beating most of the others.

I was gonna start a thread saying the same thing...He would get destroyed by any top 5 HW. Now i really want to see Cormier drop down n fight him

his stand up looked very mechanical and one dimensional. its very different when he has to fight someone his own size.

Jones has trouble will all big LHW's. Bonnar gave him his toughest fight before Gus.

I had it 48-47 for Gustafsson.

Both Anderson/Jones struggled the first time they faced a MW/LHW with the same reach/height as themselves. Coincidence? Don't think so.

This is also the reason why Fedor is the GOAT. A LHW who dominated HW for 10 years.
I mean, Jones is considerably bigger than Fedor. Yet I don't think he'd have half the success Fedor had at HW.

Doesn't take a genius to work that out.

It's only the idiots who think he can do what he does at LHW against top HW

Gus is the same size as bones...why no pressure for him in moving up? They both would be small heavyweights

Yea, I don't think he can hang at HW. At least 5 guys would maul him up there.

Props to Gus though; he did a great job and could have won that decision.

The people thinking he could hold two belts look kind of silly now

I always thought the stuff about Jones' height and reach was grossly exaggerated, but tonight proved me wrong. His mythical striking totally breaks down with loss in size, and he was still the larger and stronger fighter. He would get destroyed at HW.

Brown Cain Barnett are just a few that would handle jones .

His standup looked bad tonight. Maybe it was the first time he had real resistance and he seemed surprised and didnt know how to deal with it. Someone with JDSs power can hurt him as he ate so many punches tonight. Its great when you know you can strike and as soon as it gets heated you can pull out a takedown. Tonight he couldnt pull the takedown and was just lost

I've been saying this for a long time now. His biggest weakness is that he doesn't hit like a HW and probably can't take shots like a HW.

Back