Jones vs Reyes 2 will do huge numbers

I think you are forgetting the casual fan runs shit. Reyes just doesn't have the capture the fans mentality. I'm sorry but your way off on this one.
I dont know bro. This just needs promo. Everybody sees Jones as on his way out. That's a storyline in itself that will be milked. EVERYBODY that watches mma will tune in for his next one.

Prisoner of the moment you are.

GSP vs Hendricks
Silva vs Chael
Conor vs Diaz
Silva vs Teh Chris
Hell even Jones vs Gustafson had more steam.

This might be big but not huge.

I dont know bro. This just needs promo. Everybody sees Jones as on his way out. That's a storyline in itself that will be milked. EVERYBODY that watches mma will tune in for his next one.
I challenge you to do a field test.

Walk down the street and ask 100 people:
Do you know who jon jones is?
Did you know he fought this past weekend?
Who did he fight?

#1 may surprise you

#2 WILL prove my point

#3 will be extremely eye opening for you.

Prisoner of the moment you are.

GSP vs Hendricks
Silva vs Chael
Conor vs Diaz
Silva vs Teh Chris
Hell even Jones vs Gustafson had more steam.

This might be big but not huge.
GSP Hendricks? When did that rematch happen GTFOH lol. Silva Chael I concede.Conor Diaz cut deep like knife you got me I'm high. Jones vs Gustafson I think this one here might do bigger but somewhere in that realm

I challenge you to do a field test.

Walk down the street and ask 100 people:
Do you know who jon jones is?
Did you know he fought this past weekend?
Who did he fight?

#1 may surprise you

#2 WILL prove my point

#3 will be extremely eye opening for you.
I am a Jones fan. I am from the same city and one of my wife's close friends knows his family since they were kids. Believe me I talk about Jones to casuals and he is the only name currently fighting other than Conor and the occasional Diaz I am all but guaranteed to have people know. You may be right that there is no star big enough to set him up with a clash of titans for casuals at the moment

Sorry I'm high as hell right now. This will be lucky to make top 10. I'm on one. Flame away

Conor vs Dennis Siver II would do bigger numbers and I'm not even joking.

Bj vs gsp, mcgrbooger vs Diaz and chuck vs Tito three quick ones I am sure we have more.

Not even close. A guy with 13 fights against the greatest Mmaer of all time.

you are a prisoner of the moment.

Jon has a huge reach advantage over any guy in the sport.
Imagine if bones just moved backwards the whole fight and tried out pointing every guy with a jab and low kicks and not press forward bringing the fight. Jones has that luxury.
a guy with that reach should never be stalking and trying to force the fight.
Especially a guy with the status and career of jones. The onus should be on the challenger to take a title. Not try to win a close decision going tit for tat.
And I know you guys say that doesn’t matter. But it has always mattered. It mattered 100 years ago as it does today.
the challenger shouldn’t be trying to out point a legend and try to win by the cards. And not even fight for 10 of the 25 mins.

If Jon fought like Reyes a lot of you guys would say Jon avoided the fight.

I would bet my kids life that the majority of you guys have followed the sport for 10 years or less.
And you think you’re experts with no perspective of what prize fighting is.

If you’re moving away the whole fight you better put on a clinic if you want to win a fight.
espevially against a guy like jones who has been a champion before a lot of you “fight fans” grew pubes.

Not even close. A guy with 13 fights against the greatest Mmaer of all time.

you are a prisoner of the moment.

Jon has a huge reach advantage over any guy in the sport.
Imagine if bones just moved backwards the whole fight and tried out pointing every guy with a jab and low kicks and not press forward bringing the fight. Jones has that luxury.
a guy with that reach should never be stalking and trying to force the fight.
Especially a guy with the status and career of jones. The onus should be on the challenger to take a title. Not try to win a close decision going tit for tat.
And I know you guys say that doesn’t matter. But it has always mattered. It mattered 100 years ago as it does today.
the challenger shouldn’t be trying to out point a legend and try to win by the cards. And not even fight for 10 of the 25 mins.

If Jon fought like Reyes a lot of you guys would say Jon avoided the fight.

I would bet my kids life that the majority of you guys have followed the sport for 10 years or less.
And you think you’re experts with no perspective of what prize fighting is.

If you’re moving away the whole fight you better put on a clinic if you want to win a fight.
espevially against a guy like jones who has been a champion before a lot of you “fight fans” grew pubes.
I'm on one excuse me sherbro. I was just high and caught in the moment. Let me be great

LMAO. Top 3? Not even top three in the LHW division.

Chuck vs Tito 2
Jon vs DC 2
Shogun vs Machida 2
Wandy vs Rampage 2 and 3
Couture vs Liddel 2 and 3

ETC...

All debate notwithstanding, I thought Reyes vs. Jones was a great fight and I'd love to see a rematch. Will it happen?

Back