Jones v. Gustafsson: There is No Controversy

How does it feel to be wrong?

We all know the answer to that.

The fact that people are coming at me because of my initial post in this thread validates my opinion

the fact that they scored the second round for Jones, they all lose any credit what so ever. Takedowns score a lot of points whether you do anything with it or not and Gus got a clean takedown. If that is not the case, then Jon's takedowns should be excluded since he didn't throw a since strike on the ground.

The fact that people are coming at me because of my initial post in this thread validates my opinion

people disagreeing with you validates your opinion?

How did people give Jones Rd. 2? Wasn't that the one he got taken down in addition to getting outstruck?

The fact that i wanted to Gus win has nothing to do with how i scored the fight i just happen to think he did enough to earn th

The fact that i wanted to Gus win has nothing to do with how i scored the fight i just happen to think he did enough to earn th

A majority of people on sherdog and in the MMA community scored it for Gus. Have you seen fighter reactions?

TS, is that why 90% of pro MMA fighters (many in the UFC) gave it to Gus by split or a draw at best for Jones in order to keep his belt? Is that why more than 2:1 of the fans here on Sherdog and on other MMA forums scored it for Gus 3 rounds to 2? Even Dana White wasn't sure and stopped scoring it after the 3rd or 4th round. No controversy? Yeah right, nice try at brainwashing more intelligent people than you are. For the record, Sports Illustrated scored it a draw if I recall and MMA Now also scored it for Gus. Your own MMA Media outlets (which there's dozens of) have also failed you. Congrats. :cool:

LOL... You f*@ktard

Sports Illustrated scored it:
round 1: 10-9 Gus
round 2: 10-10 draw
round 3: 10-9 Jones
round 4: 10-9 Jones
round 5: 10-9 Jones
Total: 49-47 Jones

People hate on Jones for shit that has nothing to do with fighting, then when they're called on the manifestation of that hate, they get mad.

Umm, okay. Thanks for letting me know. What that has to do with anything?

Are you saying that you arent trolling? That everything you say isnt just to stir up shit and twist things? You cant tell me that all the shit you spew on these forum you do with a straight face.

There is no such thing as controversy in a close fight. Fans try and create it but there is none to create. The fight was great and close. So no controversy..

Amen

I wouldn't have seen this as a controversy if Gus won either, or if it was a draw.

LOL... You f*@ktard

Sports Illustrated scored it:
round 1: 10-9 Gus
round 2: 10-10 draw
round 3: 10-9 Jones
round 4: 10-9 Jones
round 5: 10-9 Jones
Total: 49-47 Jones

Apparently SI 'changed' what they'd scored immediately after the fight last night. Go figure. :rolleyes: Zuffa paid them off as they did the others, coolbeans. Now, what about MMA Now and everything else I said? Dispute that please. :wink:

Apparently SI 'changed' what they'd scored immediately after the fight last night. Go figure. :rolleyes: Zuffa paid them off as they did the others, coolbeans. Now, what about MMA Now and everything else I said? Dispute that please. :wink:

Ummm...SI corrected the final score because initially their math was wrong. Read the fight blog. The author incorrectly totaled the score the first time. just saying....

Bones deserves an immediate rematch against Jones. I find it a bit unfair that Jones got to fight Bones after 6 title defenses. Anderson Silva had way more title defenses & has been dying to fight The Spider for years, but Dana never gave Anderson his dream fight. TOTAL BULLSH*T!!!!

There is no such thing as controversy in a close fight. Fans try and create it but there is none to create. The fight was great and close. So no controversy..

too many on this forum seem incapable of understanding this.

They seem to think 'if my guy loses a close decision and I did not think he did then that is controversial' which in fact would make every close decision then controversial.

if every close decision is automatically controversial then no close decision is controversial.

SherShihTzu said:
TOTAL: 8 out of 8 give Jones a 10-9
Fighters and fans are over 2:1 in favor of Gustaffson.

Don't let your head explode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back