Jones wants DC and imo DC beats Gus...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who agrees? Don't think Jones is ducking if he wants the harder opponent. He fought Gus and could prolly learn from that fight and come back and have a game plan to beat him more convincingly. He wants to fight diff opponents before he starts rematching guys. I also think he might not want to have to fight Gus in Sweden which is rumored and be booed out the building. He is the champ, why should he have to go fight in Gus's hometown? He'll have to deal with jet lag and all that shit. He will fight Gus but wants DC first. DC beats Gus imo. Thoughts?

Yes dc is more dangerous than gustaffson

DC should be next for the title shot.

Gus already had his chance and couldn't get it done, even though he does deserve a rematch.

Gus showed he was pretty damn dangerous to Jones. He wrecked him pretty good, no one else has ever done that to Jones. Only time will tell if DC is as dangerous to Jones as Gus is.

I thought Jones promised Gus was next after Glover. I guess not being sent to a hospital takes precedence over keeping your word :D

Fight a guy 5 inch shorter than you, or a guy 1 inch taller than you that punched your face into a hospital. Ehh, just fight the shorter guy and claim it's cause he's bored of same opponents despite not having rematched any one of his opponents yet.

Yeah, should do DC vs Jones, give Gustafsson another opponent in the meantime. Someone meaningful. Everyone is hot on Rumble these days, so why not that match-up? If he wins, he's on a 2 fight win streak and has a good claim for a title shot (as good as it's going to get short of being Rashad or DC).

i think dc is a much more dangerous fight for jones than anyone else at lhw

Big foot Silva thought he had a smaller amount and booooooooooom

He just wants a smaller opponent.

He wants a smaller opponent so he chooses a guy who was totally dominant at the next weight class up?

You Jones haters need to try harder and do better.

He wants a smaller opponent so he chooses a guy who was totally dominant at the next weight class up?

You Jones haters need to try harder and do better.

He obviously wants an easier fight. Last time he fought Gus he was stretched out the venue.

Who agrees? Don't think Jones is ducking if he wants the harder opponent. He fought Gus and could prolly learn from that fight and come back and have a game plan to beat him more convincingly. He wants to fight diff opponents before he starts rematching guys. I also think he might not want to have to fight Gus in Sweden which is rumored and be booed out the building. He is the champ, why should he have to go fight in Gus's hometown? He'll have to deal with jet lag and all that shit. He will fight Gus but wants DC first. DC beats Gus imo. Thoughts?

Although DC is going to be a difficult opponent exactly what makes him a harder fight for Jones than the guy who already put a beating on him?

Is it also not possible for Gus to have learned just as much, if not more, from his fight with Jones than Jones?

Gus is the #1 contender and therefore should be fighting Jones, period. And if for some reason Zuffa doesn't put that fight together, DC will end up fighting Gus for that belt after he puts a beating on Jones too.

Make no "Bones" about it, it seems to me like Jon Bones Jones is ducking the rematch because the last one was so close. I think he is concerned that with the last fight being so close, and his opponent now having some experience with his fighting style, he may lose this time around.

We know Jon Jones is trying to go undefeated, and Alexander Gustafsson has more than a "punchers chance" of stripping that away from him.

To me, Jon Jones has become a bit cocky about how skilled he is. Now, it's time to put up or shut up. He's says he is the best in the world: then silence those who don't believe you! Sign the bout agreement!

I like dc first due to dc age, gus is young so no need to rush for the rematch he should try to improve more. But isn't dc injured?

I agree. This forum is always bitching about rematches in the UFC...unless it's JJ lol. Then fck that. I'd rather watch JJ fight DC. DC is legit and will probably be the first fighter that won't have to fear JJ's takedowns. He's deceptively fast, fast hard hands, can throw kicks and will probably be the first to single-leg JJ to the mat. This is fckn BLACK FEDOR for crissakes!

It doesn't matter. DC's injury is likely to keep him from fighting for 6 months at least. Timeline wise, Gus/Jones is the fight to make. DC isn't going anywhere. We'll see DC get the title shot once he is healed.

Jones wants DC simply cos he's shorter & talent levels aside, believes he can take advantage of DC's knee injury by oblique kicking it into oblivion!

Back